Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:45 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by runb4fun
I recently applied for VS card even though VI was available at the moment...and I've two questions:

1. Does AU get PP? Because my AU did not get PP.
2. How do I convert VS to VI? I asked for replacement card and it came out to be VS. I then send them a SM and was told to apply for VI separately lol

edit: Oh, btw my CC # does not work on $100 off site.
did you get pp or loungeclub?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jameswes
I've never stayed at a Ritz... but I keep it because I stay at Marriott for work, and the Gold status is nice.
same for me, a net $95/yr is a great deal for marriott gold. I stay enough for diamond at hyatt but im finding it difficult to meet 25 hyatt stays a year due to their small footprint so this is a great alternative!

add in the $100 flight discount (if that benefit is ever added to my account ) and its a no brainer. the $100 rc discount isnt of much value as amex fhr has it for most rc hotels, even for stays of 1 night, same for the club upgrades as the amex fhr benefits are better.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Econ1
same for me, a net $95/yr is a great deal for marriott gold. I stay enough for diamond at hyatt but im finding it difficult to meet 25 hyatt stays a year due to their small footprint so this is a great alternative!

add in the $100 flight discount (if that benefit is ever added to my account ) and its a no brainer. the $100 rc discount isnt of much value as amex fhr has it for most rc hotels, even for stays of 1 night, same for the club upgrades as the amex fhr benefits are better.
My card is still in the mailroom for me to pickup. I applied on $395 VISA signature application, hoping to get $395 AF forever.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I'm contemplating whether I should keep this with 395 AF or cancel and reapply once my 2 years is up.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:29 pm

I am new to this card but had my CL lowered to 1500. What happens year 2 and after?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
did anyone who applied for the ritz visa signature get upgraded to the infinite yet?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Any RC visa signature customers can call to get the infinite card if they desire, otherwise it won't be issued until the expiration date of the signature card.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Any RC visa signature customers can call to get the infinite card if they desire, otherwise it won't be issued until the expiration date of the signature card.
I'd like to hear if anyone is actually successful with this. I have been told on multiple calls to CS that if you have not been migrated to infinite then a request for a new card will only generate the sending of another signature card.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by Governator
I'd like to hear if anyone is actually successful with this. I have been told on multiple calls to CS that if you have not been migrated to infinite then a request for a new card will only generate the sending of another signature card.
My cards are operating as the Infinite even though the slabs of metal are 6 - 15 months old and say Signature on them.

All my AU's who had Lounge Club got mailed PP.

I can use the airfare discount.

Last edited by highops; Sep 2, 2016 at 8:10 am Reason: gramar, more details
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by happyvoid
did anyone who applied for the ritz visa signature get upgraded to the infinite yet?

seems those of us that applied just before (and after) the infinite version was introduced have not beem migrated. chase is handling this migration very poorly.

i was able to have the new offer of 3nights and 10k points for an au added to my account though
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Econ1
seems those of us that applied just before (and after) the infinite version was introduced have not beem migrated. chase is handling this migration very poorly.
They probably just start from the oldest to the newest. Mine was migrated and I got the card about 16 months ago. I did have the 140,000 points offer from last year.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:04 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I was an original Visa Siggy customer and now have an Infinite card in my hand. I requested new cards for a separate reason and they are now infinite.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Need
They probably just start from the oldest to the newest. Mine was migrated and I got the card about 16 months ago. I did have the 140,000 points offer from last year.
That would make sense, my issue is the misinformation from the cs agents. They each give a different date by when cards will be converted, it shouldn't be hard for Chase to inform the cs agents when/how cards are being converted.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by United747
I was an original Visa Siggy customer and now have an Infinite card in my hand. I requested new cards for a separate reason and they are now infinite.

Do you like the redesigned ritz card better than the one with old ritz logo (larger lion). I'm referring to the look of the card. Thx
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:31 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by globaltrotter
Do you like the redesigned ritz card better than the one with old ritz logo (larger lion). I'm referring to the look of the card. Thx
I actually requested the plastic version. I hate the metal card. I'll post a picture later in case anyone is curious to see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.