Wiki Posts
Search

BA AMS lounge permanently closed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
BA AMS lounge permanently closed

London Air Travel are reporting that the AMS lounge is now permanently closed. Aspire it is.

https://londonairtravel.com/2022/07/...ounge-closure/
jimlad48 and SxMan like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Absolutely pathetic if correct.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'm thought this was reported a few weeks ago on here??? Somebody definitely posted that it wasn't going to re-open as a BA lounge.
ademanuele and SxMan like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
Absolutely pathetic if correct.
Sean Doyle is Alex Cruz with Covid as cover.
skipness1E, jonr405 and Deckter like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
BA shorthaul is being hollowed out with death by 1000 cuts. The AMS lounge wasn't even very old. Not sure my Gold for Life is actually going to be that valuable once I finally (if ever) retire...
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Lol.

So the only BA lounges left outside LHR and LGW are now BHD, EDI, GLA, GVA, LIN and FCO?
becks1 and Pigeon49 like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:16 am

BHD isn't a BA lounge anymore, that changed just before covid i think.

ABZ is still a BA lounge.

JER is odd, it is still a BA branded lounge, but isn't actually a BA lounge.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:21 am

What happened Sean? https://www.ft.com/content/473f9eee-...0-1da305ff4430

British Airways boss Sean Doyle pledged on Friday to rebuild relations with customers and staff and restore the airline’s reputation for premium service as the industry recovers from the pandemic.
“Putting the premium proposition into the heart of what we do is going to be key,” he told the Financial Times at BA’s headquarters near Heathrow. “We want people to come off a British Airways flight and talk about it as if it’s something different.”
Not sure I see how closing the lounge at AMS and pushing all your many customers in to an already busy Aspire lounge does this.

Last edited by KARFA; Jul 20, 2022 at 8:34 am
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
What happened Sean? https://www.ft.com/content/473f9eee-...0-1da305ff4430

No sure I see how closing the lounge at AMS and pushing all your many customers in to an already busy Aspire lounge does this.
Well when I tell my friends and colleagues I am travelling BA this week, they wish me luck so it's certainly something different I suppose.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
No great shame IMHO apart from loss of Brand. I can't remember the last time I spent more than 10 mins in there as it was always way too busy just like the Aspire. I found better paid for food and quieter seating in the rest of the airport.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:42 am

Was a nice place to while away a few hours on an ex-eu. I will miss it.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
How reliable is the the source? I was through AMS last week and the Aspire staff seemed confident the BA lounge would reopen.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Why do you think BA should feel it needs to operate a lounge at AMS? It can clearly fill its flights still when the lounge is shut, so obviously people aren't scared away from BA by the current setup, therefore they're going to keep this arrangement. Not sure if the best outcome is that it gets taken over by Aspire to make one big lounge (with different sections they can open/close or use for different airlines), or if it gets taken over by another operator who might open a higher standard offering than Aspire (Plaza Premium etc), but then again might not and then we just end up with two medium sized equally terrible lounges.
RJD1983 and James91 like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
What I am missing from the articile is a source or a reason for the article at this time. I mean nothing has changed but they state it as a matter of fact.

The lounge is removed from the Oneworld site (Airport Lounges: oneworld Lounges & Airport Lounge Access | oneworld) So its probably true.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
There's a lot to be said for leaving this side of the business to third-party providers. The problems come when the contract lounge has to turn people away for capacity (IST, AMS) or when the offering is a paper voucher than can only be collected by queueing at a chaotic or slow checkin (OTP).
MaxFlyer and becks1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.