Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Reviews:

First Class [by Genius1]

Business Class [by Genius1]

Business and First Lounges [by Corporate-Wage-Slave]

Business Class [by Jermyn]

First Class [by Jermyn]
First Class [by Rami Tamimi]

For menus in the lounge see here:

CX F Class Lounge menus
Print Wikipost

New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Layman
It's a typo. Just corrected.
OK, then yes, I think you'll have to leave it until a future travel occasion, a T5 boarding pass will only get you into a T5 lounge - or the third party lounges elsewhere in LHR. Have a good visit to London in the meantime.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:34 am

QF 1st access?

Hi All,

Many thanks for reading, first of all - I do appreciate it. Apologies, too, if this sounds like an obtuse question or one that has done the rounds a bit, but I ask it for the sake of my Aussie better half who is about to fly Qantas F to SYD at the end of the month:

Do QF F passengers get access to this renovated CX First lounge in T-3?

I ask mainly as I have read conflicting things:

• On OneMileAtATime yesterday I noticed the following:

"As a reminder, you have access to this lounge if any of the following are true, provided you’re departing from T3:

First and Business Class passengers of Cathay Pacific
Silver or above Marco Polo Club members
Sapphire or Emerald oneworld members"

But then, in the comments section beneath the article, someone had posted a contrary view about access policy to the lounge sourced directly from Cathay's own website:

"First Class passengers

Departure First Class lounge:
Cathay Pacific or Cathay Dragon First Class Passenger + 1 guest
oneworld carrier First Class Passenger + 1 guest"

So, I wasn't quite sure who was right?

I was personally under the impression that Qantas First Class passengers would be granted access? But now I am not so sure...

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Again, thanks for reading.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Scoob72
Hi All,

Many thanks for reading, first of all - I do appreciate it. Apologies, too, if this sounds like an obtuse question or one that has done the rounds a bit, but I ask it for the sake of my Aussie better half who is about to fly Qantas F to SYD at the end of the month:

Do QF F passengers get access to this renovated CX First lounge in T-3?

I ask mainly as I have read conflicting things:

• On OneMileAtATime yesterday I noticed the following:

"As a reminder, you have access to this lounge if any of the following are true, provided you’re departing from T3:

First and Business Class passengers of Cathay Pacific
Silver or above Marco Polo Club members
Sapphire or Emerald oneworld members"

But then, in the comments section beneath the article, someone had posted a contrary view about access policy to the lounge sourced directly from Cathay's own website:

"First Class passengers

Departure First Class lounge:
Cathay Pacific or Cathay Dragon First Class Passenger + 1 guest
oneworld carrier First Class Passenger + 1 guest"

So, I wasn't quite sure who was right?

I was personally under the impression that Qantas First Class passengers would be granted access? But now I am not so sure...

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Again, thanks for reading.
OW F flyers will have access if the flight is marketed and operated by a OW carrier and departing from, or connecting to another OW flight in T3 from the OW F flight.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:28 pm

Teemuflyer -- many thanks for this. I genuinely appreciate it.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:10 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
In the first class lounge now - very impressive. As a Concorde Room cardholder I will be moving my TATLs to AA - the CX lounge is light years ahead of the Concorde Room. Empty this morning but unlikely to stay empty for long
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Some of the BA routes are very short, notably HAJ (Hannover) and LUX (Luxembourg). The latter is airborne for barely 40 minutes, and both locations are possible as a back-to-back trip.
For anyone else considering this, HAJ now departs from T5.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:07 pm

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold Passport. Whats a good Star Alliance option in Asia?
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
A visit to the new Cathay Pacific Lounge, London Heathrow Terminal 3.
30 November 2016.

Just a few notes and photographs about my visit earlier today to the new Cathay Pacific lounge at LHR T3.
Thanks for the pictures. It looks very very much like the CX lounge in TPE...same (I mean, same same) paneling, sofas, tables, lamps...
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by alexdown
Thanks for the pictures. It looks very very much like the CX lounge in TPE...same (I mean, same same) paneling, sofas, tables, lamps...
Except LHR has Dan-Dan. Notably missing from TPE lounge the other day.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:01 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by alexdown
I was in the BKK lounge the other day and thinking the same thing. On the one hand there is now lounge consistency, but this also means for a bit of a boring experience.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:11 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by sxc
I was in the BKK lounge the other day and thinking the same thing. On the one hand there is now lounge consistency, but this also means for a bit of a boring experience.
x3 by the time I got to YVR also. Except no bar there for the missus's fill of Cathay Delight.

