Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: JL JGC Sapphire, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I've read reports stating that people were able to use the 3 FN at Edition NYC.

Does anyone know if it can be used at Edition Miami as well? I managed to secure to 3-nights booking but I'm worried that I might face problems during check in
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by terry1993
I've read reports stating that people were able to use the 3 FN at Edition NYC.

Does anyone know if it can be used at Edition Miami as well? I managed to secure to 3-nights booking but I'm worried that I might face problems during check in
Where did you read these reports?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Nowhere, pretty sure these can't be used at editions.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: JL JGC Sapphire, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Post #106 of this thread
Also, post #8 of the following thread states the same.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...rd-nights.html
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Nowhere, pretty sure these can't be used at editions.
But I managed to attach the certs when making the reservation online and as of now, the reservation shows confirmed
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:00 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I got the card about 1.5 years ago (2 free night bonus) and used one at the Edition NYC just fine. Did the TOC change to not allow them?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Travel credit - which gift cards can I use?

I am looking to max out the travel credit and understand that this card is more difficult than others to get the credit as you can't buy flights and certain gift cards.

Is there a list of actual gift cards and airline ticket charges that we can utilize for the RC travel credit?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by navatwal
Was that before or after approval for card?
After approval but before putting any substantial spend on it.

Originally Posted by jkuchta
Do you mind sharing what you wrote via SM?
Something like "Someone told me they got 3 free nights as the sign up bonus - is there anyway I can get that?"

Originally Posted by dmarcus163
Do you get the 3FN as a retention bonus?
No, it's a new application (although I did receive the 140k bonus a bit over two years ago).
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:42 am

I have had the RCR Card for a year now & I received two free night certs that show up in my Marriot account as "RCR CARD 1 FREE NIGHT (TIER 1-4)"

I plan to use these nights in Octorber, but would like to cancel the card prior to paying the annual fee. If I cancel the card prior to my stay, will the certs no longer be valid?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by ngranuz1
I have had the RCR Card for a year now & I received two free night certs that show up in my Marriot account as "RCR CARD 1 FREE NIGHT (TIER 1-4)"

I plan to use these nights in Octorber, but would like to cancel the card prior to paying the annual fee. If I cancel the card prior to my stay, will the certs no longer be valid?
Are these additional free nights or your original nights from the sign up bonus?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by sig05
Are these additional free nights or your original nights from the sign up bonus?
They are the original free nights from my sign up bonus. The free nights expire in November but my annual fee comes up in August.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:11 am

$200 AA physical gift reimbursed 04/06 via SM. Claimed for overweight baggage fees on transpacific flight. Also had gogo wifi reimbursed one week prior so that may have helped my case.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by anderb30
$200 AA physical gift reimbursed 04/06 via SM. Claimed for overweight baggage fees on transpacific flight. Also had gogo wifi reimbursed one week prior so that may have helped my case.
So you admit and post you lied to Chase...well of course it got reimbursed, you were unethical and lied about what you purchased.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium & LT Gold
Originally Posted by navyitaly
So you admit and post you lied to Chase...well of course it got reimbursed, you were unethical and lied about what you purchased.
A lot of people have done that, not just with the Ritz card, but with the AMEX credit as well... Sorry to burst your bubble
Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by navyitaly
It's only lying if you're under oath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.