Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Reviews:

First Class [by Genius1]

Business Class [by Genius1]

Business and First Lounges [by Corporate-Wage-Slave]

Business Class [by Jermyn]

First Class [by Jermyn]
First Class [by Rami Tamimi]

For menus in the lounge see here:

CX F Class Lounge menus
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by casey89
Thanks for the menu pic!

Really better than the QF? I mean it is great if so but I was in the QF lounge back in December and when compared to the BA lounge in T3 it was really superb. So if the CX lounge raise the level even more that is great, but overall I was really happy at the QF lounge with the food/drinks/seating selection.
No problem. Maybe it was due to the time of day we arrived (around 10am) but the breakfast options were pretty limited in QF. The Eggs Benedict arrived cold after a 20 min wait from ordering with no menu. A lovely decor in the lounge but I felt the CX lounge was just that bit nicer - and with a tastier selection of food.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:18 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
For me, the QF lounge was never worth going to except around the times of the QF flights. I too was disappointed by what was available in the mornings.

Even in the evenings I still preferred CX but went to QF for a change of scenery.

As for BA T3, well the F side is ok to load up on carbs if you were really hungry and didn't want to wait for the CX kitchen (or felt self-conscious about ordering two full meals)
Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
IIRC in the mornings it was always QF for coffee, then either BA or CX depending on what one wanted for breakfast. Then back to QF for a tipple before the flight
Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
IIRC in the mornings it was always QF for coffee, then either BA or CX depending on what one wanted for breakfast. Then back to QF for a tipple before the flight
I thought it was the gin bar for breakfast, followed by the gin bar....
Old Jan 22, 2022, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I have to say that the gin bar was the major attraction for me in the QF lounge, so as to try something different to my usual tipples. Foodwise, the CX lounge would always have been my first choice but I would typically have been there mostly around lunchtime/early afternoon (or early mornings, in which case I would not have bothered with the QF lounge at all) so never experienced the evening offering in the QF lounge, which I understand was better than the rest of the day.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Damn you are allowed to re-enter the lounge you left on the same day? I mean I knew you can visit multiple lounges but I (don't know why) thought, you can only enter each lounge once per one ticket.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Damn you are allowed to re-enter the lounge you left on the same day? I mean I knew you can visit multiple lounges but I (don't know why) thought, you can only enter each lounge once per one ticket.

Hi,

Yes, no problem at all. I have done that at T3 and at T5 ( For T3 settle in at Cathay, then pop out , a quick visit to Qantas, a spot of shopping then back to Cathay

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by celsdon
And then the offering after 1130 am for Western options.
Thai green curry classified as a Western dish? LOL.

I suppose Thailand indeed is "west" of Hong Kong.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:18 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I've departed from the same airport twice in a day and entered the same lounge on different tickets.

Also you can just tell the staff you're popping out for a while. Ask them to remember your face and they won't scan the BP again when you return...
KARFA and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:48 am

In case anybody wanted to reminisce of the CX lounge or wanted some more pictures of the current setup & food - I have done a review on my site. Probably will be content you already know, but thought I'd share anyway. Review: Cathay Pacific First Class Lounge 2022
SW7London, KARFA and txbrit like this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That is a fantastic idea, though I was a bit too rushed to try it this morning. Quick espresso at QF (nice and strong), then noodles and dim sum with champers at CX for breakfast before the flight. So pleased it feels a bit more back to normal now.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by celsdon
In case anybody wanted to reminisce of the CX lounge or wanted some more pictures of the current setup & food - I have done a review on my site. Probably will be content you already know, but thought I'd share anyway. Review: Cathay Pacific First Class Lounge 2022
Nice review, but, please, get your shoes off the furniture.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
The menu’s been posted above. What can I add? Champagne choice and shower amenities?

How about opening times?

How busy is it?

Food’s okay. Not necessarily great.

Cathay, love, you can do better than that.

Still no Sichuan oil at LHR.

Happy to have you back, CX lounge and staff.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL
I was a bit confused today at the LHR CX lounge. I am non status, arriving paid F long haul (overnight flight) into LHR on BA T5 then departing T3 short haul BA Club Europe same day. I handed both the F and J BP and was denied F access because “the operating carrier is BA”. These were AA marketed BA operated flights. I was pretty sure oneworld access allowed me to enter F and said as much but was denied. They let me in J and I was content… did I misread the oneworld policy?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 4:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by paul21
I was a bit confused today at the LHR CX lounge. I am non status, arriving paid F long haul (overnight flight) into LHR on BA T5 then departing T3 short haul BA Club Europe same day. I handed both the F and J BP and was denied F access because “the operating carrier is BA”. These were AA marketed BA operated flights. I was pretty sure oneworld access allowed me to enter F and said as much but was denied. They let me in J and I was content… did I misread the oneworld policy?
no I don’t think you have. Under oneworld rules longhaul arrival on oneworld operated and marketed F, with a same day connection on to short haul oneworld operated and marketed flight in any cabin should give access to the F lounge. You absolutely did the right thing presenting both bps. Quite simply the agent was wrong, and the reasoning given makes no sense.
paul21 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.