Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Nice find! So it's 3 complimentary Club Lounge upgrades per year?

Would it be possible to reserve a 4 Night stay at an RC, get the 4th night free using Citi Prestige, then upgrade to a Club Lounge using this benefit?
You have to pay with the Ritz card to use the club upgrades.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:06 pm

Found this today on Business Wire

Cardmembers Receive Access to Even More Extraordinary Experiences With Enhancements to The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card.

First Top 5 U.S. Credit Card Issuer to Offer a Visa Infinite Card

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...s-Ritz-Carlton
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by mia
  • Chase Ritz Carlton pays for all guests; you pay for none.
If this is true, i might consider dropping my Amex Platinum. Anyone notice what the additional cardmember fee is on the new card? I haven't looked yet.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:45 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
If this is true, i might consider dropping my Amex Platinum. Anyone notice what the additional cardmember fee is on the new card? I haven't looked yet.
I hope it's still $0. I've got 2 authorized users currently.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:48 pm

None, per JPM rep I spoke with over the weekend.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:11 pm

I hope they don't switch to a laminated card like the Sapphire and keep the full titanium.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
None, per JPM rep I spoke with over the weekend.
My initial reaction to this is that I would be worried that the card benefits won't be extended to the additional card member. If they are extended, this would make this card an even better value that it seems to be turning into.

Originally Posted by MrMosby
I hope they don't switch to a laminated card like the Sapphire and keep the full titanium.
Me too. Everyone has something to say about the current card....it's pretty funny all the comments people come up with, but does get old at times.

Question for current cardholders: Has anyone received any notification of the new Infinite version of the card and the migration plan? It seems odd to me that there hasn't been yet (for me).
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Question for current cardholders: Has anyone received any notification of the new Infinite version of the card and the migration plan? It seems odd to me that there hasn't been yet (for me).
I called yesterday with faux outrage that the new cardholders got Priority Pass while existing customers only have Lounge Club. I was told I'd eventually get a letter in the mail explaining the changes and that he could not upgrade me yet.

Since I had played at being upset I couldn't let on that I knew I could already book flights at $100 off. (I tested that yesterday, too.)
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by highops
I called yesterday with faux outrage that the new cardholders got Priority Pass while existing customers only have Lounge Club. I was told I'd eventually get a letter in the mail explaining the changes and that he could not upgrade me yet.

Since I had played at being upset I couldn't let on that I knew I could already book flights at $100 off. (I tested that yesterday, too.)
LOL!

I think I should cancel the additional cardmember I have on the Signature version of the card NOW since Chase seems to be allowing current cardholders the extras the new Infinite version provides (e.g., current cardholders being told they will get one free night since the new offer has 3 nights free and the old one only gave 2 nights free (which I am using at the Ritz Maui in 26 days!)). What do you think?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
LOL!

I think I should cancel the additional cardmember I have on the Signature version of the card NOW since Chase seems to be allowing current cardholders the extras the new Infinite version provides (e.g., current cardholders being told they will get one free night since the new offer has 3 nights free and the old one only gave 2 nights free (which I am using at the Ritz Maui in 26 days!)). What do you think?
Are you talking about the 10,000 points for an AU? If you are relatively new then ask them to match you. If you've been around awhile it's probably hopeless.

My AU's all have their own Lounge Club cards. One of them needed it to travel without me once and I just ordered it for everyone.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:30 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
My initial reaction to this is that I would be worried that the card benefits won't be extended to the additional card member. If they are extended, this would make this card an even better value that it seems to be turning into.

Me too. Everyone has something to say about the current card....it's pretty funny all the comments people come up with, but does get old at times.

Nothing for me. But I won't be back to my permanent address until Saturday, so it could be sitting in the mail pile.

As an aside, I got my renewed lounge club card last week. Poor timing it seems!
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by highops
Are you talking about the 10,000 points for an AU? If you are relatively new then ask them to match you. If you've been around awhile it's probably hopeless.

My AU's all have their own Lounge Club cards. One of them needed it to travel without me once and I just ordered it for everyone.
We didn't get any points for adding an AU for Ritz right? Only the Marriott card offered 5k points for adding an AU within the last year right? You're probably correct, but I think I'm gonna try and drop my AU just in case (since a migration is occurring and the 10k AU add wasn't available for the Ritz card).
Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:14 am

Programs: Kettle Class
Originally Posted by sig05
You have to pay with the Ritz card to use the club upgrades.
YMMV obviously, but some folks have been able to use a different card to pay for 4th Night Free reservations made with the Citi Prestige Concierge.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by progapanda
YMMV obviously, but some folks have been able to use a different card to pay for 4th Night Free reservations made with the Citi Prestige Concierge.
While the hotel itself might not care which card is used to settle the bill at check-out (most of them are probably not trained on the ins and outs of the discount program), I find it hard to believe that at the reservation point it would be possible to use a different card.

As one have to call in to book those rates, and it is so easy to distinguish between a MC and a Visa, I would be very surprised if they let you book it with a prestige card. But, as humans are involved, everything is possible.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:54 am

How long does one have to use the 3 nights? Are they significantly capacity controlled, or pretty easy to use? I'm guessing people try to shoot for Tier 4? Are there any particularly obvious values? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.