Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA AMS lounge permanently closed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Phlyer2
Should the thread title be changed as it's now open again?
There has been some discussion about this, and yes a new thread will be created. My feeling is that once Flyertalkers come up with their impressions - that would be a good time. Rather than relying on external bloggers, in other words. I've been to lounge launches where an amazing buffet of food and drink is laid out, for the items never to be seen again.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There has been some discussion about this, and yes a new thread will be created. My feeling is that once Flyertalkers come up with their impressions - that would be a good time. Rather than relying on external bloggers, in other words. I've been to lounge launches where an amazing buffet of food and drink is laid out, for the items never to be seen again.
Sound logic there. So the race is now on for the first FT review to kick start a new Schiphol oneworld lounge thread 😃
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I’ll be in there in the morning - let’s see if the Veuve Clicquot remains tomorrow!
Old Feb 21, 2024, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Prospero
Sound logic there. So the race is now on for the first FT review to kick start a new Schiphol oneworld lounge thread 😃
Originally Posted by Phlyer2
Should the thread title be changed as it's now open again?
Amsterdam (AMS) Schiphol oneworld Lounge

I have created the thread.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 3:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by lsquare
Amsterdam (AMS) Schiphol oneworld Lounge

I have created the thread.
OK, but that's in the airport lounges forum, which is for lounges not allied to airlines - typically Priority Pass lounges. Airline lounges, such as this one, belong in the airline forums. This lounge will be overwhelmingly used by BA passengers. If you wait for a day or so there will surely be some content to read in this forum, rather than a subject title.
etiene likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
OK, but that's in the airport lounges forum, which is for lounges not allied to airlines - typically Priority Pass lounges. Airline lounges, such as this one, belong in the airline forums. This lounge will be overwhelmingly used by BA passengers. If you wait for a day or so there will surely be some content to read in this forum, rather than a subject title.
Can you please move the thread over to the BA forum then?
Old Feb 21, 2024, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Can you please move the thread over to the BA forum then?
Let's just wait until tomorrow please. We can expect some content then, and thus something to read. It's easy enough to start a thread, but only makes sense if there is something to read. I hope you will be going to AMS before too long, and thus can put your content online too.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by hmv
Looking at the photos of the Aspire lounge, actually something I notice: the kitchen moved much more to the middle, does that mean that they operate a joint kitchen for both the Aspire and Oneworld lounge, which might result in the same food options at both locations.
Same kitchen and, for the 2 opening parties today at least, same food.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 2:45 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
A full set of official images are available for download via the Oneworld press release:

Oneworld
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 3:56 am

Is it time to close this thread, the title is now misleading/inaccurate?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:10 am

Programs: BA GGL
And, as you said, no Veuve Clicquot or cocktails today!

I've posted a review in a new thread; hopefully the mods can do their magic.
alex67500 and fluffymitten like this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Here is the link to the new thread: Now open: Amsterdam Schiphol's new oneworld lounge

We can now close this thread

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
HadesNL, alex67500 and EDDLEGLL like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.