BA AMS lounge permanently closed

Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Arrived at AMS 2230 yesterday eve (30 June). Walked past Café Flor, was closed and looked like any other closed café/bar in the terminal tbh. D pier immigration was closed and we had to walk to E. Only 2 Marechaussee manning the non-EU line, but it took maybe 10 mins or less.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by silonic
Has anyone had much experience of trying to bypass the queues at E gates by "transferring from Non-Schenegen to Schenegen" area round the corner from the human clock? I just wondered if immigration insist you have a boarding pass? I know there are certain times of the day where that transition area is extremely busy, so would avoid then, but wondered if you are allowed to go through that route without a boarding pass as the exit is pretty close once you get through there, plus you'll come through by carousel 2 which is usually where LHR BA baggage is used? Thanks
In my experience, you could use transfer from schengen to non-schengen (have done that with little issue last year when some of these lines were insane), but the one time when I had a legal connection at schiphol from non-schengen to schengen, the immigration did ask for my boarding pass and asked questions (vs the usual small talk/welcome back) and explicitly said he wanted to make sure i was not avoidng the queue (but not sure how much my dutch passport played a role).

I still don't understand why there is such a difference as to egate usage for arriving and departing passengers, US citizens can use it departing NL, but not when arriving, that would speed things up (https://english.marechaussee.nl/topi...ssport-control)

On the lounge, I'm still amazed it takes this long to renovate and are floating a Jan reopening date, I'm hoping it really will be an upgrade (although they are probably still stuck with the same lounge dragons)!
Old Jul 1, 2023, 2:39 pm

Etihad lounge and transfer from OSL

Hello,

we fly from OSL via AMS to AUH with KLM and Etihad in business class.

Does anyone know which lounge we have access to in AMS?

Do we have to go through security and passport control when we land with KLM from OSL?
Old Jul 1, 2023, 3:01 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by silonic
Has anyone had much experience of trying to bypass the queues at E gates by "transferring from Non-Schenegen to Schenegen" area round the corner from the human clock? I just wondered if immigration insist you have a boarding pass? I know there are certain times of the day where that transition area is extremely busy, so would avoid then, but wondered if you are allowed to go through that route without a boarding pass as the exit is pretty close once you get through there, plus you'll come through by carousel 2 which is usually where LHR BA baggage is used? Thanks
The connection queues are generally just as bad these days. For a British passport they never ask to see a boarding pass but they do ask destination and purpose. I don’t see how you could get past without bending the truth, I wouldn’t advise that.

I fully understand Brexit was ‘our decision’ but clearly demand has changed for non Schengen at these points, I don’t know why they haven’t adapted resources, not necessarily to help Brit’s but to aid wider airport operations. I’ll be happier when everyone has the blue passport, as there are clearly many Brits still going via the Schengen queue, jumping the queue and knowing what they are doing. I wish border patrol would send them back.

Anyway, it is what it is.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 3:03 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dfwams
I still don't understand why there is such a difference as to egate usage for arriving and departing passengers, US citizens can use it departing NL, but not when arriving, that would speed things up (https://english.marechaussee.nl/topi...ssport-control))
It’s the same for British passports, clearly they wish to be more diligent allowing people entry than processing people out.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by powell87
Hello,

we fly from OSL via AMS to AUH with KLM and Etihad in business class.

Does anyone know which lounge we have access to in AMS?

Do we have to go through security and passport control when we land with KLM from OSL?
Welcome to FT! This is the British Airways forum. Your question is best suited to the Etihad forum here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etih...had-guest-692/
Old Jul 1, 2023, 4:25 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
And in Dutch:
https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieu...jaar-weer-open
Aspire lounge refurb taking a wee bit longer and expectation is fall/winter 2023

According to above
Seems Singapore Airlines has negotiated access for their eligable passengers at the Privium Club West lounge
https://www.schiphol.nl/en/privium/r...ivium-lounges/
(normally only for Privium members)

However ...... it seems ....
Access sold for €50
https://www.schiphol.nl/en/privium-lounge-voucher/

timfarr1 likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Jul 1, 2023 at 4:31 pm
Old Jul 2, 2023, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Erwin10
Refurbishment is taking longer, lounge won't reopen until somewhere near the end of the year according to a message of Swissport to airlines/other clients.
Aer Lingus have it on their website, the Aspire lounge is not due to reopen until November 2023 - https://www.aerlingus.com/prepare/ai...rport-lounges/

"Closed for refurbishment until November 2023".

Really looking forward to my AMS experience in a few weeks time... not! I miss the old BA lounge.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 1:33 am

Programs: BAEC
Sorry if this is a daft question. I've never been to AMS before but I've got a day trip because I need the last few tier points before my end of year. It's not a B2B, I've got a 3 hour stop and am doing LGW-AMS-LCY as it was the best price. Hand luggage only. Do I need to go out through passport control etc at AMS or can I just stay airside and try to find a corner in the lounge/cafe with my laptop?
Old Jul 4, 2023, 1:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Karen Jackson
Sorry if this is a daft question. I've never been to AMS before but I've got a day trip because I need the last few tier points before my end of year. It's not a B2B, I've got a 3 hour stop and am doing LGW-AMS-LCY as it was the best price. Hand luggage only. Do I need to go out through passport control etc at AMS or can I just stay airside and try to find a corner in the lounge/cafe with my laptop?
AMS is mixed airside for arrivals from the UK. So you can get off at the gate, walk to a cafe, walk back, and just board your return. No need to go through passport control or security.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
AMS is mixed airside for arrivals from the UK. So you can get off at the gate, walk to a cafe, walk back, and just board your return. No need to go through passport control or security.
Perfect, thank you. I've never travelled with the sole aim of collecting TPs before
Old Jul 4, 2023, 2:01 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Karen Jackson
Perfect, thank you. I've never travelled with the sole aim of collecting TPs before
(but actually I mean ).

You might find it addictive!
Old Jul 4, 2023, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by BA or bust
(but actually I mean) You might find it addictive!

Hahaha - we had a flight cancellation on our last trip so ended up eventually flying EJ - I have put in a claim hoping we'll still get the points but my year ends this week and I don't want to lose silver benefits on other upcoming trips
Old Jul 8, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
From Dutch insideflyer website,
https://insideflyer.nl/aspire-lounge...it-jaar-dicht/
Confirmed Aspire Lounge closed till 1 December 2023

For information purposes from Dutch Insideflyer
Luther.e likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 2:58 am

Access is barred due to construction 15 AUG 2023

So today went to have a peek at the progress at the Aspire non schengen lounge

and surprisingly to see access to the upper floor to reach the lounge is impossible

No access to the elevator & stairs to Aspire Lounge non schengen anymore

And if you suffer from something unexpected while you are up there, it will take a while for emergency services to reach you ...

Instead we are herded to the grab&go temporary lounge

With again a friendly reminder whom can pass into Elysium paradise

Last edited by HadesNL; Oct 10, 2023 at 8:02 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.