Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Changes to MPC announced for 15 Apr 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Related threads:

What are the best value segments under the new system?

Switching out of Marco Polo: What do you choose and why?

FAQs as answered by AgencyGuy:

When will the mid-tier benefits be awarded?
They will be awarded as the member hits the mid-tier milestone. Not at the end of the membership year. These will be valid for a year commencing the day they are granted. No points are deduced when members are awarded these benefits.

Does that mean a member reaching 1800 tier points will get all three mid-tier benefits?
Yes, each benefit will be made available as the member hits the 1400, 1600 and 1800 point milestones

What mid-tier benefits will be awarded as of the conversion date of 15 April 2016?
The mid-tier benefits will kick in automatically after 15th April, if your converted club points balance exceeds the mid-tier thresholds. So for a Diamond tier member, if your converted balance is 1800 points you will immediately have access to two first class lounge guest passes, four bookable upgrades and one companion Gold card.

A Gold member on his/her way to Diamond pick up four short/medium upgrades along the way, but a renewing Diamond gets nothing?
You are correct, Silver, Gold or Diamond members on their way to renewal, don’t get additional benefits until they reach the mid-tier thresholds. But they will get there, I guess the benefits are designed to recognize members who go the extra mile after they have passed their renewal thresholds.

Is there any requirement on the underlying booking sub-classes when using a mid-tier upgrade "coupon"?
Yes, the original flight needs to be booked in an “upgradable” sub-class, the same sub-classes that qualify for Asia Miles upgrades

Is economy upgraded to Premium Economy or business for flights with Premium Economy?
It is always a one class upgrade so Economy to Premium Economy, if a flight does not have Premium Economy then the upgrade is to Business.

Are the sub-classes for the upgraded bookings A, I, and E (if applicable)?
I don’t know what these subclasses are yet other than that they will be revenue instead of redemption sub-classes. I guess they will be announced later.

What miles will be awarded for a flight upgraded using a upgrade coupon? The original ticket class, or the upgraded class?
I understand that both points and miles will be credited based on the upgraded class.

Green Re-Qualification
For Green members, if their membership year ends before 15 April 2016, like now, their membership will automatically be renewed. If their membership ends after 15 April and they have ANY club points at that time, they will be automatically renewed for another year (even if they are below 100 pts). If their membership ends after 15 April and they have no club points at that time, they will lose their Green membership or have the option of paying the US$100 fee to renew.
Print Wikipost

Changes to MPC announced for 15 Apr 2016

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 5:39 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Now for the guests we brought into lounge, they required to be flying OW, so I guess everyone needs to show the boarding pass when entering the lounge?

We used to be like the Kings at HKIA, can enter so many different lounges with 2 guests regardless who we fly, and can take anyone flying with anyone into F lounges as long as they happened to be in the airport same time with me. And it seems those benefits are all gone.
The rule has always been that your guests need to be flying oneworld airlines. They haven't always been good at checking upon entry. Maybe they will be more strict as of today.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by Daffie
Did you seriously think CX/MPO was joking this time and not planning to downgrade GR members this time?? It was already pretty clear from the announcement, and even reconfirmed by the "Helping you transition" email.

Your 0.98MM is meaningless and irrelevant.
Originally Posted by christep
Why not? They haven't kicked me out for the last several years when I didn't meet the renewal requirement, so why should I be sure that this year will be any different? But I don't care either way (CX Green is of no value anyway since my rare flights these days are generally redemption F), but I note purely out of curiosity that different people seem to have got different emails.

And if MPC were truly a loyalty programme, rather than simply a short-term rewards programme, then my 0.98M Club Miles would be relevant.
Well, interestingly, I am still apparently a Green member until April 2017 despite having had zero flight activity in the last 12 months.

I wonder if this is a withdrawal by CX from their previous stated position on a general basis, or something more case by case?

I also notice that the "Total Miles since joining" figure is still recorded on my account.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:44 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by christep
Well, interestingly, I am still apparently a Green member until April 2017 despite having had zero flight activity in the last 12 months.

I wonder if this is a withdrawal by CX from their previous stated position on a general basis, or something more case by case?

I also notice that the "Total Miles since joining" figure is still recorded on my account.
I suspect for green there is a grace period for the first year.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by soonyeap
I see the same page, lol.

