Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

    Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 6, 19, 6:36 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: BuBu4
Wiki Link
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.


There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
See https://www.chasebenefits.com/ink10311.
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
See the separate discussions in
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Chase Ink Business Card Questions

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards

Chase Ink Plus is now available
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jul 6, 15, 2:05 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: HNL
Posts: 15
Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

I did an AOR on 6/26/2015 and the two cards I first applied for were the Chase Ink and Sapphire because of all the new rules/denials. The other cards afterward were the Citi Premier, AMEX SPG Biz & EveryDay, and BOA Alaska. So I was approved for the Sapphire immediately, but received 'awaiting desicion' on the Ink. Also got the e-mail that I should expect a letter within the next 30 days.

I decided to follow-up on my Ink app, each of the Chase reps say they could not find it with my SSN, just the approved Sapphire. I wish I had done screen shots while filling out the app because I KNOW I entered my correct info--triple-checking it even...

I guess I could try calling customer service again and I'm hoping the decision letter comes soon. Let's say the application did not go through, my concern is now that I've applied for a bunch of other cards I will probably not get approved for the Ink.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this, credit card application disappearing, could not be found by Chase rep? What should I do?
robeast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 15, 3:14 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SMF
Posts: 1,240
Originally Posted by robeast View Post
I did an AOR on 6/26/2015 and the two cards I first applied for were the Chase Ink and Sapphire because of all the new rules/denials. The other cards afterward were the Citi Premier, AMEX SPG Biz & EveryDay, and BOA Alaska. So I was approved for the Sapphire immediately, but received 'awaiting desicion' on the Ink. Also got the e-mail that I should expect a letter within the next 30 days.

I decided to follow-up on my Ink app, each of the Chase reps say they could not find it with my SSN, just the approved Sapphire. I wish I had done screen shots while filling out the app because I KNOW I entered my correct info--triple-checking it even...

I guess I could try calling customer service again and I'm hoping the decision letter comes soon. Let's say the application did not go through, my concern is now that I've applied for a bunch of other cards I will probably not get approved for the Ink.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this, credit card application disappearing, could not be found by Chase rep? What should I do?
Me thinks you're out of luck, my friend, unless you applied for the Ink using an EIN. If you used your SSN then you'll almost certainly be denied if other reports are correct. For this reason if you get a pending response you should call that same day to try and get it approved. However, because sometimes it takes a month for other credit lines to show up on your credit report you might try applying as soon as possible and calling in if not approved immediately. You still have a shot, but time is of the essence.
Big4Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 15, 4:40 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: HNL
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer View Post
Me thinks you're out of luck, my friend, unless you applied for the Ink using an EIN. If you used your SSN then you'll almost certainly be denied if other reports are correct. For this reason if you get a pending response you should call that same day to try and get it approved. However, because sometimes it takes a month for other credit lines to show up on your credit report you might try applying as soon as possible and calling in if not approved immediately. You still have a shot, but time is of the essence.
Yeah, I called right after I received that application message and customer service found nothing -- saying that it may still be in process. I probably should have submitted another application for the Ink later that day...

I just called Chase a few mins ago and still nothing on my Ink application. She suggested I re-apply. Um, I don't think so.

For now I'm going to be on the look out for that Chase letter in the mail with a reference number so I can find out what happened.
robeast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 15, 6:51 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 723
I have and routinely use an Ink Bold that has been opened for over 4 years. Recently started a second business and would like to get another bold. Am I eligible for another bonus if I already have an open bold? Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find it. TIA
g8trgr8t is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 15, 2:47 am
  #5  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,460
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t View Post
I have and routinely use an Ink Bold that has been opened for over 4 years. Recently started a second business and would like to get another bold. Am I eligible for another bonus if I already have an open bold? Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find it. TIA
Where do you plan on getting another Ink Bold? Is there another CC company that is offering that same product?
TMM1982 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 15, 3:06 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: MS
Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by robeast View Post
I did an AOR on 6/26/2015 and the two cards I first applied for were the Chase Ink and Sapphire because of all the new rules/denials.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this, credit card application disappearing, could not be found by Chase rep? What should I do?

You may want to give it a shot and apply again. Since all your other applications a couple weeks ago were with different banks than Chase, they may not have had time to show up on your credit report, therefore Chase could not see them. Might want to take a look at your report through CreditKarma and see if they are there. Even if you get shot down and they say no, you're in no worse shape than you are right now. Good Luck!!!
shaw1974 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 15, 11:08 am
  #7  
Moderator: Travel Buzz, Chase Credit Cards
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 2,687
Originally Posted by TMM1982 View Post
Where do you plan on getting another Ink Bold? Is there another CC company that is offering that same product?
The Bold is no longer available to new customers. But, both your businesses are eligible for a Plus or Classic version of the INK. Other factors may contribute to whether or not you are approved for the new cards, though.
StartinSanDiego is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 15, 12:03 pm
  #8  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,460
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego View Post
The Bold is no longer available to new customers. But, both your businesses are eligible for a Plus or Classic version of the INK. Other factors may contribute to whether or not you are approved for the new cards, though.
You didn't pick up on my sarcasm
TMM1982 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 15, 3:09 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 723
Originally Posted by TMM1982 View Post
Where do you plan on getting another Ink Bold? Is there another CC company that is offering that same product?
ok. substitute plus for bold. same question. not carrying the existing card with me but it was issued 2011. If I have an existing ink plus with business A can I get a bonus for another ink plus for business B with applications being appx 4 years apart or do I need to close the first one?
g8trgr8t is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 15, 4:17 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 200
Question Reasons to keep Ink Bold (if you have an Ink Plus)?

The annual is coming up. Is there any reason to keep the Ink Bold (I just got the Plus)? Any benefits the Bold has over the Plus? I wouldn't mind keeping the Bold if, for some reason, it makes me a better Chase customer (i.e., better chance of UR card approvals). I understand the Bold is no longer offered, so this is why I am asking. Thanks!
nomorecoach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 15, 7:41 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: LAX, BUR
Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Posts: 1,626
I don't have a Bold, but since you do seems like you can compare the 2 yourself. Even calling Chase and asking them may lead to an offer towards the AF.
mhdena is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 15, 8:11 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 794
Originally Posted by nomorecoach View Post
The annual is coming up. Is there any reason to keep the Ink Bold (I just got the Plus)? Any benefits the Bold has over the Plus? I wouldn't mind keeping the Bold if, for some reason, it makes me a better Chase customer (i.e., better chance of UR card approvals). I understand the Bold is no longer offered, so this is why I am asking. Thanks!
Most people are able to get the Bold AF waived or reimbursed by calling retentions (it may take several attempts)
exarkun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 15, 9:15 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Traveling some where hopefully
Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Posts: 1,951
Originally Posted by exarkun View Post
Most people are able to get the Bold AF waived or reimbursed by calling retentions (it may take several attempts)
This would be my main reason.
jjmiller69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 15, 12:42 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Programs: N/A
Posts: 676
How does one go about or how long would I have to wait to cancel my plus and re-apply for the cash to get the 30k point offer?
JBG89 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 15, 1:46 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: LAX, BUR
Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Posts: 1,626
Originally Posted by JBG89 View Post
How does one go about or how long would I have to wait to cancel my plus and re-apply for the cash to get the 30k point offer?
You should apply for the cash now, you can have both.
mhdena is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread