BA AMS lounge permanently closed

Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:25 am

Not lounge related, but I was wondering. Being that Schiphol is an enormous walkway airside, do you have to go through the right departure point? Departures 3 (the one BA use) is all the way to the left when you arrive, and the D12+ gates BA use are then a long walk back to the right. Looking here: Schiphol map it seems Departures 2 would be far more convenient and avoid a nine mile detour. If hand baggage only, any experience of scanning the BP at Departures 2 and is it quicker / where do you pop out? (Departures 1 is Schengen).
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, KLM Flying Blue Gold, IHG Platinum, HIlton Diamond, Shangri-La Diamond, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Phlyer2
Not lounge related, but I was wondering. Being that Schiphol is an enormous walkway airside, do you have to go through the right departure point? Departures 3 (the one BA use) is all the way to the left when you arrive, and the D12+ gates BA use are then a long walk back to the right. Looking here: Schiphol map it seems Departures 2 would be far more convenient and avoid a nine mile detour. If hand baggage only, any experience of scanning the BP at Departures 2 and is it quicker / where do you pop out? (Departures 1 is Schengen).
yes you can, it brings you out in the middle of the shopping area and a much shorter walk to the D gates
SxMan, drwook and Phlyer2 like this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 6:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by KARFA
Wasn’t that aspire lounge the only non Schengen pp lounge? I think it would be odd to have a oneworld branded lounge where so many of the patrons were not on oneworld.
Maybe not, if the purpose is to advertise oneworld to potential customers at a competitor alliance hub? No need to advertise it at LHR…

And on the topic of the AMS lounge provisions specifically, what is there now for BA flyers, and where is it located?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 10:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by salut0
And on the topic of the AMS lounge provisions specifically, what is there now for BA flyers, and where is it located?
cafe flor, near where the D pier splits around D7
salut0 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
cafe flor, near where the D pier splits around D7
We will be flying from there, at the end of April. So, I have been looking into this. The website https://www.schiphol.nl/en/at-schiph...ies/cafe-flor/ and https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=AMS both state that Cafe Flor is 'Temporarily closed'. Is this not the case?

Also, ON lounge search shows A
spire Lounge (No.26) as an option. Is this true?

As always, I appreciate your assistance.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:56 am

Café Flor is closed as it being used as the temporary (and very average) lounge - i.e. joe public can't go in.
salut0 and KARFA like this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Radtel
We will be flying from there, at the end of April. So, I have been looking into this. The website https://www.schiphol.nl/en/at-schiph...ies/cafe-flor/ and https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=AMS both state that Cafe Flor is 'Temporarily closed'. Is this not the case?

Also, ON lounge search shows A
spire Lounge (No.26) as an option. Is this true?

As always, I appreciate your assistance.
It is an option IF flying on Iberia (Schengen zone).
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just made it into Cafe Flor. It's only half full today, every time I've been here on a Sunday it's packed. Am I lucky or are people going elsewhere now!?

Cleaning seems to be an issue with half the tables being covered in empty glasses, reminiscence of nuts (great being a nut allergy sufferer - but that's just a personal issue) however the staff behind the bar are very attentive which is a plus. Food selection is relatively good today, cold salads and warm rolls, cheeses etc. However if you'd like cucumber in your salad, you will need someone to help as currently all 7 of them on the shelf are still wrapped in their plastic! I know, I'm just being picky.

Whilst it's improved a bit over my numerous visits, I'm really hoping the new lounge offering (if it ever comes) is worth the wait. I did ask about any news on the new lounge but jokingly was told 'secret' with tongue in cheek! Until next time.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Cafe Flor still in operation but some of the (limited) food choices seem to have been enhanced away. This morning no pancakes, no chocolate brownies. Busy and very limited available seating. No update from the staff on the refurbished lounge opening.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 11:35 am

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
Flying to AMS in March - assuming lounge not open by then (pigs might fly) do you need a voucher for Cafe Flor from check in or do they just accept your BP?
Old Feb 8, 2024, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Platinum, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by beamac
Flying to AMS in March - assuming lounge not open by then (pigs might fly) do you need a voucher for Cafe Flor from check in or do they just accept your BP?
They accepted just my BA boarding pass (with BAEC Blue number) + my CX Gold membership card on my phone. The dragons appear to know what they're doing.
beamac likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 1:51 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Btw, earlier this week when I was there, I asked one of the staff when the lounge will be ready/opening and I was informed expected end of Feb. I guess let's wait and see. Tried to check the status of the renovation physically, but it was not possible to even go up the stairs nor lift to the floor where the lounge is located.

Cheers!
Old Feb 9, 2024, 1:53 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Btw, earlier this week when I was there, I asked one of the staff when the lounge will be ready/opening and I was informed expected end of Feb. Cheers!
Did the member of staff Feb of which year?
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 2:38 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Flying from AMS on Saturday 10th Feb so will give Flor a go. Last time, on a Monday afternoon back in November it was only about half-full with some reasonable food. Shocking that with so many BA flights a day (has to be at least 12-ish with LHR, LCY and LGW all having service) plus other OW operators such as AY, EI, IB that there is not a OnwWorld specific lounge. And hasn't been for probably 18 months now
Old Feb 9, 2024, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by BOH
Flying from AMS on Saturday 10th Feb so will give Flor a go. Last time, on a Monday afternoon back in November it was only about half-full with some reasonable food. Shocking that with so many BA flights a day (has to be at least 12-ish with LHR, LCY and LGW all having service) plus other OW operators such as AY, EI, IB that there is not a OnwWorld specific lounge. And hasn't been for probably 18 months now
Not that I disagree with you in general, but the three operators you mention are probably discounted from this discussion - EI aren't in oneworld [yet?] and IB/AY are in the Schengen end of the terminal. AT, RJ, AA, and QR are the relevant additions, with about one flight a day each [two AA in Summer and occasionally two QR on no discernible pattern]. The latter two are widebodies, obviously. It does remain a bit perplexing that a BA lounge couldn't be justified though, I'm guessing the lease came up mid-pandemic and Schiphol weren't giving sufficient discounts to keep it running while things were largely shut down.
BOH likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.