Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Got my new PP card in the mail today. Letter said the exact same as the Lounge Club letter I got last week:

You and your accompanying guests may visit participating lounges as often as you wish during your membership year. *

*[...] Access and length of stay may be restricted due to space constraints and otherwise at the sole discretion of each lounge operator
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:53 pm

I didn't get any indication this card needs to be activated? Anyone know?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by bmms8
I didn't get any indication this card needs to be activated? Anyone know?
It's pre activated
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
It's pre activated
Thanks for the quick response!

On another note, if i add my wife as an AU to get the points, does that have any affect on her 5/24, or any affect on her applying for the same card? Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
So I had heard mixed things on different calls about Priority Pass. Today 3 of the 4 users on my account got PP cards in the mail. I imagine I'll get the other tomorrow.

On a (very) mildly amusing note I was able to get on the Visa Infinite flight site. I tried to book flights to Puerto Rico. I think the benefit must be limited to the 50 states, or the 48 continental states. But, the error message did not say that. It said "Flights must be in the United States."
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by bmms8
Thanks for the quick response!

On another note, if i add my wife as an AU to get the points, does that have any affect on her 5/24, or any affect on her applying for the same card? Thanks!
Yes.

No.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 2:33 am

Programs: UA gold
Since some of you have already got the newer version card. Is it all-metal or downgraded to the sandwich one, like Sapphire?

In addition, there is a rumor that Chase will start to change all the existing card into newer version. Is that true? If so, when does it gonna happen? Thx
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by ezakipocky
Since some of you have already got the newer version card. Is it all-metal or downgraded to the sandwich one, like Sapphire?

In addition, there is a rumor that Chase will start to change all the existing card into newer version. Is that true? If so, when does it gonna happen? Thx
All metal still. I applied last Monday.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:28 am

Can someone confirm that the free nights are deposited into account after min spend statement? I can meet the spend requirement in the first month but may want to delay it to the third month to time a stay.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:10 pm

Has anyone tried using the $100 benefit but charging it to another Visa Infinite? (Apparently said benefit will not be included with the Sapphire Reserve. Whomp Whomp.)

Also, how do people prevent their metal cards from scratching?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by nall
The dinged corners and scratches add character.

(You can't prevent it in the US now- you will at some point hear the distinct ringing sound when someone at a restaurant drops it on the floor when you are paying.)
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:47 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Has anyone tried using the $100 benefit but charging it to another Visa Infinite? (Apparently said benefit will not be included with the Sapphire Reserve. Whomp Whomp.)

From the Visa Discount Air website:

Ticket must be purchased in full using a U.S.-issued Visa Infinite card. No other form of payment will be accepted. The cardmember's name on the Visa Infinite card being used to purchase the tickets must match the primary traveler's name on the itinerary.
Regards scratching, I just keep it in my wallet and don't use it often. My CSP on the other hand, looks well used!
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by vah4883
Did you apply for new infinite card or you already had one?
I responded to the 140k promo last year and just paid the $395 annual fee July 01.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:52 pm

Call the number on the back of your card and ask them to ship you a new card to you...
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by luoxiao
Call the number on the back of your card and ask them to ship you a new card to you...
I had to do this when I used my card to cut a plastic tie off my bike. (It was holding the fender in place until I got home to replace a screw.) It worked, but unfortunately I used the side with the mag strip instead of the other side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.