Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:15 pm

i too signed up for 50k and asked and they said they'd give me an additional 10k after i met min spend. no mention of annual fee.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I have messaged back quoting the CSR's error and asking for clarification. Hoping they will give me the extra 10K points for causing this confusion. I'll keep you all updated on how it goes. isriam and odin99 got lucky with getting the extra points just for asking.

update: Chase will absolutely not give me the extra 10K UR points. They say the 60K offer has an annual fee attached and is a different offer. So no go.

Last edited by susiesan; Sep 28, 2015 at 12:16 pm
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75k, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Question, just applied. Got a decision pending with a # and request to call. Then an email saying we will let you know. Do I call? Do I sit out?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by seahawkflyer
Question, just applied. Got a decision pending with a # and request to call. Then an email saying we will let you know. Do I call? Do I sit out?
I got the same, and I called in. CSR asked me about previous home addresses, mother's maiden name, and the like, and asked nothing about my business, income, etc. Was put on hold for a couple minutes then approved.

Beforehand, I had read advice to call and advice not to, with good and bad stories about the experience. Your call (no pun intended).
Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MarriotPlatinum (Lifetime Gold), IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist :)) , Hilton Diamond
Chase Ink Cash Offer Increased Post Application

They increased the offer perhaps a day or two after I applied and was approved. Has anyone had any success getting the offer switched on their card - I did ask the operator on activating the card today, and he told me it wasnt possible. I dont mind calling again to see if I can get a friendlier answer, but I don't want to beat my head against a brick wall.

Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:10 pm

you can get it. i did.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: All the programs!
After applying I got the message that they will notify me via mail in 30 days. Don't know if I want to wait that long to find out. Should I call?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by globalentry57
They increased the offer perhaps a day or two after I applied and was approved. Has anyone had any success getting the offer switched on their card - I did ask the operator on activating the card today, and he told me it wasnt possible. I dont mind calling again to see if I can get a friendlier answer, but I don't want to beat my head against a brick wall.

Thanks.
send a secure message online. that's what i did and was successful in getting bumped from 50k to 60k
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by oopl
After applying I got the message that they will notify me via mail in 30 days. Don't know if I want to wait that long to find out. Should I call?
No No No No. There is no benefit to calling. Many have reported that when they called they were grilled and then denied for a variety of reasons. Let it work it's way through and you can always call for reconsideration if denied. I did just this last week. Applied for the Ink, got the call immediately message and 30 day email. Didn't call, got approved yesterday morning.

If you're in a rush to get the card and are willing to risk getting denied then call. You will probably hear back within a week anyways, I don't know anybody who had to wait a month. Check out the credit card application wiki on reddit for dozens of data points that support this, the only denials reported are by people who called.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Pass
Does anyone pay for foreign utilities with Ink Plus?

I am an American in Thailand and would consider getting an Ink Plus card to get the 5x UR points on my Thailand internet, cell phone, cable bills. Does anyone know if the 5x points work on these utilities outside the US?

I know 2x hotels and travel work for CSP but was wondering about utilities and Ink Plus.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by dko3tgk
I am an American in Thailand and would consider getting an Ink Plus card to get the 5x UR points on my Thailand internet, cell phone, cable bills. Does anyone know if the 5x points work on these utilities outside the US?

I know 2x hotels and travel work for CSP but was wondering about utilities and Ink Plus.
It depends, I guess.
I used my Ink card to pay for M1 Singapore cell phone bill and it did not qualify as 5x category. I tried to pay online and at M1 shop. Both earned 1x point
Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dko3tgk

I bought a phone while in China through a Chinese phone carrier. I didn't get the 5x points for that purchase, so I think its doubtful.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:16 pm

Purchases

Hey everyone,

Long time lurker here. I know this thread is mainly directed at the miles crowd, however the old cash thread had been closed. Have a question regarding my ink cash. Was wondering if due to the card being business in nature, are purchases at specific categories limited? Looking to meet my 3k sign up bonus. Have been successful at office stores <1k purchases. However at my local grocer I was declined for a hair over 1k. No email or text regarding a fraud alert. Was wondering if it's purchase limit threshold and if I should expect the same outcome with a similar purchase amount at my office store?

Thanks
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:32 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by Sillytomato
...due to the card being business in nature, are purchases at specific categories limited?
No, I would contact Chase to verify that the attempted charge was declined, and then to discuss the reason. Cashiers will sometimes tell us that a charge was declined when it failed due to a technical fault or because they were asked to enter some additional information.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to Flyertalk.

No, I would contact Chase to verify that the attempted charge was declined, and then to discuss the reason. Cashiers will sometimes tell us that a charge was declined when it failed due to a technical fault or because they were asked to enter some additional information.
Thank you Mia.

It may have been the cashier, however the transaction showed "declined..." On the POS screen instantly after I swiped my ink but was successful when I swiped a proven card. I will be sure to contact them regarding the transaction.

Thank you again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.