Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Reviews:

First Class [by Genius1]

Business Class [by Genius1]

Business and First Lounges [by Corporate-Wage-Slave]

Business Class [by Jermyn]

First Class [by Jermyn]
First Class [by Rami Tamimi]

For menus in the lounge see here:

CX F Class Lounge menus
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
I will be at T3 at 6am in a couple of weeks flying BA F.

Should I go to the BA F lounge or CX F lounge for a nice breakfast? I will not be drinking at that time of the day so alcohol selection is not important.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
I will be at T3 at 6am in a couple of weeks flying BA F.

Should I go to the BA F lounge or CX F lounge for a nice breakfast? I will not be drinking at that time of the day so alcohol selection is not important.
Definitely CX.

Just remember that the CX lounge opens at 7:30 on Sundays.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Definitely CX.

Just remember that the CX lounge opens at 7:30 on Sundays.
Thanks. I am flying on a Wednesday.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by dood125
Hi Guys,

I'll be visiting this lounge at 13:00 on Thursday (J class) and wanted to know how busy it will be at this time? I'm intending to get some work done, shower and have a late lunch after a few conference calls.

Has anyone tried the dim sum?? (big fan)

Judging from the credentialed review, those green chairs with high walls seem to be the best location for setting up 'camp'.

Thanks!
We are here at 13:00 on a Sunday. Deserted. The dim sum is limited but tasty. My Hong Kong born companion loved the noodles. Now we don't have to eat on the BA transcon!

Came from T5 just to check it out. Now we have to go back to T5 the boarding pass checker at T3 seemed hesitant to let us into T3 just for lounge access.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Thanks for the update. I was there at 13:00on a Thursday and was one of only 5 guests. Lovely lounge, by far the better then galleries.

only issues was the heat! Overheard the lounge manager saying this was a known issue but little can be done. Do not what to even think about what the temp will be like by the apron view seats in the summer!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I felt a bit warm but wasn't overheating. Simply took off my jacket.

Also, I probably wouldn't replicate the T5-T3-T5 trip again. After leaving CX, I found the return journey to be a drag. Wait for T5 bus, squeeze in, disembark T5, walk to BP check (fast lane was great with elite status), go through security again, walk again to T5-T5C transit, etc.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Did some lounge hopping at T3 today. CX lounge was deserted at times, while the BA lounge was heaving! I am amazed OW status members and J passengers don't know they can use any OW lounge. Not that I am complaining but I would have thought more would be fairly clued up?

By the way, I think the heating issue is fixed as it was baltic in the CX lounge.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:41 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Have been twice to the LHR CX J lounge within a couple of weeks of its opening. Only had Oneworld sapphire status then so couldn't check out F lounge.
I was extremely impressed with the J lounge. The self serve breakfast was on a par with the BA F Lounge (which I have since experienced now that I have my emerald status). Just on a smaller scale and without the a la carts menu. Champagne was Moet. Wide selection of other drinks. Noodle bar excellent with prompt service. Bathrooms fantastic with Aesop products. Didn't use the showers. The front desk service was very welcoming.
Thoroughly impressive lounge
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:52 am

In the Lounge now and very impressed, it is lovely. Just had a nice breakfast in the F dining area.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:49 am

i don't think anyone in their right mind would use the BA Lounge over this impressive Cathay Lounge.

Btw would I be able to use the CX business Lounge when flying with BA in business class shorthaul? I have no oneworld status.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
i don't think anyone in their right mind would use the BA Lounge over this impressive Cathay Lounge.

Btw would I be able to use the CX business Lounge when flying with BA in business class shorthaul? I have no oneworld status.
Yes. Business class is business class.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

You can use any of the oneworld J lounges in T3, so BA, AA, or CX.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:15 pm

Thanks, I won't bother with the BA Lounge in T3 anymore apart from the spa.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Anyone know when the breakfast to all day switchover time is? I have an upcoming AA flight out of LHR and all of the menu items on my flight at 12:50 look meh at best (shocker!) and so was figuring I'd have an early lunch in the CX F lounge. I'm not much of a breakie person, my AA flight boards at noon so was thinking I'd go to the lounge at 11ish for an early lunch but wanted to check if that would be on offer at that time. Thanks
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ryan182
Anyone know when the breakfast to all day switchover time is? I have an upcoming AA flight out of LHR and all of the menu items on my flight at 12:50 look meh at best (shocker!) and so was figuring I'd have an early lunch in the CX F lounge. I'm not much of a breakie person, my AA flight boards at noon so was thinking I'd go to the lounge at 11ish for an early lunch but wanted to check if that would be on offer at that time. Thanks
12 noon I think, you might be able to ask nicely for the lunch menu early though if they're not too busy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.