BA AMS lounge permanently closed

Old Mar 24, 2023, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
No, it doesn't appear to be self-service.

And there was a queue to get in when I passed and took those photos (so at least that part of the Aspire Lounge 41 experience has been replicated)
Currently in Cafe Flor. What food there is is self service, tea and coffee is provided by the woman behind the bar. The aspire lounge wasn't up to much, and neither is this place.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Agent69
Currently in Cafe Flor. What food there is is self service, tea and coffee is provided by the woman behind the bar. The aspire lounge wasn't up to much, and neither is this place.
so no other wine, soft drinks etc? Or the bar handles that too.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Gold
I was in the "temporary lounge" yeaterday. Basically same food offering as you got in the old aspire lounge. All self service. For drinks there were some things self service, and others from the bar person. Soft drinks were served by the bar person for example.

Tldr; it's basically the same offering as the old aspire lounge. Just minus the toilets, showers and somehow a more uncomfortable/less relaxing space.
adrianlondon and HadesNL like this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by a380fan
I was in the "temporary lounge" yeaterday. Basically same food offering as you got in the old aspire lounge. All self service. For drinks there were some things self service, and others from the bar person. Soft drinks were served by the bar person for example.
There’s food? Lucky you! Some stale bread and questionable looking salad right now. Someone asked for crisps or nuts, and they said they ran out. Delayed flights so no seats for the first 30 mins I was here. Harassed-looking staff avoiding eye contact with people looking for drinks. Self pour is only wine (there’s a quarter bottle of screw top cab sav left if you’re quick!) and some random spirits, but no mixers or anything non-alcoholic. Floor is wet, sticky and slippery, like Clapham Infernos c.3am

First world problems, I know, but it’s all a bit rubbish for a BA outstation with 15 flights today, more than half of which were delayed. Give me the curiously smoke-filled, yet allegedly non-smoking, Preslav or Pliska at Sofia any day…
Old Mar 24, 2023, 1:48 pm

Well food, as much as there was food in the old aspire lounge. I may have been lucky on the availability though. It was crowded when I was there though had to share a table with someone. But tbh the lounge wasn't much better.

Not sure we can really hold BA accountable here, there isn't really any other option. It's better then them simply saying no lounge for a while.

I've never really understood why AMS is so lounge poor. Kinda feel bad for those booked in say Emirates First Class, where the Aspire lounge was all they are getting 😅

Kinda feel Schiphol needs to encourage more lounge availability non-schengen side.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 12:14 am

I"m flying SQ J in May and just discovered about the Aspire lounge being closed and subsequently this thread. SQ website only says Café Frames, Lounge 2 on the Mezzanine floor behind Starbucks. It will be interesting to see if we can access either. Frames also shows as closed on Schiphol website and so I assume is solely now a "lounge".
Old Mar 26, 2023, 6:28 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Not to steal the spotlights away from the BA-situation...

​​​​aussiedisneyfan according to https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...unges/partner/

Singapore Airlines offeres as Aspire T3 lounge substitution the option:
as you mention "Café Frames"
AND the Privium Lounge (west) for their most premium FFP-members "PPS-Club"
(so no passengers holding other airlines Star Alliance Gold status or just plain Singapore Airlines Business Class passengers)

The friendly folks in the KLM Forum under thread Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
Might be able to shed more light/insights on the actual situation: i remember it had been discussed there too

EDIT: if SQ mentions " café Frames", i bet it will be that option only, as to lower trample damage & influx to "café flor"
They need to divide the crowds otherwise to manage to flow...

Last edited by HadesNL; Mar 26, 2023 at 6:34 am
Old Mar 26, 2023, 8:03 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Royal Jordanian which previously offered the aspire lounge , also now offers frames in Ams
HadesNL likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:32 pm

Thanks for the think to the other thread, I will have a read.

My mistake about thinking I had access to Frames and Flor. It was the aspire website that said either. Alas I’m not a PPS member to use Privium. ☺️
HadesNL likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Originally Posted by statsman
Visited the “lounge” this evening. Seems to be the aspire lounge but in the cafe. Slightly more limited selection of food and drinks compared with what was available before but actually a lot quieter, though could be due to the time of my visit.

from the signage it appeared they were admitting the same range of passengers as before so not sure what this would be like during the day!!

Well I’m in here at present sp 9am. It’s relatively quiet at present. They were turning away lounge card holders & only allowing airline customers in when I arrived about 20mins back. Service fairly quick. Nothing special but Ok
HadesNL likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Possibly already reported on FT but I read today that the lounge formally known as Aspire will reopen on 1st July.

I've no idea if it will still be Aspire nor whether it will be the default ONEWORLD lounge.

Can anyone offer and further detail?
HadesNL likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 7:35 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thanks for the update !

in time for the holiday rush -
will be interesting if it will a open plan seating for all eligable
or to control the flow (occupancy / fire regulations)
designated seperate areas for First/Business | Status | Loungemembership/prioritypass
Old Apr 17, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
I was in Flor yesterday. Fine for a hour, busy but not overcrowded, salad, cheese ham and some warm sausage rolls, cheese rolls on offer. Wines and spirits self service; but a serious word of warning. The worst red wine ever ( and I include Egypt and Myanmar on my sampling list) ... avoid the Romanian melot as if your leg depends upon it.

Lounge keeper was very sceptical that the refurb would be finished on time.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by wb1969
Possibly already reported on FT but I read today that the lounge formally known as Aspire will reopen on 1st July.

I've no idea if it will still be Aspire nor whether it will be the default ONEWORLD lounge.

Can anyone offer and further detail?
Out of curiosity why would you think there would be a oneworld lounge? Don't get me wrong would be amazing, curious whether you've heard anything.

Admittedly I would be surprised, there's a lot of non-oneworld airlines that use the aspire lounge.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by dnajockey
I was in Flor yesterday. Wines and spirits self service; but a serious word of warning. The worst red wine ever ( and I include Egypt and Myanmar on my sampling list) ... avoid the Romanian melot as if your leg depends upon it.
Thanks for the heads up on this. Really appreciate it, although I might try a sip just to see how vile it actually is...Will report back in a fortnight if I don't end up in hospital getting stomach pumped!😂

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.