Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by highops
I had to do this when I used my card to cut a plastic tie off my bike. (It was holding the fender in place until I got home to replace a screw.) It worked, but unfortunately I used the side with the mag strip instead of the other side.
Lol it's a good tool sometimes
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by nall
Has anyone tried using the $100 benefit but charging it to another Visa Infinite? (Apparently said benefit will not be included with the Sapphire Reserve. Whomp Whomp.)
The ritz card is pre populated when you're checking out and the payment info isn't editable.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:01 am

Hey guys quick question. I know with the old Ritz Carlton card you could buy AA gift cards and have them refunded via the travel incidental credit. Is that still possible with the the new Ritz Carlton Visa Infinite's annual $300 travel credit and, if so, is there a maximum value the gift card can be? Also, does anyone know if it's possible to buy JetBlue and/or United gift cards with the annual $300 credit?

Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:37 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by thm1223
Hey guys quick question. I know with the old Ritz Carlton card you could buy AA gift cards and have them refunded via the travel incidental credit. Is that still possible with the the new Ritz Carlton Visa Infinite's annual $300 travel credit and, if so, is there a maximum value the gift card can be? Also, does anyone know if it's possible to buy JetBlue and/or United gift cards with the annual $300 credit?

Thanks!
I assume it's done the same way as before - call JPM. If that's the case, it's entirely dependent on the agent. Some ask no questions, others vigorously defend the rules.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by United747
I assume it's done the same way as before - call JPM. If that's the case, it's entirely dependent on the agent. Some ask no questions, others vigorously defend the rules.
Yeah that's what I figure. If I buy go down the gift card route, I wonder if it's worth buying 1 $300 card or 2+ cards at lower and/or random values.

Hmmm....
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Just got the following email regarding new benefits for my legacy Signature card (bolding mine):

It is our pleasure to introduce several new and updated benefits that will make your Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card even more rewarding.
$100 Discount On 2 or More Airline Tickets1
Save $100 on air travel when you use your Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card to book a qualifying itinerary for 2 to 5 travelers. Best of all, there's no limit on the number of times you can use this benefit. To learn more, visit VisaDiscountAir.com/RitzCarltonCard.
• Car Rental Discounts and Upgrades1
Book with your Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card and get VIP amenities and discounts with Avis, National and Silvercar.
Learn more at RitzCarltonRewardsCard.com.
Global Entry Application Fee Reimbursement1
Apply for Global Entry, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection program, using your Card to pay your application fee (currently $100) and receive a $100 statement credit. If approved, you will also be eligible to receive TSA Pre✔ ® privileges at no additional cost.
• More Airport Lounge Access2
You now have access to more than 900 VIP airport lounges in more than 400 cities around the world through Priority PassTM Select, your new airport lounge benefit. Look for your new membership materials in the mail soon. To view a listing of participating lounges, visit PriorityPass.com/select.
• Improved Trip Delay Reimbursement3
If your common carrier travel is delayed more than 6 hours or requires an overnight stay, you and your family are covered for unreimbursed expenses, such as meals and lodging, up to $500 per ticket. For full terms, click here.
• Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver Benefit3
Whenever you rent a car, decline the company's collision insurance and charge the entire rental cost to your card. Coverage is primary and provides reimbursement up to $75,000 for theft and collision damage for rental cars in the U.S. and abroad. For full terms, click here.
All these benefits are available to you right now. Should you require additional information or assistance, please visit RitzCarltonRewardsCard.com.
I'm glad this clears up the confusion I had over the GE credit.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ncSam
Just got the following email regarding new benefits for my legacy Signature card (bolding mine): ...

I'm glad this clears up the confusion I had over the GE credit.
Just got the same email. Has anyone figured out how to take advantage of the new rental car discount/upgrade perks? The website mentions something about a "promotional offer code," but it's nowhere to be found. I'll probably have to call in and ask about it.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:24 am

I received the email this morning too - Booked a flight today with the $100 Visa Discount - allowed me to input TSA # and airline loyalty # too.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Has anyone figured out how to take advantage of the new rental car discount/upgrade perks? The website mentions something about a "promotional offer code," but it's nowhere to be found. I'll probably have to call in and ask about it.
I have the same question. Posted it in the VISA Infinite specific benefits thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ax-others.html
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Just got the same email. Has anyone figured out how to take advantage of the new rental car discount/upgrade perks? The website mentions something about a "promotional offer code," but it's nowhere to be found. I'll probably have to call in and ask about it.
Posted in the Visa Infinite thread, but applicable here as well I suppose.

Assuming the benefits are the same as those listed in the CNB Crystal Guide to Benefits, the main benefits are discounts with Avis (up to 30%), National (up to 25%), and Silvercar (up to 30%). It also mentions enrollment in Avis Preferred (isn't this free anyway?) and Emerald Club Executive status (will probably have to call to enroll, and the number given says it's for the Crystal Card Concierge, though I didn't try it). I assume the applicable contract IDs will be the same, since when I used the National code, the name associated with the contract ID was INFINITE.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
I called the number on the back and rep told me to call up car rental company to get promotional offer code.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:37 am

Geez, new lounges and still nothing in Denver. Oh well...

Also, does anybody know if the $300 incidentals credit is still there for existing card members? I used mine up for 2016 awhile ago, but I'd just like to know if I'll be getting more next year. Or do the new $100 off tickets and $100 GE reimbursement replace that?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:40 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DaVanillaGorilla
Geez, new lounges and still nothing in Denver. Oh well...

Also, does anybody know if the $300 incidentals credit is still there for existing card members? I used mine up for 2016 awhile ago, but I'd just like to know if I'll be getting more next year. Or do the new $100 off tickets and $100 GE reimbursement replace that?
Still get the $300 per calendar year
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:50 am

Did the terms suddenly change?

I no longer see the offer of 3 Ritz Carlton Club Upgrades/year.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
...no longer see the offer of 3 Ritz Carlton Club Upgrades/year.
There was a panic about a week ago. Scroll back to about post 60 and read forward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.