Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Guys,

Currently I have 4 Chase personal CC: Amazon since 11/2010, Sapphire Preferred since 9/2011, CO/United since 03/2012 and Southwest Premier since 5/2012. I really, really want two business cards from them: Southwest Business so I can hit the companion pass, and Ink (Classic or Bold) for 5X points at the office supplies stores. Can I apply for both at the same time or space them out like 3 months apart?

Thanks
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:32 am

you can try for both, but apply for the one you really want first. however, they will more than likely not approve a new card without reducing credit lines from your 4 existing.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dchoe
you can try for both, but apply for the one you really want first. however, they will more than likely not approve a new card without reducing credit lines from your 4 existing.
Thanks
Old Jan 1, 2013, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Chase Ink Plus Business Card Questions

I'm considering getting the Chase Ink Plus Business Card for the 50K sign up bonus and just had a couple of questions on it.

1. It states it's a Business Card, so it should not appear on my credit report (other than the inquiry). Have you found this to be the case with this card for those of you who have it?

2. The fine print states you get Lounge Club Access. Do they just mail you a Lounge Club card within a few weeks of receiving the credit card?

3. What are you overall thoughts on the card? I plan on getting the Bonus Sign up and cancelling the card in about 6 months.

Thanks for your input!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Don't have the card myself, but to answer your questions:

1. Business cards will only show the inquiry on your report if you entered your SS#.

2. For the Lounge Club access it's only free for the first two visits. After that, it's $27 per visit.

3. If I had one of the Ink cards (soon), I would personally use it for my utility bills only which gets 5x points. You also get 5x points for purchases made at office supply stores.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by cslovacek
I'm considering getting the Chase Ink Plus Business Card for the 50K sign up bonus and just had a couple of questions on it.

1. It states it's a Business Card, so it should not appear on my credit report (other than the inquiry). Have you found this to be the case with this card for those of you who have it?

2. The fine print states you get Lounge Club Access. Do they just mail you a Lounge Club card within a few weeks of receiving the credit card?

3. What are you overall thoughts on the card? I plan on getting the Bonus Sign up and cancelling the card in about 6 months.

Thanks for your input!
lounge club access is pretty much worthless, it's very limited and you get two passes with it. its not unlimited.

the ink is a great card, probably the best out there. i wouldn't cancel it after six months...
Old Jan 1, 2013, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Thank you for the replies everyone.

I will cancel it because I use my United MileagePlus Club card for all purchases. I will just use this card to pay my home taxes, which exceed $5,000.

Thanks again!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by gk17
Don't have the card myself, but to answer your questions:

1. Business cards will only show the inquiry on your report if you entered your SS#.

2. For the Lounge Club access it's only free for the first two visits. After that, it's $27 per visit.

3. If I had one of the Ink cards (soon), I would personally use it for my utility bills only which gets 5x points. You also get 5x points for purchases made at office supply stores.
5x on utilities? do you mean using BB?
Utilities in my area will not accept CC payment and I did not think this is one of the 5x category.

However, cell service and internet are 5x (maybe that's what you mean).
Old Jan 1, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton, Starwood, AAdvantage, MileagePlus
It's 5% on cable, phone, cell, and Internet. I use mine to pay my AT&T U-verse and cell bills, then reimburse the company.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by gk17
I don't think the above is true -- I think whether business cards show up on your personal report depends entirely on the bank, and has nothing to do with entering SSN or EIN on the application. Chase, as far as I know, never reports business cards on personal reports. Other banks may differ (the one I've heard specific reports of is Barclays).

MTA: Actually, I think we may be answering separate questions. The INQUIRY has to be tied to your SSN to show up, but whether the actual credit line will appear on your report just depends on bank policy (to my knowledge). I think the OP was asking about the latter rather than the former.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
I don't think the above is true -- I think whether business cards show up on your personal report depends entirely on the bank, and has nothing to do with entering SSN or EIN on the application. Chase, as far as I know, never reports business cards on personal reports. Other banks may differ (the one I've heard specific reports of is Barclays).

MTA: Actually, I think we may be answering separate questions. The INQUIRY has to be tied to your SSN to show up, but whether the actual credit line will appear on your report just depends on bank policy (to my knowledge). I think the OP was asking about the latter rather than the former.

Chase Ink Bold and Plus, Citi AAdvantage Visa and MC, and Amex rewards gold and plat business cards don't show up on your personal report. I know this as I have all of them.

Apparently Capital One does show up on your personal, but that's all I know.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:24 am

I thought I remembered reading that the 5X on office supplies from Staples does NOT include computers/tablets, right?

Also, does the 5% stack on the X% from the ultimate rewards mall?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by sonofagunk
I thought I remembered reading that the 5X on office supplies from Staples does NOT include computers/tablets, right?

Also, does the 5% stack on the X% from the ultimate rewards mall?

#1: Experience here is that you will get 5x points on whatever you purchase at Office Supply stores, whether it's paper, computers, or gift cards.

#2: Yes
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:46 pm

Chase Ink: Do You Have to have an active Business? More than one business? etc

I already have a Chase Ink Bold and Chase Ink Plus for one business. I'm also an officer of a non-profit, and want to get an Ink Chase for that organization. The non-profit has a Federal Tax ID number.

I'm curious about those of you with experience in getting concurrent Chase cards for two distinct businesses.

Any tips or experience to share? Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Yes, you can. Use separate TINs for each account and you can get the bonus again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.