Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Krisz
I surprised as well. I’m sure Karfa knows to avoid Friday afternoon because it will be a long wait in the standard queue.
I had a chat with the escape lounge lady and she said that T3 is planning to open fully from April. I wouldn’t bet on it however I take it as a good indication. She mentioned that mainly BA and Ryanair will use it (just before Covid) so no fast track there wouldn’t help much either. Oh and of course no chance for a BA lounge.
i miss LBA….
I miss LBA too, and sadly the City Flyer service to Belfast ends at the end of March too . Have you considered NCL instead? I tend to use there now instead of MAN, much nicer but no LBA!
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Thumbs down

I’ve just gone through security at Manchester Airport and the supervisor lady who was there mentioned that from the 7th Feb no more BA fast track as BA is not paying anymore.
im not sure how accurate this is but she was very confident.
does anyone (probably from BA) can confirm this.
I mean if this is true… well I don’t really want to continue this line as FT policy would be breached.
And we thought the experience at MAN couldn’t get any worse

Time to rethink options …
skipness1E likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I think it’s worth checking with BA whether this is true re Fast Track at MAN. I’ll be flying out of there on 10th Feb and I really don’t want this to happen. Wonder if lounge access is being enhanced away too
Old Feb 1, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Im flying from there 2nd Feb and 6th Feb, will report back what I find out
ThatT1Feeling and Krisz like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I think it’s worth checking with BA whether this is true re Fast Track at MAN. I’ll be flying out of there on 10th Feb and I really don’t want this to happen. Wonder if lounge access is being enhanced away too
I asked the lounge they are not aware that BA would move out.
I also mentioned the no fast track to the gate supervisor, she haven’t heard it either but will check it with management as its important…
Hopefully we know a little bit more this week. Unfortunately I’m not going to MAN this week so can’t follow up
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
2:20 in a Taxi to LHR tonight, takes me 1:20 to MAN, I'd rather spend the extra time in the Sofitel tonight and CCR tomorrow than at MAN, Sad to say as a proud Northerner, but it's just not convenient or enjoyable for me. I only travel maybe 5 trips a year long haul, so will lose tier points, but will worry about that next year thanks to the extensions.
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Im flying from there 2nd Feb and 6th Feb, will report back what I find out
I’ve done 3 MAN LHR returns all in Club in last 6 weeks and can confirm that my digital boarding passes show fast track at LHR but not at MAN.. it hasn’t been a problem as security has been quiet and only taken a few minutes to get through security..the first time I was let through fast track anyway with my ‘J class boarding pass’ it was only on comparing the outward and return boarding passes later that I even noticed! I can see problems for premium BA pax when things get busier..
Mine have only been MAN-LHR returns but does that mean if you book an F ticket MAN-LHR-JFK there is no MAN fast track ?? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by MARTINSWIN; Feb 1, 2022 at 3:58 pm Reason: Typo
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You MAN-LHR mobile bp won't ever show fast track even if you booked MAN-LHR-JFK in F.

Atm it doesn't matter, BA pays for it and the staff at security let you in anyway. What is being suggested is that BA may not pay for fast track anymore at MAN which means regardless of whether your MAN-LHR flight is just a trip to London or you are connecting onwards at LHR, you wouldn't get access to fast track at MAN. Let's hope this rumour isn't correct.
Krisz and Komodromou like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by KARFA
You MAN-LHR mobile bp won't ever show fast track even if you booked MAN-LHR-JFK in F.

Atm it doesn't matter, BA pays for it and the staff at security let you in anyway. What is being suggested is that BA may not pay for fast track anymore at MAN which means regardless of whether your MAN-LHR flight is just a trip to London or you are connecting onwards at LHR, you wouldn't get access to fast track at MAN. Let's hope this rumour isn't correct.
Correct, the BP never showed anything in regards of fastrack, even if you are GGL travelling in Club. In my case this started to conversation that one security barrier operator asking other colleague as the BP doesn’t show fast track on it. Then a supervisor lady steps in and saying something like that “Is it BA Gold?” “Yes, it is gold” “Then let it through is fine at the moment”. I asked what do you mean at the moment? She replied that from 7th Feb no more fast track for BA. I did ask back as I couldn’t believe what I’m hearing, then I said thank you let me know this and left.
Again, is it true or not no idea. Could be that some employees at MAN mixing up something which wouldn’t be the first. Hence I asking if others heard this or not. Anyway we will know more next Monday. (Luckily Monday is a quiet day so even normal security shouldn’t be too bad.)

(as a data reference I checked even in 2018 MAN-LHR boarding passes haven't showed fasttrack on them. NCL-LHR shows fasttrack. (EDI,LBA doesn't show fasttrack so as "normal" with BA it's a hit and miss. )

Last edited by Krisz; Feb 2, 2022 at 1:11 am
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:17 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
The Fast Track rumours follow on from when I was denied champagne back in December, as apparently BA doesn’t now get this. Did this end up being true, as not been there since. My next trip is tomorrow actually.

it’s £5 for FT anyhow, and can sometimes be had for £4 when the 20% off Promo is on. However, as mentioned it’s another nail in the coffin of the experience really.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond
My previous two fast-track experiences (last Saturday morning and Thursday the week before) have been good, getting me through security in less than five minutes both times. I'll be gutted if it disappears, especially given the 45+ minute wait for 'premium' bag drop both times.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:41 am

I am on the 17:10 MAN-LHR today and will see what I can find out. I have also contacted BA to see if they can enlighten us...
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by cheshirepete
The Fast Track rumours follow on from when I was denied champagne back in December, as apparently BA doesn’t now get this. Did this end up being true, as not been there since. My next trip is tomorrow actually.
I travelled a few days before Xmas, and was asked if I was flying BA each time I ordered champagne. When I said yes, they asked to see boarding pass each time with the question “what cabin you in?”. Seemingly as I was flying club Europe, I was allowed it. It was inferred I probably wouldn’t have been allowed it as a gold flying economy although i didn’t specifically ask
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Correct, the BP never showed anything in regards of fastrack, even if you are GGL travelling in Club. In my case this started to conversation that one security barrier operator asking other colleague as the BP doesn’t show fast track on it. Then a supervisor lady steps in and saying something like that “Is it BA Gold?” “Yes, it is gold” “Then let it through is fine at the moment”. I asked what do you mean at the moment? She replied that from 7th Feb no more fast track for BA. I did ask back as I couldn’t believe what I’m hearing, then I said thank you let me know this and left.
Again, is it true or not no idea. Could be that some employees at MAN mixing up something which wouldn’t be the first. Hence I asking if others heard this or not. Anyway we will know more next Monday. (Luckily Monday is a quiet day so even normal security shouldn’t be too bad.)

(as a data reference I checked even in 2018 MAN-LHR boarding passes haven't showed fasttrack on them. NCL-LHR shows fasttrack. (EDI,LBA doesn't show fasttrack so as "normal" with BA it's a hit and miss. )
ha ha ! So I thought I’d been sneaky just showing my BP on my initial trip and just used the normal channel for my other 2 to to save any walk of shame.. was quiet anyway so made no difference 👍
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by MARTINSWIN
ha ha ! So I thought I’d been sneaky just showing my BP on my initial trip and just used the normal channel for my other 2 to to save any walk of shame.. was quiet anyway so made no difference 👍
Fast Track has never appeared on a BA BP at MAN. In times gone by they used to place a small sticker on the BP but that too stopped several years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.