Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2021, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question BA experience at Manchester

Travelling up to MAN in Club Europe early September and wondered what the current arrival & departure exp[erience is like . Is there lots of walking involved and do BA board via a jetbridge ?
Old Jul 27, 2021, 12:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by col747uk
Travelling up to MAN in Club Europe early September and wondered what the current arrival & departure exp[erience is like . Is there lots of walking involved and do BA board via a jetbridge ?
departure at T5 is mostly A gates, but there are now two B gates which have biometrics so you may be unlucky.

arrival at MAN is on gate 142 in T3 currently which is a jetbridge. this was the same gate which BA used pre covid, you exit out of T3 as you used to, and then walk to wherever you need to get to, there are no taxis outside T3 as it is officially shut atm so you would have to walk to T1 for that.

departing MAN you enter in T1 and go through security there. in order to gat to gate 142 in T3 you need to follow the signs, basically just past duty free turn left down the corridor which leads to the lounges but stay on the ground floor, you will then walk across to T3 and up the stairs in to the terminal. nothing is open in T3 atm so it is only of use to go over there early if you want somewhere quiet to sit. it is a fairly lengthy walk over, so maybe 5-10 minutes continual walk after leaving security. boarding is via the jetbridge.

caveat that this is the situation now, it could change by next week never mind in two months!
Tryhard, Simon Schus, ENTP and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Hi Karfa

Thank you for your most informative and detailed reply. We wil probably go to the Escape Lounge in T1 ( Priority Pass) and then walk over to T3 shortly before boarding.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 1:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by col747uk
Hi Karfa

Thank you for your most informative and detailed reply. We wil probably go to the Escape Lounge in T1 ( Priority Pass) and then walk over to T3 shortly before boarding.
All qualified passengers are now granted access to the T1 Escape Lounge when travelling on BA.
Simon Schus and marcokng like this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Just to add - departure from MAN is generally in 2 groups only - Groups 1-3 in one large priority group first and then all other groups. This can make priority boarding quite a large group but it’s generally managed ok by the local staff.
Simon Schus likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 6:35 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Gold, BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
All qualified passengers are now granted access to the T1 Escape Lounge when travelling on BA.
That’s good info - thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:25 pm

Hi all,

What is the bag drop experience like at MAN at the moment?

I remember it being terrible pre-pandemic, but less than 20 minutes to check in a bag in Club Europe for some of the early morning flights. How long have people been waiting for checking in bags for BA Club Europe, what with all the various document checks and the like.

I've got a Monday morning flight coming up MAN-LHR, and I don't love the idea of getting to the airport at 4am for the 7am flight.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Emerald Club Exec Elite,
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Hi all,

What is the bag drop experience like at MAN at the moment?

I remember it being terrible pre-pandemic, but less than 20 minutes to check in a bag in Club Europe for some of the early morning flights. How long have people been waiting for checking in bags for BA Club Europe, what with all the various document checks and the like.
Wish I could be the bearer of better news

I checked in on CE Desk this time last month around 10am - MAN-LHR-ORD - 3 in front of me and it took around 15-20 mins - one couple in front were going to Greece and were staying overnight in Heathrow, but checking bags though and it took forever, then the person in front of me was flying Royal Jordanian from LHR and insisted that the Agent try to change her Seat Assignment.

Took me a while to get checked in as even though I had VERIFLY - Agent insisted on seeing Paper Copies of everything - well my test.

It was a month ago, and I would say the time was more down to the people checking in, but at least I wasn't in the regular line.
Simon Schus likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by txbrit
Wish I could be the bearer of better news

I checked in on CE Desk this time last month around 10am - MAN-LHR-ORD - 3 in front of me and it took around 15-20 mins - one couple in front were going to Greece and were staying overnight in Heathrow, but checking bags though and it took forever, then the person in front of me was flying Royal Jordanian from LHR and insisted that the Agent try to change her Seat Assignment.

Took me a while to get checked in as even though I had VERIFLY - Agent insisted on seeing Paper Copies of everything - well my test.

It was a month ago, and I would say the time was more down to the people checking in, but at least I wasn't in the regular line.
Thank you for taking the time to respond!!

Well, 20 minutes is better than I was expecting. I hope it will be like that next week!
Old Aug 7, 2021, 11:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
On the 7am flight down this morning and connecting on to the US. VeriFLY worked just fine. No paper copy needed.

T1 Escape had a separate seating area for BA customers. One person couldn’t stop coughing and snorting. Everyone vacated, perhaps escaped, pretty quickly.

Ended up walking around T1 shops a bit and then down to gate 143 where there were some seats.

Oh and Manchester security managed to call out most of my trays to only rescan and give them back. This place has probably the most exhaustive and exhausting security experience.

Overall best to have low expectations.
Simon Schus likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Received an email from Holiday Extras about my car parking at Manchester T3 in December saying that they’ve moved my parking to T2 as BA will be flying from T2 going forward.

I’ve not received any email from BA about the move yet.

Anyone know when BA moved to the renovated T2 and what the lounge situation might be?
Old Aug 20, 2021, 11:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Not sure where they are getting that from? I haven’t heard anything about BA moving to T2.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 11:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Received an email from Holiday Extras about my car parking at Manchester T3 in December saying that they’ve moved my parking to T2 as BA will be flying from T2 going forward.

I’ve not received any email from BA about the move yet.

Anyone know when BA moved to the renovated T2 and what the lounge situation might be?
BA are currently using T1, I received a dozen or so emails from BA just a couple of days ago to advise that all arrivals and departures will be from T1 instead of T3. These are for flights departing between now and January 2022.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I think I’ll give Holiday Extras a call and ask what they’re smoking…
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
Not sure where they are getting that from? I haven’t heard anything about BA moving to T2.
Would be nice to escape T1 (probably the worst terminal experience in the UK?) but domestic flights can't arrive at T2 yet. Jet2 have had to have their JER flights arrive at T1 and leave from T2...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.