Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
The credit limits given on CIPs are substantially lower than on personal cards, IME. $8K is pretty much ballpark.
My brother was given a 30k limit a few weeks ago and his score was around 750.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trikotret
That's a small credit line for his credit score and income
I disagree. I've gotten between $5k and $6k CL on my 3 business card Chase applications to date, while I've gotten $15k and $11k CL for my two personal card Chase applications during the same time period.

Keep in mind that to keep your credit score high, you have to use no more than 30% of your personal card credit limit. But since Chase business cards don't report to EQ/EX/TU, you can walk right up to 99.9% of the business card credit limit with no problem. So if viewing it that way, you could say that a Chase business card credit limit of $8k is worth about the same as a Chase personal credit limit of $25k or so.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:09 am

Unlike personal cards, the age of your business and the business's revenue are also factors in determining business card CLs. One should expect them to be different than your personal CLs.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:05 pm

I don't see an ability to refer CIC - but I found a link that for CIU - will this work for me to get the bonus? I don't care which card P2 gets, I just want the referral
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:16 pm

Or should I PC to a Ink unlimited (just did CIP to CIC a few months ago, ok to do another?) so I can get the referral bonus of 15k points?

edit - I just saw something saying can only refer to CIU - but can do so from CIC or CIU? I can generate a link - so that means will work?

Last edited by geoff325; Mar 8, 2020 at 7:53 pm
Old Mar 12, 2020, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by mia
Chase business card applications have two fields:

Legal Name of Business
Business Name on Card

Do we know if Chase seeks to verify the second field, or could one apply using FIRSTNAME LASTNAME in the first field and a made up name in the second field?
second field you can put anything from my experience.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:46 am

Update I was able to get 15k bonus for referring from CIC to CIU from the CIU referral page. P2
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:50 pm

Confusion over Ink Business Preferred Office and Shipping posting

Hi, All. I have the Ink Business Preferred and received a year end summary with 3x points on "Office and Shipping". These were on GiftCardMall VGC purchases. I only noticed the bonus then, as when I look at the statements where the charges occurred, I was only credited 1 point per dollar spent on these GiftCardMall purchases. Are they not paid out until the anniversary? Thanks so much.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 4:46 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If the transaction were eligible for a bonus it was awarded when the statement was issued. Office and Shipping is not a bonus category. Shipping is a bonus category, but GiftCardMall probably does not code as shipping. I think the report just happens to group expenses using a name that overlaps with a bonus category. You can see the points actually awarded on chase.com

You'll earn 1 point per $1 on every purchase -- plus an additional 2 points (3 points total) per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases at any of these categories each account anniversary year: travel, shipping purchases, advertising purchases made with search engines and social media sites and on cellular internet, cable and phone services. 300,000 points annual maximum. See Rewards Program Agreement below for more information.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mia
If the transaction were eligible for a bonus it was awarded when the statement was issued. Office and Shipping is not a bonus category. Shipping is a bonus category, but GiftCardMall probably does not code as shipping. I think the report just happens to group expenses using a name that overlaps with a bonus category. You can see the points actually awarded on chase.com
For quite a while, in the past, GCM did code as "Office and Shipping" and provided 3x bonus points on purchases. Sometime in the autumn of last year, Chase remedied the glitch.
mia and michy9 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:25 am

Alright, figured it out. I went through all my statements and earned just 1x on Gift Card Mall. However, this year end summary Chase sent says I made 3x on shipping, which were my mostly my Gift Card Mall purchases. I did not receive 3x to my Ultimate Rewards, nor did they show as 3x on my CC statements. It was this erroneous summary that threw me off. Thanks for all your help.

Take a look at your 2019 bonus category spending summary:
3X points bonus categories
1/1/19–12/31/19
Travel $408.73
Shipping purchases $3,476.52 !!!!!
Internet, cable and phone services $669.94
Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines $0.00
Spending Total $4,555.19
You turned $4,555.19 in business expenses into 13,666 points !!!!! Not true
mia likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 5:21 pm

I was just approved for my 2nd CIP. I have not yet received the card. I referred myself from my 1st CIP. It said I'll get a 20,000 point referral bonus, and the SUB is 80,000 points for $5K spend rather than the 100,000 points for $15K spend the CIP now has.

My question is about the 20K point referral bonus. When will that be credited? I have not seen anything at all about it since applying.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by g289t
I was just approved for my 2nd CIP. I have not yet received the card. I referred myself from my 1st CIP. It said I'll get a 20,000 point referral bonus, and the SUB is 80,000 points for $5K spend rather than the 100,000 points for $15K spend the CIP now has.

My question is about the 20K point referral bonus. When will that be credited? I have not seen anything at all about it since applying.
It probably won't be credited. Chase has recently cracked down on self-referrals.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 1:56 pm

So you can’t dispute charges on business account manually like you can do in personal account? The dispute option is not there for a charge back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.