Where to check our mid tier benefits ?
Ah... now mid tier benefits hv been added. ^
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:01 am

And i wonder if i reset early after 1800cp, and when i get to 1800cp in another 6 months, do i get additional set of mid tier benefits? Or i need to redeem all unused benefits that i obtained earlier first ?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:01 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

We don't know if they will allow early reset in the future.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by uktraveller212
Just read the terms. One of which is:

''Bookable Upgrades are not eligible for use in conjunction with Asia Miles flight upgrades and companion rewards''

This rules out double upgrades (e.g. R-U-F), right? Also, I presume straight redemptions can't be upgraded either us U is excluded from eligible upgradeable fare classes.

Any foreseeable loopholes?
Originally Posted by JWo
Details on Bookable Upgrades. Confirmation that they book into Revenue fare buckets - BUT requires the same fare class as Asia Mile upgrades before they can be applied:

"Requested flight must have confirmed booking and ticket issued on eligible fare classes.

Subject to seat availability Economy fare classes Y, B, H, K, and M will be upgraded to Premium Economy fare class E. If Premium Economy cabin is not available on the flight, ticket will be upgraded to Business Class fare class I.
Subject to seat availability Premium Economy fare classes W and R will be upgraded to Business Class fare class I.
Subject to seat availability Business Class fare classes J, C, D and I will be upgraded to First Class fare class A."
E and I can't use miles to upgrade

You also can't use bookable upgrade on U, T and X

So so far can't see any loophole
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Mafai
Same here, made a bunch of bookings today. Going to miss the guarantee seat the most too. Farewell, you're gonna be missed.

Don't think there's a limit to amount you can hold. I've held different bookings with same flights and they never cancelled me.
Only possible downside is fare table may change during the holding period and your ticket price will be determined by the fare table at time of ticketing...
Old Apr 15, 2016, 1:06 pm

membership holiday requires 7-90 days notice and cannot be cancel during the 12 months period but you can set duration of the holiday max 12 months
Old Apr 15, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I have found with the new chart, there are more economy ticket classes I can now earn on JL, though there are number in there that says there are subclasses I only earn 1 or 3 CP. If I'm doing 1200 flights a year on JL, you can sure I will be a JL member.

I guess I just don't have mid-tier benefits.

Last edited by alphaod; Apr 15, 2016 at 1:47 pm
Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:53 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

The wiki will need to be updated. If anyone wants to contribute please do:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...burn-faqs.html
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Just to report - Flights I took between 12-14APR were credited based on the new scheme as they were posted on 15APR or after. I called the MPO Beijing line telling them it's unfair, as the new scheme should only apply to flights taken post-15APR. A supervisor called back saying they are now aware of the issue and would call me back again before 01MAY but refused to promise that the adjustment will be made.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Just to report - Flights I took between 12-14APR were credited based on the new scheme as they were posted on 15APR or after. I called the MPO Beijing line telling them it's unfair, as the new scheme should only apply to flights taken post-15APR. A supervisor called back saying they are now aware of the issue and would call me back again before 01MAY but refused to promise that the adjustment will be made.
I'm counting on old flights crediting under new system. There are a few flights I've taken where I will benefit from the new system so for those I didn't put my MPC number on the booking and have now submitted claims for missing mileage.

For example PVG sectors in I class which now earn 25 points but before earned less than 1000 Club Miles.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by midlevels
I'm counting on old flights crediting under new system. There are a few flights I've taken where I will benefit from the new system so for those I didn't put my MPC number on the booking and have now submitted claims for missing mileage.

For example PVG sectors in I class which now earn 25 points but before earned less than 1000 Club Miles.
I think this would be messy...

I filed a RT HKG-SIN flight claim in C... Today they credited me 1990 asia miles, but zero club points. Yes, ZERO, not even the direct converted points (20 based on miles, 18.75 based on sector), not to say that based on the new system (30 club points)

I believe they have a long long way to get such thing fixed
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by sscywong
I think this would be messy...

I filed a RT HKG-SIN flight claim in C... Today they credited me 1990 asia miles, but zero club points. Yes, ZERO, not even the direct converted points (20 based on miles, 18.75 based on sector), not to say that based on the new system (30 club points)

I believe they have a long long way to get such thing fixed
Update: Seems they are really enforcing "starting from flights departing on 15 Apr"

Now calling HK MPC, the agent said in the system he saw the system credited 1990 club miles and 1.25 club sector into my account... But don't know why it's not converted into club points.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.