Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What is the best current offer?
A. Beginning April 14, 2022, the public offer has been increased to 80,000 Bonus Points After You Spend $4,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening. Annual fee [$95] is not waived. This offer is now publicly available. Based on some datapoints, it may be possible to get this offer at your local Chase branch with a one year waiver of the annual fee.

For any CSP offer, be sure to check the pricing details before applying. Normally, the annual fee for the CSP for year 2 and later is $95; however, in mid-2014 and then again more recently, Chase began randomly changing the pricing for some visits to the pages above, with AF as high as $150. If you get a page with that higher pricing, try reloading the page.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. This card is subject to the Chase 5/24 policy. For details, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Q. I'm an authorized user for a card issued to my spouse/parent. Does that prevent me from signing up for the same card and earning a bonus?

A. No, being an authorized user does not prevent you from obtaining your own card / bonus.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. What's the value of a UR point? What are the best redemption options?

A. Because these questions are not specific to the Sapphire Preferred card, see discussion in the following separate threads:
Q. What are the benefits of this card other than UR points?

Benefits Guide https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred

A. See the discussion in Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits Thread, especially the source documents referenced in the wiki.
Other discussion
Which travel booking sites qualify for 2x points on CSP?

To review previous Sapphire Preferred thread, click HERE.

Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2021, 7:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If you apply before you are eligible for a bonus the application will be declined.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 9:29 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by mia
If you apply before you are eligible for a bonus the application will be declined.
Thanks, guess I'll wait til end of August or so (or longer if the offer isn't good then) - if I got approved on 5/15 four years ago, then surely I'd be eligible by then since you get 3 months to earn the bonus.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 9:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by strickerj
Thanks, guess I'll wait til end of August or so (or longer if the offer isn't good then) - if I got approved on 5/15 four years ago, then surely I'd be eligible by then since you get 3 months to earn the bonus.
If you have access to your statements from then you can see on which one it was that you met the spend requirement and got the bonus.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 6:22 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I applied almost a week ago and when I call the application status hotline I still get the 'you'll be notified in writing in 30 days' message...grrh.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 8:07 am

...do you have to actually apply at least 48 months after earning the bonus?
Yes. This is the way.
hotturnip and strickerj like this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
If you have access to your statements from then you can see on which one it was that you met the spend requirement and got the bonus.
Thanks; I checked and they're gone unfortunately.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
I received my Sapphire reserve signup bonus within the past year. Normally, this prevents you from getting another Sapphire signup bonus within 48 months. (I am under 5/24)

Would it be possible for my Private Client banker to help me get around this? If you think so, any data points?
Old Jul 4, 2021, 7:00 pm

Thanks; I checked and they're gone unfortunately.
Where did you check?

Upon reading this I just logged in to Chase and they have statements available for the last 7 years, (in my case 10/2016 being the oldest where it shows the SUB on that first statement)

BTW, this card has already been PC'd to an old Freedom but every statement as a C$R is still easily accessible.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous
I applied almost a week ago and when I call the application status hotline I still get the 'you'll be notified in writing in 30 days' message...grrh.
This is standard if you're at max-exposure with Chase, (but also other possibilities).

I don't follow Chase policies closely but I recall that 30 days usually means eventual approval, (and 7-10 days probable denial).

Also the new card would show up under your Chase login before you get any notification of approval.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 7:24 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by eethan
I received my Sapphire reserve signup bonus within the past year. Normally, this prevents you from getting another Sapphire signup bonus within 48 months. (I am under 5/24)

Would it be possible for my Private Client banker to help me get around this? If you think so, any data points?
Check out the dedicated CPC thread for details. From what I have read, it used to work, but not anymore.

LAX
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by eethan

No chance. CPC adds no value to credit card applications.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by EdofFX
I just cut and paste that referral link into another tab, to see what the offer is for the referee. That was how I identify the 80K offers that I did not referred out.
Thanks for this.

I just did as you said and the offer is 100K.

Now I just have to decide whether to pull the trigger today after 4 Calendar days, (or wait till Wednesday and 4 Business days). Decisions,, decisions,, LOL...
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Chris58
Where did you check?

Upon reading this I just logged in to Chase and they have statements available for the last 7 years, (in my case 10/2016 being the oldest where it shows the SUB on that first statement)

BTW, this card has already been PC'd to an old Freedom but every statement as a C$R is still easily accessible.
Card was canceled, not changed. I see no mention of that account anywhere in either the app or desktop site, only the account that's currently open. I checked show/hide accounts and it isn't there but just hidden either; it's completely gone, as if I never had it.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 1:13 am

Card was canceled, not changed. I see no mention of that account anywhere in either the app or desktop site, only the account that's currently open. I checked show/hide accounts and it isn't there but just hidden either; it's completely gone, as if I never had it.
Okay, that makes perfect sense. I'd assumed you'd PC'd to a no annual fee product for the FICO Score benefit.

For sure Chase has this info, (what month your SUB posted). If I were you I'd call Chase and try to get this date, (perhaps select the option of applying by phone and just try to get the info without applying).

It can't hurt to try since you want to open this account while the 100K SUB is still available.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 11:36 pm

Applied and accepted last week from a friend's 100k referral, last bonus June 2016, showed up in online account same day. Physical card arrived today, verified online. I don't see the account bonus tracker on website or app. Does it appear after a while on its own or after you actually use the card, when there is spending to track? If it remains missing, does that imply there is no sign up bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.