Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Reviews:

First Class [by Genius1]

Business Class [by Genius1]

Business and First Lounges [by Corporate-Wage-Slave]

Business Class [by Jermyn]

First Class [by Jermyn]
First Class [by Rami Tamimi]

For menus in the lounge see here:

CX F Class Lounge menus
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:46 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by dave31
Is a full English breakfast available and is it good quality with a wide choice? Is food cooked fairly freshly and not left for hours in one of those ghastly heaters? What time does breakfast cease? Thanks
They will happily custom make it with whatever you want. You can have your eggs as you wish. It was hot and tasty. The baked beans were in a side cup. Excellent quality and really hit the spot, especially with a Baron de Rothschild Buck's Fizz. A fabulous breakfast with great service
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
A few pics from my trips from the last few months....not sure how many cycles will CX menu have over the year, I think this is the 2nd update of their menu since reopening.

Chicken Roulade
Thai Salad with Beef
Avocado & Hot Smoked Salmon Timbale
Thai Fish Curry
Artisan Cheese Board
Attached Images      
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Jed
They will happily custom make it with whatever you want. You can have your eggs as you wish. It was hot and tasty. The baked beans were in a side cup. Excellent quality and really hit the spot, especially with a Baron de Rothschild Buck's Fizz. A fabulous breakfast with great service
Officially it is noon but as noted they will still serve breakfast whereas some lunch items are generally not available earlier. I arrived at 12:15 recently and was the first to order from the lunch menu.

My other observation is that the meal portions seem to be shrinking... fish and chips has shrunk from 3 to 2 to 1 small piece of fish over the past visits from November of last year to March to July of this year. You can always order more of course.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I've recently reviewed both lounges at LHR; both reports feature plenty of photos.

Business Class lounge (from a trip in January)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ss-w-pics.html

First Class lounge (from a trip in April)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...t-lounges.html
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:03 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
https://www.ausbt.com.au/first-look-...t-class-lounge

The new qantas lounge in London is going to give even the CX F lounge a run for its money.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sxc
https://www.ausbt.com.au/first-look-...t-class-lounge

The new qantas lounge in London is going to give even the CX F lounge a run for its money.
Wow, looks amazing. Looking forward to spending some time there on New Year's Eve!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
qantas CEO Alan specifically said that even they only have 2 QF flight other OW members can access it, but their mother FFP will have to pay qantas (paraphrased by me)

so i can see trend is battle for lounge entry fee here... confirms my believe lounge is cash cow and thus all these airlines cannibalizing on each others.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fakecd
qantas CEO Alan specifically said that even they only have 2 QF flight other OW members can access it, but their mother FFP will have to pay qantas (paraphrased by me)

so i can see trend is battle for lounge entry fee here... confirms my believe lounge is cash cow and thus all these airlines cannibalizing on each others.
There is indeed a fee to the FFP or the airline, depending on whether people enter by status or ticket. So yes, if you can attract enough footfall from other programs or airlines, it can become less of an operational cost, or maybe even a profit center.

The location is ideal for this, it is the first lounge you see when walking towards the gates and the lounges in general. It is the former Scandinavian Airlines/Air Canada lounge, which had quite a bit of space so there should also be room for a fair bit of footfall.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:59 pm

qantas CEO Alan specifically said that even they only have 2 QF flight other OW members can access it, but their mother FFP will have to pay qantas (paraphrased by me)]
Absolutely there are inter-airline fees for using each other's lounge, and they're quite decent – QF has for example been paying CX for lounge access of late and while I can't reveal the number, I can tell you that it'd be a nice little subsidy for CX and Qantas will be glad to not longer be shelling out for hundreds of CX lounge visits each day.

Now the challenge for QF is to recoup its investment, through attracting passengers flying BA or AA into the QF lounge; becoming the lounge to which T3 Oneworld airlines who don't have their own lounge (eg JAL, Royal Jordanian, Srilankan) direct their eligible passengers (most of whom won't know that they can lounge-hop); and by pitching for the business of T3 non-Oneworld airlines which lack a lounge of their own, as QF has already done in HKG and LAX for example. Qantas is working on all three of those approaches.

Last edited by djsflynn; Nov 28, 2017 at 5:44 pm
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There is indeed a fee to the FFP or the airline, depending on whether people enter by status or ticket. So yes, if you can attract enough footfall from other programs or airlines, it can become less of an operational cost, or maybe even a profit center.
Again, as far as I know, within OW the airline you travel with pays, irrespective of whether access is granted based on status or CoS. The article specifically mentioned BA pays for BA pax, not BA pays for BAEC élites.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ernestnywang

Again, as far as I know, within OW the airline you travel with pays, irrespective of whether access is granted based on status or CoS. The article specifically mentioned BA pays for BA pax, not BA pays for BAEC élites.
I probably stand corrected on who specifically pays. But in the end whether it is the airline, or the FFP, if they can attract enough footfall from other airlines' flights, they can achive the same effect. It does not really change the outcome.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Absolutely there are inter-airline fees for using each other's lounge, and they're quite decent – QF has for example been paying CX for lounge access of late and while I can't reveal the number, I can tell you that it'd be a nice little subsidy for CX and Qantas will be glad to not longer be shelling out for hundreds of CX lounge visits each day.

Now the challenge for QF is to recoup its investment, through attracting passengers flying BA or AA into the QF lounge; becoming the lounge to which T3 Oneworld airlines who don't have their own lounge (eg JAL, Royal Jordanian, Srilankan) direct their eligible passengers (most of whom won't know that they can lounge-hop); and by pitching for the business of T3 non-Oneworld airlines which lack a lounge of their own, as QF has already done in HKG and LAX for example. Qantas is working on all three of those approaches.
Don't forget AY (Finnair) with multiple flights a day to HEL.. ;-)

But for lounge hoppers, T3 is going to be an excellent terminal. All the lounges are close to each other, so even if you only have 1.5 hours, you can hit all of them, AA, BA, CX and now QF. For OWEs, 3 out of 4 have an F Lounge option, so I'm a little surprised that QF didn't set up an F section..

All that said, the new QF lounge looks awesome, and having the Gin Bar is a nice touch, and having the salt and pepper squid available is a great bonus!
Old May 25, 2020, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone comment as to the status of this lounge these days? Is the buffet or noodle bar open? Is the F section open? I wonder if this is the end of the self-serve champagne/wine/spirits in the F section and the fridges of soft drinks on either side
Old May 25, 2020, 6:28 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
The whole lounge is closed.
Old May 25, 2020, 9:49 pm

In fact the whole terminal is closed, CX has been relocated to LHR T2 (although I hear rumours that all Oneworld airlines may soon be re-relocated to T5).
Genius1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.