Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2015, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by YummyRambutan
Hoping to receive that same letter Wait...pardon my ignorance, but how do mail proof of SSN and birthday? And if it's what I'm thinking, is it safe to do that via mail?
Got the letter. They just need proof of birthday mailed in! There's still hope!!! Question...how do I send in proof of my birthday?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:15 pm

Actually they're specifically asking for..."Authorizing officer birth date." That's me right? And would a copy of my drivers license sufficient........and is this safe practice?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:16 am

Yeah. If I were you, I would mail in my driver license. Or, you can give them a call asking if you can go to a branch and have them scanned it, then uploaded it to their system.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:56 am

Dumb question: How do I know if I applied for my Ink Plus with EIN or SS#? It was one of my first cards and I'm not sure.

Does Chase have a limit on number of business cards? I have a United Club Business (about 24k spend annually) and an Ink Plus (about 60k, mostly 5x) already.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:57 pm

Wife applied for Ink Plus last week and wasn't instantly approved. She has a small consulting business with a few $k income each year. She has a CSP and cancelled a United MP card a couple months ago (when the AF posted). A few days after the Ink+ application (having received nothing), she called the Business recon number. A number of questions about past and future cash flow and eventually declined. I think, based on messages in this thread, that it was a bad move to call. So now what? When, if ever, should/can she re-apply?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:01 pm

My ink plus application was denied last week. FICO 790, 2 chase cards open.
They said you have closed few chase accounts in last year. I have no business but do have EIN number. I did call the next day when it wasn't automatically approved online.

I would like to apply for the same card for my wife, should you put some amount for revenues or if you don't have then put zero? Chase asks too many question before approving business cards.

Most of the people have high activity, open/closed accounts, total number of open cards etc etc. How do you get around this? Can someone successful in getting ink plus shed some light?

Should I close one or two chase accounts for my wife before applying? The only reason I am keeping chase open so you can get Gift cards from rapid reward website, otherwise my understanding is you have to use points for airline credits only.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by jc719
Wife applied for Ink Plus last week and wasn't instantly approved. She has a small consulting business with a few $k income each year. She has a CSP and cancelled a United MP card a couple months ago (when the AF posted). A few days after the Ink+ application (having received nothing), she called the Business recon number. A number of questions about past and future cash flow and eventually declined. I think, based on messages in this thread, that it was a bad move to call. So now what? When, if ever, should/can she re-apply?

i had success going into a chase branch and opening a business account, depositing $10k and then asking the banker about the ink plus card (after getting the account all set up). i was previously denied the ink plus after calling in like your wife on a pending app. i was approved 2 d after opening the business account. they did do a second credit HP. was originally denied because i didn't have a long enough business history w/chase (catch-22)
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Newyorker11
My ink plus application was denied last week. FICO 790, 2 chase cards open.
They said you have closed few chase accounts in last year. I have no business but do have EIN number. I did call the next day when it wasn't automatically approved online.

I would like to apply for the same card for my wife, should you put some amount for revenues or if you don't have then put zero? Chase asks too many question before approving business cards.

Most of the people have high activity, open/closed accounts, total number of open cards etc etc. How do you get around this? Can someone successful in getting ink plus shed some light?

Should I close one or two chase accounts for my wife before applying? The only reason I am keeping chase open so you can get Gift cards from rapid reward website, otherwise my understanding is you have to use points for airline credits only.
I don't really understand the denial reason. Chase said you closed too few cards? So you mean that you have too many accounts with chase now according to them? Your first mistake was calling in. With Chase business apps its best to let the app work its way through the system and then call in if there is a denial. Otherwise you get grilled when you call in. People have gotten cards before with 0 revenue. If you have revenue put it, if your revenue is zero then put that. You can use chase points for certain airlines, hotels, rental car agencies etc. Its advisable to know the best way to use the points before applying for a card. The chase ink is my favorite card, but I tend to use the points for hyatt stays. I could also use them for flights if I didn't have the points from other cards for that.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by odin99
i had success going into a chase branch and opening a business account, depositing $10k and then asking the banker about the ink plus card (after getting the account all set up). i was previously denied the ink plus after calling in like your wife on a pending app. i was approved 2 d after opening the business account. they did do a second credit HP. was originally denied because i didn't have a long enough business history w/chase (catch-22)
I have the ink bold card. I do not bank with chase and do not think opening a bank account just on the hope of a credit card approval is a great idea. If you bank with chase anyway (or want to) then there is no question that having an account with them can help those with marginal applications get approved. When I got my ink bold card I had 2 active personal credit cards with chase already with a year and a half payment history showing). I also had an old chase credit card account that had been closed out that had years of payment history showing. Even with that it was somewhat intense questioning about my business. On a business application I will never call in again to chase unless denied and I need to recon.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by mbfanos
Yeah. If I were you, I would mail in my driver license. Or, you can give them a call asking if you can go to a branch and have them scanned it, then uploaded it to their system.
Went in to a branch and got that done...I wonder how long it takes. Just a waiting game now.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:25 pm

Does anyone know if there's any offer for ink plus with no annual fee for the first year floating around?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:44 am

Applied for Ink Plus 9/27

The same "you will be notified by mail of our decision within 30 days" .....everyday since then (of course I neurotically call the 800 line 1-3x a day)

I know not to call in during this period and speak to anyone there, and I won't, but my God the waiting is a killer

Review it already and let me know so I can move forward
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:21 pm

Exclamation

And it went to 7-10 days sometime today
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:45 pm

Have anyone try to convert their Chase Freedom or Slate card into the INK card?

Maybe this is another way of getting around their strict approval process for the INK card?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thehaviet
Have anyone try to convert their Chase Freedom or Slate card into the INK card?

Maybe this is another way of getting around their strict approval process for the INK card?
You cannot convert a personal card to a business card, nor vice versa.

It used to be possible to convert a co-brand card to Freedom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.