Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 4:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iusb
I didn't spend 10k to keep my gold for the second year, does anyone know if I spend 10k this year, when will I receive gold again? Will it be after I finish spending of have to wait for beginning of the third year? thanks,
Why not just get an AMEX Plat? Automatically gives you SPG gold which will then be automatically matched by Marriott.
Old May 17, 2017, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Xearoii
When booking via Visa Discount Air website I don't see an option for lap infant. I choose 2 people. Plug in my wife and I, but can't choose we are traveling with our daughter. Any way around this?
Yes, after you purchased adult tix, call the airline directly and have them add the infant to the ticket.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: IHG, HPG, CC, HH, SW, US-AA, KLM
Originally Posted by GeniculateGanglion
Assuming you just simply bought them via the SW website?
Just to piggy back on this, but we can't SM anymore? Have to call?
Old May 19, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Chase.com still has an SM feature, but I haven't had as much luck using it for travel credits. They always write back wanting more details (regardless how much I provide in the initial SM).

Contrast with the JPM Ritz phone agents, who always pick up on the first ring and sail thru the credit process with enthusiasm.
Old May 19, 2017, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Richard Berg
Chase.com still has an SM feature, but I haven't had as much luck using it for travel credits. They always write back wanting more details (regardless how much I provide in the initial SM).

Contrast with the JPM Ritz phone agents, who always pick up on the first ring and sail thru the credit process with enthusiasm.
Lset time hey asked for more details online but I ignored their request thinking I'd eventually just call it in but they ended up crediting anyway. Dispute me not replying
Old May 19, 2017, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by airkenny
Anyone have experience claiming travel credit for Delta Mileage boosters?
anyone?
Old May 19, 2017, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Richard Berg

Opposite from my experience with Chase SM. I just tell them seat upgrades or baggage and they give me the credit. I used it on lower cost short haul European and Asian flights.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:15 pm

anyone?
I've used it to buy-up status a while back. $800+, of which they reimb $300
Old May 20, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
anyone?
Yes - works like a charm.
Old May 20, 2017, 7:48 pm

Do folks use the ritz card for spend?

Every so often I think about retiring my other high end cards and just going w Ritz to see about hitting $75k Plat and thus silver united but the opportunity cost of the points lost always gets to me.

I have:
CSR (travel and dining)
United Club (bulk of my annual spend; helps with hitting the $25k PQM waiver w united)
Cit Prestige (net $100 cost. I use it for all flight bookings due to its excellent insurance coverage terms
Amex Plat. No spend at all. So far keeping for the benefits l, including SPG gold; this allows
Me to skip spending $10k on Ritz and put that toward club card

Honorable mentions:
Freedom 5x
Amex EDP for non Costco groceries
Citi att more. Just converted Citi pref to this card. It's going to be my main online card

Thanks for people's inputs. I like the ritz card for the JPM concierge and eventually if Amex plat loses the Marriott -SPG gold backdoor I do like having the ability to spend to gold status.

Mainly curious to hear from folks who do put volume on their ritz card and the justification, if you do have options to use other cards.

Thanks
Old May 20, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Had been putting $10,000 a year, usually a fair fraction from plane tickets, to get Marriott Gold status.

But probably won't this year, since:
  • With the Marriott/Starwood merger, the Amex Platinum card now gets Marriott Gold (via Starwood via Amex)
  • better places for airline ticket spend, such as, aggressively, Amex Plat 5x points coupled with (for a while yet) 2x on them via Amex Business Plat parley, raises the opportunity cost for charging air tickets to the RC Visa

Also, while Hyatt Globalist (ex-Diamond) is a huge leap over the other categories, is Marriott Platinum that much better than Gold? $65,000 in spend better?

All this said, I'm still a big fan of the card. We've gotten some good value off the $100 discount on companion tickets. Still grandfathered in at $395/year, and my wife has a way with them on the phone that has made easing the $300 back for <cough>seat upgrades</cough> no big deal. And the one time we actually stayed a bit in an RC, the lounge access was like hitting the jackpot on a slot machine.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Do folks use the ritz card for spend?

Every so often I think about retiring my other high end cards and just going w Ritz to see about hitting $75k Plat and thus silver united but the opportunity cost of the points lost always gets to me.

I have:
CSR (travel and dining)
United Club (bulk of my annual spend; helps with hitting the $25k PQM waiver w united)
Cit Prestige (net $100 cost. I use it for all flight bookings due to its excellent insurance coverage terms
Amex Plat. No spend at all. So far keeping for the benefits l, including SPG gold; this allows
Me to skip spending $10k on Ritz and put that toward club card

Honorable mentions:
Freedom 5x
Amex EDP for non Costco groceries
Citi att more. Just converted Citi pref to this card. It's going to be my main online card

Thanks for people's inputs. I like the ritz card for the JPM concierge and eventually if Amex plat loses the Marriott -SPG gold backdoor I do like having the ability to spend to gold status.

Mainly curious to hear from folks who do put volume on their ritz card and the justification, if you do have options to use other cards.

Thanks
I did it for novelty in 2015-2016. Believe it, or not United Silver and Delta sub-silver have scored me some upgrades. As has hotel platinum- especially at Starwood. Because of timing I'll have had the statuses for 20 months.

Was it worth the $1500 difference in URP I probably did not earn versus Marriott points I did earn? Maybe.

Was it worth not getting promo bonuses on other cards? No. But, I usually only do 3, or 4 of those a year. (And Mrs. HighOPS wasn't 5/24 so we picked up 180,000 URP through her sign up bonuses.)

So, it was kind of fun playing the upgrade lotteries for a year. But, now that I had in-branch approval for the CSP to complete my Sapphire/Ink 5x/Freedom/Freedom Unlimited quadfecta I'll probably return to earning points over earning status.

In short, I don't regret it, but probably won't do it again.

Also, since you mention it, I had Club for a few years. 1.5x United is great if you just want a simple system. If DTW had better options on United I'd probably just use that card.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by shipitkthx
I called in a $40.00 Early Bird Boarding (Actually a "A1-A15 Boarding", fiancee and I had changed flights last minute and were stuck in C34-35) yesterday, told them exactly what it was and it was credited within an hour.
I sent a secure message asking for $15 EBCI reimbursement, and received a boiler-plate reply with the T&C listing what could be reimbursed - EBCI was not on the list, so it was denied.

My husband is the primary cardholder, so I just need to decide if $15 is worth the hassle for him to call in and ask.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by MTY
Xearoii, thanks for the quick update and congrats on the match! If you don't mind sharing, what was the exact phrasing of your request?
"Can you please match the 3 free night offer for $5k spend?"
Old May 24, 2017, 8:00 am

When booking via Visa Discount Air website I don't see an option for lap infant. I choose 2 people. Plug in my wife and I, but can't choose we are traveling with our daughter. Any way around this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.