Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Reviews:

First Class [by Genius1]

Business Class [by Genius1]

Business and First Lounges [by Corporate-Wage-Slave]

Business Class [by Jermyn]

First Class [by Jermyn]
First Class [by Rami Tamimi]

For menus in the lounge see here:

CX F Class Lounge menus
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2020, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by djsflynn
In fact the whole terminal is closed, CX has been relocated to LHR T2 (although I hear rumours that all Oneworld airlines may soon be re-relocated to T5).
Which is not better from a lounge perspective, as all BA lounges are currently closed.
Old May 26, 2020, 2:03 am

Indeed, primary if not sole benefit might be for connecting passengers.
Old May 26, 2020, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can anyone comment as to the status of this lounge these days? Is the buffet or noodle bar open? Is the F section open? I wonder if this is the end of the self-serve champagne/wine/spirits in the F section and the fridges of soft drinks on either side
no Lounge in LHR full stop for ALL airlines.
djsflynn likes this.
Old May 26, 2020, 3:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by londonexpert
no Lounge in LHR full stop for ALL airlines.
In fact there isn't a single lounge open in the UK airport network, I doubt it would be legal to do so until at least 4 July, and only a few in mainland Europe.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: QF Gold
LHR T2

Now that lounges have reopened, does anyone have any experience on which one CX are using at LHR T2?
Old Sep 28, 2020, 11:37 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
I last left T2 a couple of weeks ago and there was no CX lounge then. There is an Amex/Priority pass lounge on the ground floor of the airside area if you have cards that get you in there. I hadn't bothered to pack either of mine so I read my paper in the very nice coffee shop called the Perfectionists Cafe. I see now it's linked to Heston B, which may explain it. The terminal then was pretty quiet so it made no difference to me on the day.
wellsy likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 1:07 am

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
There will be an announcement on 01 Oct. Passengers will be able to use the Plaza Premium lounge in T2 from that date.
wellsy likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by Cassie55
There will be an announcement on 01 Oct. Passengers will be able to use the Plaza Premium lounge in T2 from that date.
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...um-lounge.html

Now updated on the CX website.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 6:17 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by chan_hkg
Any news about re-opening CX lounges around the world? Or specifically their lounge in T3 Heathrow?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by casey89
Any news about re-opening CX lounges around the world? Or specifically their lounge in T3 Heathrow?
No.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by minam
No.
nice, thanks for info
Old Nov 21, 2021, 2:52 pm

Alas, no – have been semi-regularly pinging CX PR about reopening dates for LHR but the pro-forma response boils down to "not yet, when we have an opening date we'll announce it."

FWIW, Qantas' Heathrow T3 lounge is now slated to reopen "in December" – potentially although not confirmed as December 18, which is when Sydney-London flights move to a daily frequency.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Alas, no – have been semi-regularly pinging CX PR about reopening dates for LHR but the pro-forma response boils down to "not yet, when we have an opening date we'll announce it."

FWIW, Qantas' Heathrow T3 lounge is now slated to reopen "in December" – potentially although not confirmed as December 18, which is when Sydney-London flights move to a daily frequency.
damn. i will be in T3 on Dec 16th. So the CX lounge will definitely be closed at this time so my only choice is the BA lounge in T3 which is one of the worst lounges at heathrow
Old Nov 21, 2021, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC KLM
damn. i will be in T3 on Dec 16th. So the CX lounge will definitely be closed at this time so my only choice is the BA lounge in T3 which is one of the worst lounges at heathrow
At this moment in time its a hundred tmes better than the CX one. They wont even offer you any vouchers or use of another lounge. They will however have included the cost of your use of the lounge into your ticket price.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Sorry -Deleted-

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Nov 22, 2021 at 11:28 am Reason: Info already provided

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.