BA AMS lounge permanently closed

Old May 31, 2023, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Not much to see atm, but it does appear things are being done in the finer ba lounge space
Curiously the two chairs that you can see in this photo (the grey armchair and the yellow-ish cafe chair) are the latest BA standard chairs and were not, to my recollection, part of the BA lounge decor pre-closure. It's also telling that the speedmarque at the entrance has been covered up, but not removed. This could indicate that BA are getting ready to re-open the lounge.
KARFA and Delboy65 like this.
Old May 31, 2023, 3:53 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by a380fan
Pretty sure the BA lounge has always been a priority pass lounge, and its still stated as temporarily closed. I would guess this is a case that it's not removed from priority pass website more than anything. But would be happy to be proven wrong.
The BA lounge wasn't a PP lounge. Only the Aspire lounge next door.
EuropeanPete and HadesNL like this.
Old May 31, 2023, 10:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The BA lounge wasn't a PP lounge. Only the Aspire lounge next door.
The BA Lounge was a PP lounge, it joined the programme about 12 months before it closed.
lsquare, HadesNL and SxMan like this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 12:31 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I remembered when the BA lounge was open and still servicing the 767 etc.... no priority pass affiliation
Yet it offered the delicious combo of the tasty Bifi sausages and unlimited chocomel....
It had to compete with the AMS JAL Sakura lounge back then and entice US Airways Envoy Business Class passengers ....(so guess how old i am ) alliances were not that firm yet .....

Afterwards no more AMS JAL Sakura Lounge,
no 767, no more Bifi, no more chocomel and suddenly priority pass holders...
Koru Flyer and SxMan like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Jun 1, 2023 at 12:36 am
Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
So I know the BA lounge is closed. I do have a PP. What are my options when flying OW airlines at AMS?
Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:10 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The BA Lounge was a PP lounge, it joined the programme about 12 months before it closed.
Apologies - I didn't realise that.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HadesNL
I remembered when the BA lounge was open and still servicing the 767 etc.... no priority pass affiliation
Yet it offered the delicious combo of the tasty Bifi sausages and unlimited chocomel....
It had to compete with the AMS JAL Sakura lounge back then and entice US Airways Envoy Business Class passengers ....(so guess how old i am ) alliances were not that firm yet .....

Afterwards no more AMS JAL Sakura Lounge,
no 767, no more Bifi, no more chocomel and suddenly priority pass holders...
Are you trying to tell us that you're old?
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by lsquare
So I know the BA lounge is closed. I do have a PP. What are my options when flying OW airlines at AMS?
I've not heard of Aspire being back in operation, so I think it's only Cafe Flor [located at the bifurcation of the D pier on the non-Schengen side]. As a temporary solution, I don't think they were taking PP entrants but only guests eligible through cabin or status from the specific airlines they're serving. Things might have changed though - I haven't flown oneworld out of Schiphol in a while.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by etiene
I've not heard of Aspire being back in operation, so I think it's only Cafe Flor [located at the bifurcation of the D pier on the non-Schengen side]. As a temporary solution, I don't think they were taking PP entrants but only guests eligible through cabin or status from the specific airlines they're serving. Things might have changed though - I haven't flown oneworld out of Schiphol in a while.
So where do all the OWS and OWE people go at AMS?
Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
So where do all the OWS and OWE people go at AMS?
As explained in the quote and upthread: Caf Flor. This is usually a caf in D, and remains laid out like one, but right now it's not doing its usual trading, it's purely a lounge in terms of admission. And that includes OWS and OWE.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
As explained in the quote and upthread: Caf Flor. This is usually a caf in D, and remains laid out like one, but right now it's not doing its usual trading, it's purely a lounge in terms of admission. And that includes OWS and OWE.
I was under the impression that it's closed so that's why I asked the question...

What do you mean by purely as a lounge? As an OWE, I'm guaranteed access, right? Any food and beverages?
Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Delboy65

Any local update?
Nothing has changed. The BA Lounge is still closed; the Aspire lounge is still undergoing work; and the Cafe Flor/Frames substitutes are still accepting the relevant passengers/customers in its place.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I was under the impression that it's closed so that's why I asked the question...

What do you mean by purely as a lounge? As an OWE, I'm guaranteed access, right? Any food and beverages?
I think the information is all upthread, but the summary is that the BA lounge closed, and we were sent to Aspire next door. Aspire is now being refurbished so is temporarily closed (maybe involving integrating the former BA lounge). In its place is Caf Flor which was open last week when I used it. OWE never have guaranteed access to any lounge, but the 99% plus position is that they can use Caf Flor where a limited range of food, and a less limited range of drink, is available.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold

What do you mean by purely as a lounge?
Meaning that is is no longer operating as a cafe as it normally does (serving pay-as-you-go food and drinks to anyone who wants to stop in) but is operating purely as a lounge, i.e. only admitting customers with the necessary credentials.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by dnajockey
I was in Flor yesterday. Fine for a hour, busy but not overcrowded, salad, cheese ham and some warm sausage rolls, cheese rolls on offer. Wines and spirits self service; but a serious word of warning. The worst red wine ever ( and I include Egypt and Myanmar on my sampling list) ... avoid the Romanian melot as if your leg depends upon it.

Lounge keeper was very sceptical that the refurb would be finished on time.
I did go to try the aforesaid red last month, but a Heineken engineer who had been working on the beer taps and observed me lifting the bottle, stopped me and wouldn't let me try it as he handed me a freshly poured beer!😂 😂
Delboy65 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.