We even had the Dandan noodles "sauce too thin".
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
I was there yesterday and have posted a number of photos and videos to instagram (link in my sig)

Wow. Amazing. The F lounge utterly destroys the CCR.
It genuinely has the feel of an opulent private members' club, where the CCR feels like a dank cafeteria by comparison (one decorated in rather poor taste at that).

The J lounge was, if anything, even more impressive given the level of lounges it is competing against in LHR. This is orders of magnitude better than any other J lounge in Europe, with the exception of the VS clubhouse (funnily enough, also located in LHR T3).

The fact that the bar is being raised this high is a genuinely exciting prospect. I hope others will follow, it seems that QF has every intention of doing so in the near term.

I will be posting a full review to my website in the next week and will be sure to let you all know when it's up.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
Originally Posted by Jermyn

The J lounge was, if anything, even more impressive given the level of lounges it is competing against in LHR. This is orders of magnitude better than any other J lounge in Europe, with the exception of the VS clubhouse (funnily enough, also located in LHR T3).
If you had to spend several hours would you rank this better than LHR VS lounge, about the same, or not as good?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by percysmith
x3 by the time I got to YVR also. Except no bar there for the missus's fill of Cathay Delight.

We even had the Dandan noodles "sauce too thin".
The pictures makes it look pretty much exactly like the new Cathay YVR J/F lounge - which is a good thing!

Is this my best option for a lounge as a OW Sapphire flying in J through LHR? I have to transit T3-T5 in two weeks anyway so I might as well stop by it and take a shower and have breakfast.

Or is there a different OW J lounge (or a PP lounge) that beats this one out?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by Development
If you had to spend several hours would you rank this better than LHR VS lounge, about the same, or not as good?
An interesting question. My first ever TR, many years ago, was for an upper class flight on VS and I absolutely loved it.

The clubhouse is very fun, in the summer the terrace is amazing for spotting planes. The Eames furniture is also great plus you get free haircuts and spa treatments.

Given that I'm now a little more strategic in my flying patterns, it has been really long since I last flew VS and I had forgotten how good the clubhouse is.

Overall, I prefer it to the new CX J lounge. I think there are honestly very few F lounges that compare. I'd certainly rather spend time in the clubhouse than the CCR, BKK TG F, NRT NH F...

Still, the new CX J lounge has a more elegant and comfortable feel. It is relaxing where the clubhouse is stimulating. I'd certainly be happy to spend 3+ hours in either

Originally Posted by Smiley90
The pictures makes it look pretty much exactly like the new Cathay YVR J/F lounge - which is a good thing!

Is this my best option for a lounge as a OW Sapphire flying in J through LHR? I have to transit T3-T5 in two weeks anyway so I might as well stop by it and take a shower and have breakfast.

Or is there a different OW J lounge (or a PP lounge) that beats this one out?
There are no OW or PP lounges that come close in LHR. Any OWS now flying BA TATL ex-T5 rather than taking an AA 777 and the CX lounge ex-T3 is a masochist
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:09 am
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
Originally Posted by Jermyn
An interesting question. My first ever TR, many years ago, was for an upper class flight on VS and I absolutely loved it.

The clubhouse is very fun, in the summer the terrace is amazing for spotting planes. The Eames furniture is also great plus you get free haircuts and spa treatments.

Given that I'm now a little more strategic in my flying patterns, it has been really long since I last flew VS and I had forgotten how good the clubhouse is.

Overall, I prefer it to the new CX J lounge. I think there are honestly very few F lounges that compare. I'd certainly rather spend time in the clubhouse than the CCR, BKK TG F, NRT NH F...

Still, the new CX J lounge has a more elegant and comfortable feel. It is relaxing where the clubhouse is stimulating. I'd certainly be happy to spend 3+ hours in either

There are no OW or PP lounges that come close in LHR. Any OWS now flying BA TATL ex-T5 rather than taking an AA 777 and the CX lounge ex-T3 is a masochist
Thanks upcoming trip and could take either CX or VS with friend who has never flown in business. Similarly, haven't been in LHR lounge is some time. For some reason I associate VS lounge being busier/energetic while the CX lounge quiet/calm and elegant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.