Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:57 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rbw5t
How long does one have to use the 3 nights? Are they significantly capacity controlled, or pretty easy to use? I'm guessing people try to shoot for Tier 4? Are there any particularly obvious values? Thanks!
I think 1 yr. you can use them as long as there is a standard room available on points.

It was easy for me. I used mine at the Edition in NY and the Ritz Battery Park. Saved me close to $1k.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
How long does one have to use the 3 nights? Are they significantly capacity controlled, or pretty easy to use? I'm guessing people try to shoot for Tier 4? Are there any particularly obvious values? Thanks!
The wifey and I used our 2 certs (RC card used to come with 2 nights instead of 3) for an upcoming Maui reservation...it was no problem making the reservation for the dates we needed.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:02 am

Guys, can somebody pinpoint to the post which explains AF refund after credit limit reduction: how to do it and why do they honor it?
Does it work for the Infinite?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by esha1
Guys, can somebody pinpoint to the post which explains AF refund after credit limit reduction: how to do it and why do they honor it?
Does it work for the Infinite?
The Card Act prohibits fees over 25% of the credit limit. As to why Chase allows $1500 CL's, I don't know.

If Chase allows the drop to $1500 I guess it will work. Maybe they can't/won't with Infinite?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:23 am

Is the method to hit the minimum spend ($5k for the new 3 night offer) immediately, pay it off, and then request the limit reduction to $1500, all before the first year's fee is due?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:43 am

Is the method to hit the minimum spend ($5k for the new 3 night offer) immediately, pay it off, and then request the limit reduction to $1500, all before the first year's fee is due?

That's what I did. I hit min spend during first cycle during which the AF posted. I PIF and included the AF amount I didn't lower the AF until the second cycle and the AF was credited back. I just used the credit to offset second cycle spend.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:44 am

We chose 1500 cutoff since $395/0.25 = $1580 and $1500 was a better round number
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:05 pm

Does this card charge for an AU? If so, I'm in big trouble!

Just applied for and received this card last week. Before I knew of new promotion. Called JPM and was told they would pass along message to marketing department to "see" if I could be upgraded to new promotion. No return call as of yet.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by highops
The Card Act prohibits fees over 25% of the credit limit. As to why Chase allows $1500 CL's, I don't know.

If Chase allows the drop to $1500 I guess it will work. Maybe they can't/won't with Infinite?
I've already successfully lowered mine on my newly approved infinite.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Originally Posted by mia
  • Chase Ritz Carlton pays for all guests; you pay for none.
Did Chase change this policy? I remember they only paid one guest at one point (a few years back). However, last year, when I received the LC card, the letter said "guests for free". I wasn't able to verify. You are saying they will pay unlimited number of guests as long as the lounge allows access.

Last edited by leonard016; Aug 9, 2016 at 2:00 pm
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by cotomom
Does this card charge for an AU? If so, I'm in big trouble!

Just applied for and received this card last week. Before I knew of new promotion. Called JPM and was told they would pass along message to marketing department to "see" if I could be upgraded to new promotion. No return call as of yet.
Free AUs
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by leonard016
... You are saying...
I am only summarizing what was written in THIS post. I have no knowledge of Chase's policy.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by leonard016
Did Chase change this policy? I remember they only paid one guest at one point (a few years back). However, last year, when I received the LC card, the letter said "guests for free". I wasn't able to verify. You are saying they will pay unlimited number of guests as long as the lounge allows access.
I've had two guests. I think it actually said two guests somewhere at some point. Maybe they gave up the limit when they said AU's could have their own card. It seems silly for a family to scan multiple cards.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:57 pm

New card just arrived. Visa Infinite on the back. It is metal.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Originally Posted by mia
I am only summarizing what was written in THIS post. I have no knowledge of Chase's policy.
I see. Thank you for the clarification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.