Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Reviews:

First Class [by Genius1]

Business Class [by Genius1]

Business and First Lounges [by Corporate-Wage-Slave]

Business Class [by Jermyn]

First Class [by Jermyn]
First Class [by Rami Tamimi]

For menus in the lounge see here:

CX F Class Lounge menus
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2024, 9:18 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by casey89
Really? How did you pass the turnstiles in T3 with T5 boarding pass? Also how did you get to T5 from T3 airside?
There is a thread on the BA forum about doing just this . You have to get the T5 transit train, then double back to transfers. You just tell security it's for a particular shop if they ask. They rarely do.The staff at the lounges will remind you you are departing T5 and should leave sufficient time. It can be a faff but I had many hours to kill.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 9:44 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
As celtic_warrior has mentioned, there is a BA thread about this. I would highly suggest reading this as unless you present yourself as confident as to what you are doing in T3 at the boarding pass check, you will be denied as the last thing they want is you missing your flight because they cleared you into T3 instead of T5.

The CX lounge staff have never bat an eyelid at the fact that I'm departing on T5. In fact, I don't think they could care less.
celtic_warrior and casey89 like this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 9:50 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
I am still not sure how you will get to the T5 from T3 once you are airside. You clearly have to left the airside through customs, enter UK and then take some public train to T5? If so then IMHO it is definitely not worth it for just 4 hours of transit time.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 10:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
when in the airside departures area in T3 you can exit T3 airside by heading back to connections, then down to the airside buses which will take you to T5. once in T5 you are at flight connections and arrivals so can go through connections to get to the T5 airside departures area,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.