Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
Does anyone know if you can attach the RC FN certs to multiple reservations?

For example, if I have more than one RC reservation in the future (one reservation in May, another in July, and at different property) but not sure which reservation I want to apply the RC FN certs yet, can you just attach the FN certs to both reservations first, then decide later?

I am not sure if FN cert is immediately 'deducted' from your online account profile upon booking, or is it only officially 'deducted' when you check in at hotel

Thanks
Nope, the cert is used when the reservation is made, and returned immediately to the acct if cancelled.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Any update on which airline gift cards are still easily reimbursed?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Nope, the cert is used when the reservation is made, and returned immediately to the acct if cancelled.
Thanks - but if you cancel, then the FN certs will go back automatically to account, right?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
Thanks - but if you cancel, then the FN certs will go back automatically to account, right?
They take 24-hrs to be regenerated but yes, they post back into your account
Old May 5, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Had my CL lowered to $1500 last year, redeemed 2x $300 travel credits and the annual fee has not been charged to me yet this year.
Annual fee charged to me this year after 2x waived annual fees due to the 1,500 CL (1 fee waived immediately after I opened the card and lowered the CL, and 1 fee waived last year). Looks like they fixed the issue in their system
Old May 5, 2017, 3:44 pm

Is there a list of charges that will be redeemable using the $300 travel credit ?

Do you have to call to get the credit ?

Last edited by mia; May 6, 2017 at 5:31 am Reason: Remove note to moderators
Old May 5, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Is there a list of charges that will be redeemable using the $300 travel credit ?

Do you have to call to get the credit ?

Mods, sorry about the cross post from the Sapphire thread, I had trouble finding this thread.

Feel free to edit, thanks
You can call or use Messaging through your chase account.

Sapphire is auto credit and that's travel credit not Airline Fees Credit.
Old May 5, 2017, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
You can call or use Messaging through your chase account.

Sapphire is auto credit and that's travel credit not Airline Fees Credit.
Thanks , we only fly domestic and pay for all of our flights with miles so I was trying to figure out if I could get any use of the $300 TC.

It seems DL will let upgrade for $30 but only in the cabin ( main) that I purchased with miles, not sure if AA allows and upgrade with $$ to first.

Any thoughts on how I could get use of the $300 ?

Last edited by flyer4512; May 5, 2017 at 5:56 pm
Old May 6, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks , we only fly domestic and pay for all of our flights with miles so I was trying to figure out if I could get any use of the $300 TC.

It seems DL will let upgrade for $30 but only in the cabin ( main) that I purchased with miles, not sure if AA allows and upgrade with $$ to first.

Any thoughts on how I could get use of the $300 ?
The small taxes charges that you co pay with miles. Buy gift cards? Buy admirals club or delta club? Buy 500 mile upgrades on AA?
Old May 6, 2017, 9:02 pm

There are multiple reports of chase cards with grandfathered AFs being notified that their AFs are going up to the current rates. United Club being one product ($395 --> $450)

Has anyone with the old $395 Ritz card been notified recently that their fee is going up?

Thanks
Old May 7, 2017, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
The small taxes charges that you co pay with miles. Buy gift cards? Buy admirals club or delta club? Buy 500 mile upgrades on AA?
Do gift cards ( Delta, WN, etc) work on the Rizt travel credit ? I read where AA GC's are now posting as gift cards and can't be reimbursed, thanks

How do 500 mile upgrades work on AA, how many would be required to turn a 20K Anytime one way in coach into a First Class ticket or is this even possible ?

Thanks
Old May 7, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
There are multiple reports of chase cards with grandfathered AFs being notified that their AFs are going up to the current rates. United Club being one product ($395 --> $450)

Has anyone with the old $395 Ritz card been notified recently that their fee is going up?

Thanks
My annual fee is still 395, I haven't been notified. My annual fee is always due in December.
Old May 8, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Do gift cards ( Delta, WN, etc) work on the Rizt travel credit ? I read where AA GC's are now posting as gift cards and can't be reimbursed, thanks

How do 500 mile upgrades work on AA, how many would be required to turn a 20K Anytime one way in coach into a First Class ticket or is this even possible ?

Thanks
I think the answers to your questions are no, no, and no. I am an AA Plat and can't seem to redeem my 500-milers in the course of normal travel. Consequently, getting reimbursed for this Ritz credit is a PITA
Old May 8, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
I agree that AA upgrade stickers are not a great investment.

I also agree that it is a nuisance having to call in to get the credit.

This said, I find that over the course of a few months, lots of little airline charges pile up. They are always under $200; they are usually not round figures. Many of them are for seat upgrades and those annoying baggage fees.

YMMV.
Old May 8, 2017, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
I agree that AA upgrade stickers are not a great investment.

I also agree that it is a nuisance having to call in to get the credit.

This said, I find that over the course of a few months, lots of little airline charges pile up. They are always under $200; they are usually not round figures. Many of them are for seat upgrades and those annoying baggage fees.

YMMV.
Would early bird boarding for Southwest count ?

If so that is $82.40 ( $60 EBCI and 22.40 in award ticket taxes for 2 tickets ) and we have 3-4 of those charges per year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.