Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Reviews:

First Class [by Genius1]

Business Class [by Genius1]

Business and First Lounges [by Corporate-Wage-Slave]

Business Class [by Jermyn]

First Class [by Jermyn]
First Class [by Rami Tamimi]

For menus in the lounge see here:

CX F Class Lounge menus
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:19 pm

Thanks Jermyn for the helpful reviews accompanied by excellent photos. Special thanks for taking the effort to "slum it" in the business to review that space too rather than spending all your time in the first lounge. Appreciated.

Just one thing to point out is that access to the CX business lounge will be granted to both BA CW and CE passengers, not just CE as your report indicates.

Really great review in all aspects.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by freakinflyer001
Also tried out the shower and was really impressed. They stock a good range of amenities including full sized bottles of Nivea Men deodorant.
About time a Lounge shower had deodorant stocked! I've never understood why more don't have them as this is an item that will rarely if ever find its way into my hand luggage!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by rossmacd
It is a stunning lounge. Very well done to CX ^

All other OW lounges at LHR are miserable in comparison, including the fabled CCR in T5 - laughable in comparison.

I enjoy every minute in the Pier at HKG, so this place is second best

I just hope those not in the know continue to frequent the pitiful offerings of BA and AA, keeping CX lounge quiet
Sounds promising. 10 years of frequent flying through LHR T3 have made the rest of the terminal somewhat too familiar so prefer to spend most time in the lounge these days.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:44 am

In here now with the family. 1 x OWE and 3 x OWS flying Finnair Y and they invited us all to use the First lounge.

Very nice indeed, especially as we have been delayed. The food in the dining room was really rather excellent with a good mix of both Chinese and western. Nice ambience, very similar to the other CX lounges I have been in. Highly recommended!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 1:04 pm

Have a nearly five-hour layover at T3 tomorrow and eager to do a bit of lounge-hopping. Question: Am I allowed multiple entries into the CX lounge? Could I start there, then check out BA and AA, and then back to the plush environs of CX?
Old Dec 21, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by I_Heart_PSA
Have a nearly five-hour layover at T3 tomorrow and eager to do a bit of lounge-hopping. Question: Am I allowed multiple entries into the CX lounge? Could I start there, then check out BA and AA, and then back to the plush environs of CX?
Sure. I've never had a problem reentering a lounge. For all they know, you went to do some duty free shopping, instead of lounge hopping, not that they care about that either.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by I_Heart_PSA
Sure you can.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Allow me to have a contrary opinion. Although the hard product here in the CX First class area is excellent, aside from the noodles, the F&B is no better than BA's GF. In fact the alcohol and wine selection is a good step below BA's GF. And while this all looks sharp and new now, we all know the furniture will get beat up over time and look generally like what we see in the BA lounge. So if you arrive a year from now and it is a busy hour in the CX lounge, I would say the BA GF is better, and again better drinks if that matter to you.

But at this moment the lounge is rather empty and I am very comfortable. The Dan Dan noodle dish was excellent. ^

Also a mention for the "dragon" who very warmly welcomed me in to the First area with my BA Gold CE BP. And unlike BA agents, she stepped from behind the counter to properly greet me and show me around. However I wonder how good and personable this service, and equally the great service from the wait staff, will be on a busy day in July.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I presume it is either due to cost, or to preserve something unique for the flagship CX Pier F Lounge in HKG, but it's a shame they don't have a full service bar at this lounge.

I really enjoy entering the Pier F lounge in HKG, turning left, and walking up to bar and ordering a flute of rosé champagne to start the lounge "experience". First world complaint for sure...

The lack of the Laurent Perrier Rosé champagne is a more serious matter!
They most definitely have a full service bar, at least in the J section (i dont have access to the F part). I'' there right now.

Agreeing with what everyone has said, fantastic lounge. Something that's not been said much but I want to say is that the view is fantastic, you see the tails of all the planes as they take off into the distance. That and the tea selection.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't seen this mentioned and I'm almost afraid to "out" this feature, but there is a private room with a telephone that has free world-wide dialing. Well I assume it is world-wide. I direct dialed a number in France anyways.

The BA CCR has free dialing from the cabanas, but I don't know of any other lounge at LHR that offers this?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I love the new lounge. 4 visits over the past 30 days, 3-times the same lovely lady in the F dining section, who last time greeted me with a kiss. Amazing lounge, great views, good seating variability and good bar in j section. What more can I ask for? Better then CCR in T5 in my opinion; on par with QF F LAX lounge.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
3-times the same lovely lady in the F dining section, who last time greeted me with a kiss.

I'm excited to hear what greeting you receive on your next date
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Diamond, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, GHA Black, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
Allow me to have a contrary opinion. Although the hard product here in the CX First class area is excellent, aside from the noodles, the F&B is no better than BA's GF. In fact the alcohol and wine selection is a good step below BA's GF. And while this all looks sharp and new now, we all know the furniture will get beat up over time and look generally like what we see in the BA lounge. So if you arrive a year from now and it is a busy hour in the CX lounge, I would say the BA GF is better, and again better drinks if that matter to you.

But at this moment the lounge is rather empty and I am very comfortable. The Dan Dan noodle dish was excellent. ^

Also a mention for the "dragon" who very warmly welcomed me in to the First area with my BA Gold CE BP. And unlike BA agents, she stepped from behind the counter to properly greet me and show me around. However I wonder how good and personable this service, and equally the great service from the wait staff, will be on a busy day in July.
I'd hate to be stuck next to you...anywhere.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
I'd hate to be stuck next to you...anywhere.
Thanks. I love you too.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I'm flying with BA to Prague next week and was surprised when I made the booking it was from T3 rather than T5.

As OWS I'd like to check out the noodle bar... but I'm a T3 newbie. How much of a walk is it to the lounge? The T3 map says 10mins, but I'm wondering if thats accurate. Just so I have a guess how much wondering about I'll need to do!

Also while I'm asking, approx how long does it take from landing to getting to the underground when coming back into T3? (I know there is a lot of margin in there)

Thanks,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.