Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist -> AA Executive Platinum, BAEC Gold, Spirit Lifetime Somebody
I applied and was approved for the Freedom ($3k limit) and CSP (over $20k limit) within the last 4 months. Tried to apply for the 30,000-UR Ink Cash offer and wasn't instantly approved. I was told by the recon rep "too many recent inquiries or accounts". I have 4 total cards across all issuers opened in the last 2 years, and only 7 inquiries on the bureau Chase pulled, so I thought I should be fine. The rep refused to approve it, saying they need to wait and see how I handle my existing cards before they can approve me for this one.

What's a good reason to change their mind in this case? I didn't think to ask if they could lower my CSP credit line in order to get this approved. Should I try to call recon again later, or admit defeat? This seems like something I could get approved if I say the right thing.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hypertext
I applied and was approved for the Freedom ($3k limit) and CSP (over $20k limit) within the last 4 months. Tried to apply for the 30,000-UR Ink Cash offer and wasn't instantly approved. I was told by the recon rep "too many recent inquiries or accounts". I have 4 total cards across all issuers opened in the last 2 years, and only 7 inquiries on the bureau Chase pulled, so I thought I should be fine. The rep refused to approve it, saying they need to wait and see how I handle my existing cards before they can approve me for this one.

What's a good reason to change their mind in this case? I didn't think to ask if they could lower my CSP credit line in order to get this approved. Should I try to call recon again later, or admit defeat? This seems like something I could get approved if I say the right thing.
I would. I'd tell them I wanted the 3 cards for their advertised benefits; Freedom for quarterly bonus/cash back, Sapphire for travel, travel protection and restaurants and Ink for business expenses. It's no different than wanting a Hyatt, Marriott, BA and UA card for those advertised benefits. Ask them to split the Sapphire limit between it and the Ink.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by JudyS
So, has anyone been brave enough to apply for the Chase Ink Plus 60,000 UR offer, even though they have a currently-open Chase Ink Bold?
Not quite the same scenario but we do have the Bold and I had hubby apply for Ink Cash last night. He is also the primary on the Bold even though that business is mine. Chase wanted it that way. Doesn't make sense because on other applications I'll get instant approval while his application needs review. For the Ink Cash we used his business for the name, category, subcategory, etc.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 2:16 pm

Ink Plus 70K in branch?

Can you still get the ink plus for 70K inside a branch?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:19 pm

Was he approved?

thanks
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by adlibitum
Was he approved?

thanks
not immediately. We need to call recon line. Probably need to move credit from one card to another.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, lots of points, & timeshares I got for free. To talk travel deals, PM me!
Originally Posted by liushu
I received a letter today asking for 2 recent pay stubs or W2. Will I have prob without faxing the docs? I said more than I make. Will other accts of mine get shut down because of it?
I would just ignore the request rather than sending the pay stubs in. I'll bet a lot of people just forget to send their pay stubs in, even if they make what they said they make.

If you don't send in the pay stubs, you will probably be denied for your recent application. But, I think sending the pay stubs (that show you make less than you said) will make it more likely that your other cards will be canceled.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:54 pm

Ah forget it

Last edited by Joshy119; Oct 20, 2015 at 3:46 pm Reason: Cheers
Old Oct 19, 2015, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by adlibitum
Was he approved?

thanks
Originally Posted by gardengirl
not immediately. We need to call recon line. Probably need to move credit from one card to another.
Called recon line today. Not approved. Asked to be connected to supervisor. With our history at Chase this is maddening, specifically because the phone reps can see all our history and commented on how good it was. There's no reason they should suspect non-payment of any statement. What's the big deal how much personal income he gets off one business when they can obviously see the "big picture"?

Here's the reason they gave: He is a published writer and that is the business he used for the card app. Besides published articles he has 4 books with 2 in the works. 2 of the books have been given Notable Author awards. For personal reasons some of the author proceeds has been specified as charitable donations. Hence, not significant personal income from the business. If he had used another of his businesses with it's annual income it probably would have gone through, at least with the recon line.

This card is intended as a convenient way to keep track of all business expenses; books, trip expenses for all businesses and expenses for a Board position. Nothing major, that's why we wanted the card with no annual fee. We were using the book business for the app because it has a name and website.

He had to reapply using his other self-employed business. Couldn't reapply with phone supervisor. She suggested doing this online or going to a branch. We called our banker but got voicemail and it was 3 minutes to closing. Today is the last day for 30K offer but he was able to pull up the application page for it. He got same message as the first application. He had enough phone fun for the day and said he'll call recon line tomorrow.

Another annoying fact is we've had the Ink Bold for my business for years. Same story. Not much personal income. I'm a garden designer and most of my garden time is donated. So Chase needed DH to be primary on the account. But I also do business renting our vacation properties. So the Bold has the name of garden business on it but can be convenient for tracking rental business. And the phone and internet we use for all businesses can be put on the cards.

Petty, Chase. Petty.

Last edited by gardengirl; Oct 19, 2015 at 6:30 pm
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:32 pm

I got approved and received my Chase Ink Plus today. Chase pulled Experian.

Chase customer since March 2015 and with 7 other cards opened in the past 2 years (4 of the 7 were Chase cards). By all the reports, I shouldn't have gotten approved.

*shrug*
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
With a lot of these recent business card rejections, I can only guess that the combination of gross business income and personal income is coming into play.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I converted from Chase Ink Plus to Chase Ink Cash.

I'm hearing that any points I earn on Ink Cash, which has the same number as the Ink Plus card I had, won't be transferrable to an airline FF program?

I just got the card so I haven't had a statement yet to accrue new points to the UR account under which I earned points from the Ink Plus.

Presumably the new points will combine so I don't see how they would segregate points I can transfer and points I wouldn't be able to transfer?

The other thing is I've made 4 charges, all on Comcast and AT&T wireless. I did get 5 points from transactions with these vendors.

But in the account activity, the Comcast charge is listed as Misc. and the AT&T charges are listed as Utilities.

Am I going to have problems getting the 5X points for these categories?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
I converted from Chase Ink Plus to Chase Ink Cash.

I'm hearing that any points I earn on Ink Cash, which has the same number as the Ink Plus card I had, won't be transferrable to an airline FF program?

I just got the card so I haven't had a statement yet to accrue new points to the UR account under which I earned points from the Ink Plus.

Presumably the new points will combine so I don't see how they would segregate points I can transfer and points I wouldn't be able to transfer?
You need to have one of the Chase premium cards (Ink Plus or Sapphire Preferred) to transfer your UR points to other hotel/airline programs. You can't transfer them if you only have an Ink Cash, Sapphire, or Freedom card.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
OK thanks.

Pretty sneaky, why call them all UR points if they don't have the same features?

Guess they really want those annual fees.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
OK thanks.

Pretty sneaky, why call them all UR points if they don't have the same features?

Guess they really want those annual fees.
Not necessarily - Citi's TYP are not all transferrable, you need to have the high end cards to do so.

Freedom earns UR pts as well but everyone knows, or may be you dont, that Freedom does not have ability to transfer the UR pts - you would need either the CSP or the Ink Plus/Bold.

If both the no fee card and the fee-based card have the same capabilities and benefits, where is the justification of the fee?! That is why AMEX's Everyday enjoys full Membership Reward benefits is such a surprise to everyone. Though so far the push of Everyday to take over Freedom / Discover does not seem happening.

It boils down to the USER of the card to read the Terms and Conditions plus the benefits before deciding what s/he would like to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.