Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Reviews:

First Class [by Genius1]

Business Class [by Genius1]

Business and First Lounges [by Corporate-Wage-Slave]

Business Class [by Jermyn]

First Class [by Jermyn]
First Class [by Rami Tamimi]

For menus in the lounge see here:

CX F Class Lounge menus
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
oops,just realised that the third set of pics did not actually load.
Attached Images          
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Thank you indeed for the very dedicated reporting, Rami Tamimi.

Will have a fleeting breakfast moment at the LHR lounge in March. Not really looking forward to T3 and those far away gates again but the CX premises are at least the best place to spend time there.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by mosburger
Thank you indeed for the very dedicated reporting, Rami Tamimi.

Will have a fleeting breakfast moment at the LHR lounge in March. Not really looking forward to T3 and those far away gates again but the CX premises are at least the best place to spend time there.
Thanks! I would be interested to know what they have for breakfast (anyone can give me a link to any breakfast reports?)

CX lounge is the only thing I look forward to it LHR T3. Long [vs T5] walk from tube station, long walk to some gates, those awful "holding pens", zoo at arrivals immigration (just what you need after another long walk from the gates after 10+ hours of traveling). The only advantage I can think of is that fast track security tends to be less busy than the one in T5.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Thanks! I would be interested to know what they have for breakfast (anyone can give me a link to any breakfast reports?)

CX lounge is the only thing I look forward to it LHR T3. Long [vs T5] walk from tube station, long walk to some gates, those awful "holding pens", zoo at arrivals immigration (just what you need after another long walk from the gates after 10+ hours of traveling). The only advantage I can think of is that fast track security tends to be less busy than the one in T5.
I went through my pictures from when I was there for breakfast and can sadly hardly read the letters since I didn't take a closeup pic of the menu (aside from the noodle bar one but that's the same all day I believe). The only label I can read says "beef sausage" lol, but there's 4 hot dishes. I blame my lack of picture-taking.

Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:25 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I think Rami is looking for the F lounge menu. I was through there in December for breakfast but unfortunately I didn't take a photo of the menu.

From memory these are the items I can remember but there is more:
  • full english breakfast
  • eggs benedict with salmon or ham (I had this. It looked nice but wasn't great)
  • fruit platter
  • bircher muesli
  • pastry selection plate (croissant, danish)
Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:53 pm

Thanks both sxc and Smiley90 for replies,that sounds good!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:52 am

I found a [pictorial] answer to my question re: breakfast in the LHR lounge. Credit to Chris Wood.

It's interesting that LHR lounges use Illy coffee,whereas in HKG they use Nespresso.

Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:39 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Are you sure about nespresso? I don't think I've ever seen a Nespresso machine in a CX lounge.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
Are you sure about nespresso? I don't think I've ever seen a Nespresso machine in a CX lounge.
Yeah,100% certain. I was actually discussing this with my ex Peninsula friend the other day. In The Wing F side bar they have the Nespresso machine below the table (same place where they have the ice, opposite to the bottles). In The Wing J long bar, the machine is hidden behind the wall to your far right (towards the service counter between J/F sides,if that makes sense). I asked to have a look at it and it was also a Nespresso machine.

In F side bar, they are using this one https://www.nespresso.com/pro/hk/en/...e-for-business

That is not to say that all CX HKG lounges are equipped with Nespresso. The ones at Wing F atrium and Wing J Coffe Loft are those "manual" Starbucks style machines. Passenger operated machines are also not Nespresso,but I can't remember the exact modification.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 3:32 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

I wish they would head over to the QF lounge and learn how to make a good coffee.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:08 pm

When would you say is the busiest time of the day in the lounges? I have a BA flight at 1700 on a Thursday but would prefer to avoid visiting if it is rammed mid to late afternoon.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
When would you say is the busiest time of the day in the lounges? I have a BA flight at 1700 on a Thursday but would prefer to avoid visiting if it is rammed mid to late afternoon.
16:00-18:00 is the busiest,there are 2x HKG flights departing within an hour+ the AY HEL flight + a few AA/BA fligths...but the biggest contributor is the 2x CX flights.

I normally depart at 16:05 and up until 15:30 the lounge is empty, it then starts to fill up. I am normally out for boarding by 15:45,but when there are delays I have experienced how busy the lounge is. Not sure how the new J lounge copes with the demand, given the extra capacity.

If you really only want to have a quiet time and find the CX lounge busy on the day, head to AA,it's a pleasant lounge and it's almost always empty and the numerous AA flights would have departed by 4PM IIRC. Forget about the busy BA dump, waste of time.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
I arrived in the loungr 16:30 to connect to the 19:00 JAL flight to Tokyo. Fairly busy when I arrived, number of people reduced dramatically around 18. Though I would say that there were seats available throughout. Not over crowded.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; IHG Spire Ambassador
Morning all. Just to give you a heads-up that there are kitchen electrical issues at T3 CX lounges this morning so no hot breakfast is available at the moment.

I was given an invite to No. 1 lounge at check-in (not sure if this is usual or not) but obviously decided to come here anyway! There are still cereal/pastries/cold cuts etc.

My first visit here and very impressed nonetheless.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:48 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SamDubs
Morning all. Just to give you a heads-up that there are kitchen electrical issues at T3 CX lounges this morning so no hot breakfast is available at the moment.
Another enhancement stolen from BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.