Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Reviews:

First Class [by Genius1]

Business Class [by Genius1]

Business and First Lounges [by Corporate-Wage-Slave]

Business Class [by Jermyn]

First Class [by Jermyn]
First Class [by Rami Tamimi]

For menus in the lounge see here:

CX F Class Lounge menus
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by casey89
damn. i will be in T3 on Dec 16th. So the CX lounge will definitely be closed at this time so my only choice is the BA lounge in T3 which is one of the worst lounges at heathrow
No access to the new AMEX Centurion Lounge?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:00 pm

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by djsflynn
is it any good? I have Business inboud with AA and outbound from T3 in Club Europe, but unfortunatelly due to the situation only Bronze Exec.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:40 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Access criteria: thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
  • Platinum Card® Members
  • Business Platinum Card® Members
  • Corporate Platinum Card® Members
  • Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Card Members
  • Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business Card Members
  • Centurion® Members
djsflynn likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Access criteria: thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
  • Platinum Card® Members
  • Business Platinum Card® Members
  • Corporate Platinum Card® Members
  • Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Card Members
  • Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business Card Members
  • Centurion® Members
Oh, it is a shame. I am not a holder of any of those cards. So I guess the BA T3 it is. Or maybe it will make a sense to go to T5B BA lounge since I am having like 7 hours layover. Do you know if BA has troubles to let travelers in the lounge for more than the 3 hours?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Oh, it is a shame. I am not a holder of any of those cards. So I guess the BA T3 it is. Or maybe it will make a sense to go to T5B BA lounge since I am having like 7 hours layover. Do you know if BA has troubles to let travelers in the lounge for more than the 3 hours?
You won’t be permitted into the airside terminals at T5 with a T3 boarding pass. If you arrive in the UK I think you might be able to head over to the BA arrivals lounge at T5 and h@ve breakfast and freshen up there. You can then head back to T3. Eligible BA passengers can use the lounge for any amount of time so no 3 hour minimum. You can travel between terminals 3 and 5 free using the Heathrow Express. A free ticket can be obtained from the machine. For free travel on the underground between terminals an Oyster card or contactless card is needed but it won’t be charged.

Don’t forget for 7 hours you could easily have breakfast in arrivals and head to Windsor for a stroll and to pass some time before heading back to T3.
djsflynn and HarbourGent like this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 7:49 pm

Yes, long-haul arrival in AA business class should get you into BA's T5 arrivals lounge, which I must admit to quite liking – tuck into a nice breakfast, have a shower, and then if the weather and you are both agreeable, heading out to Windsor sounds like a lovely little excursion.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 12:14 pm

Thank you guys for suggestions. I will arrive on Dec 16th at 12:15 from LAX and have connecting flight (on same ticket) to PRG but the only possible flight this day is at 19:35 so I am trying to get best out of this 7hrs layover. If the weather will be nice I might try the Windsor, it looks very nice (just to be sure, I will check my baggage in LAX all the way through to PRG and it is no problem to get out of the Heathrow T5 when I arrive and then just go to the T3 security check with the boarding pass LHR-PRG that was issued in LAX right?)

But if I decide to stay at the airport there is no way how to get to the T5 departure lounges? I thought that when I land at T5 I might not go to the transit buses to T3 but stay at T5 and choose whatever lounges I want to hang out. But if I can't get airside at T5 with T3 boarding ticket then there is no way i guess. I saw some trip report from LAX where the departure was at T4 but the guy went to the TBIT lounge so I thought I could do the same at Heathrow.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 10:21 pm

FYI, Qantas has just reopened its LHR T3 lounge, hours are listed by the airline as 6am-4pm as it appears to be temporarily shared with EK so the timetable is built around both QF and EK flights.

Last edited by djsflynn; Dec 13, 2021 at 2:02 pm Reason: update on opening hours
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:02 am

Thank you guys for suggestions. I will arrive on Dec 16th at 12:15 from LAX and have connecting flight (on same ticket) to PRG but the only possible flight this day is at 19:35 so I am trying to get best out of this 7hrs layover. If the weather will be nice I might try the Windsor, it looks very nice (just to be sure, I will check my baggage in LAX all the way through to PRG and it is no problem to get out of the Heathrow T5 when I arrive and then just go to the T3 security check with the boarding pass LHR-PRG that was issued in LAX right?)

But if I decide to stay at the airport there is no way how to get to the T5 departure lounges? I thought that when I land at T5 I might not go to the transit buses to T3 but stay at T5 and choose whatever lounges I want to hang out. But if I can't get airside at T5 with T3 boarding ticket then there is no way i guess. I saw some trip report from LAX where the departure was at T4 but the guy went to the TBIT lounge so I thought I could do the same at Heathrow.
In the old days, before COVID, this was possible but up to the agent/person checking boarding passes before transit security. I did this a few times arriving into T3 and having to transit to T5. The most effective reason to enter T3 back then was to use the transfer desk of some airline there.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes so this differs between terminals. You can enter T3 airside departures area on that basis, or others did it to use the lounges there, even when your bp is for a flight departing another terminal.

The difference is with T5 you can't do that. To go in to the airside departures area of T5 you do need a bp for a flight departing T5. So if arriving in T5 but departing T3 you can't go in the airside departures area of T5, and you can't use the lounges in T5.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT

Since this posting the rules have changed in the UK and the arrivals lounge is now closed again as people must self isolate until they get a negative day 2 or before test so no stroll around winter.

id suggest arriving, airside transfer to T3. Have a late lunch in Qantas lounge (squid if they have it) plus enjoy some ins from their gin bar then poodle to the BA lounge in T3 have a shower and a few drinks and some nibbles. Have a great trip.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 11:58 pm

No lounge in LHR can be better than Concorde Room
Old Jan 1, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
No lounge in LHR can be better than Concorde Room
Your user name says it all
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
LHR lounges reopening

Hi,

Reported on Londonairtravel.com

https://londonairtravel.com/2022/01/...dDjOvCALZNZWNQ

via the BA forum

BA lounges : COVID-19 closures and reopenings

The CX J and F lounges at LHR T3 are now open again!
(closing around 1730)
Regards

TBS
Carfield, SW7London and Lefly like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Reported on Londonairtravel.com

https://londonairtravel.com/2022/01/...dDjOvCALZNZWNQ

via the BA forum

BA lounges : COVID-19 closures and reopenings

The CX J and F lounges at LHR T3 are now open again!
(closing around 1730)
Regards

TBS
Thanks does anybody know if you require a negative test to enter the lounge? Singapore Airlines had this requirement when it reopened so would be interesting to know...hoping to visit next week!

I'll answer my own question, the Twitter chat team confirmed no COVID test is required to enter the lounge - at least, not right now. I guess this *may* change when they resume HK flights.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Last edited by celsdon; Jan 13, 2022 at 12:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.