Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Reviews:

First Class [by Genius1]

Business Class [by Genius1]

Business and First Lounges [by Corporate-Wage-Slave]

Business Class [by Jermyn]

First Class [by Jermyn]
First Class [by Rami Tamimi]

For menus in the lounge see here:

CX F Class Lounge menus
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by SamDubs
Morning all. Just to give you a heads-up that there are kitchen electrical issues at T3 CX lounges this morning so no hot breakfast is available at the moment.

I was given an invite to No. 1 lounge at check-in (not sure if this is usual or not) but obviously decided to come here anyway! There are still cereal/pastries/cold cuts etc.

My first visit here and very impressed nonetheless.
Well, this is what I mean that it's not about the issue, but how you solve the issue. Obviously it's not good that the hot food is not available, but the way they approached the situation by giving out an invite to No.1 is very impressive.

I can't remember anyone on FT mentioning that BA offered any alternatives (lounge/restaurant voucher),when their kitchen gets flooded every other week.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I visited this lounge for the first time today and was very impressed. It has all the hallmarks of the Hong Kong Lounges and is extremely inviting.

I had breakfast so the power was back on by the time I got there although they did mention it! It had champagne and some great tea - the blackberry and hibiscus was delicious (I think that was the 2 ingredients!).

Very impressed with T3 overall to be honest - I would happily travel back through here!

Aks120
Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:41 am

Thanks for the comments folks. I'll pop in around 3ish before it gets too busy. I almost feel guilty using the CX lounge when travelling BA.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Thanks for the comments folks. I'll pop in around 3ish before it gets too busy. I almost feel guilty using the CX lounge when travelling BA.
Why? It is a stunningly better lounge that the poor BA offering.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:00 pm

Well I guess because if I was a CX passenger I'd be a bit miffed if the lounge was rammed because all AA and BA SC, GCHs and premium pax were choosing the CX lounge over their "own".

Not my problem, I know.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Well I guess because if I was a CX passenger I'd be a bit miffed if the lounge was rammed because all AA and BA SC, GCHs and premium pax were choosing the CX lounge over their "own".

Not my problem, I know.
That's the way OW Lounge access has been designed. And CX gets paid for all the non-CX pax that come through. Because of this, they are able to build larger lounges, and provide more amenities to all pax, including the CX ones.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Hi Guys,

I'll be visiting this lounge at 13:00 on Thursday (J class) and wanted to know how busy it will be at this time? I'm intending to get some work done, shower and have a late lunch after a few conference calls.

Has anyone tried the dim sum?? (big fan)

Judging from the credentialed review, those green chairs with high walls seem to be the best location for setting up 'camp'.

Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:35 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I think you'll find the green chairs with the walls are in the business class side of the lounge. 1pm is not usually a busy time for CX in London. Not sure about these days since it's become THE lounge to go to.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sxc
I think you'll find the green chairs with the walls are in the business class side of the lounge. 1pm is not usually a busy time for CX in London. Not sure about these days since it's become THE lounge to go to.
Thanks SXC, i was hoping to beat the 'rush'!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:00 pm

Mrs machotspur and I are really looking forward to visiting the F lounge for breakfast at around 7am this coming Sunday. (We are flying BA to MIA but obviously would like to experience the CX lounge rather than the old BA Galleries F).

I am guessing that as it's a Sunday it won't be too busy at this time - am I correct in this assumption ?

Thanks so much for any info.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by machotspur
Mrs machotspur and I are really looking forward to visiting the F lounge for breakfast at around 7am this coming Sunday. (We are flying BA to MIA but obviously would like to experience the CX lounge rather than the old BA Galleries F).

I am guessing that as it's a Sunday it won't be too busy at this time - am I correct in this assumption ?

Thanks so much for any info.
Note that the lounge only opens at 7:30 on sundays.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:12 pm

Question T3 arrival to T5 departure

If I am arriving in T3, and have a long layover, can I use this lounge before heading to T5? (OWS) After being on a plane for 9 hour, would like to try this lounge and shower before heading to T5.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Mile-a-holic
If I am arriving in T3, and have a long layover, can I use this lounge before heading to T5? (OWS) After being on a plane for 9 hour, would like to try this lounge and shower before heading to T5.
No.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: Some
New All Day menu in the First Dining Room at the weekend

Asparagus dish below:

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Mar 7, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:27 am

Here's the breakfast I had on 26 February 2017:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.