Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Storms causing significant delays?

Did anyone fly from Manchester yesterday, did Storm Dudley cause significant delays? I am on the 5.10pm MAN-LHR tomorrow and Storm Eunice will have settled in by then, are BA cancelling any flights due to the weather or should I just expect delays?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:10 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Nothing was cancelled into Manchester yesterday. A few of the earlier ones were late, by up to an hour. The last flight arrived early
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Looking at FR24 data for yesterday,
​​​​​
BA1370 landed 0738 (booked 0755)
BA1374 landed 0955 (booked 0935)
BA1390 landed 1204 (booked 1155)
BA1386 landed 1716 (booked 1625)
BA1402 landed 1922 (booked 1930)
BA1374 landed 2018 (booked 2040)

I was driving a train back to Manchester last night. When I emerged from the tunnel under the Pennines it was blowing a right gale, and I was following underneath a procession of planes lining up for final approach to MAN. I had two metal rails to steady the train on, but was still getting blown from side to side, I'm sure those a few thousand feet above me were having a little more exciting ride!
endoman, toothy and NicholasMAN like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by A P Yu
Nothing was cancelled into Manchester yesterday. A few of the earlier ones were late, by up to an hour. The last flight arrived early
There were a couple of diversions too (not BA). The forecast suggests any problems tomorrow will likely be at the LHR end rather than at MAN.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:32 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Ok, I know it is half term but...

Boarded yesterday morning for the 1050 to LHR, to be told we could not leave as we were waiting for 70(!) passengers who had not made it through check in/ security yet.

Further delayed by Menzies staff "forgetting" to load baggage into the the rear hold
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:21 am

The whole place is a joke.

We were on the 9am flight on Friday, arrived early at 6am. Only three people in front of us, only one person checking people in though seemed to be plenty of Menzies staff about.
After about 15 mins someone arrived to do the priority queue, fair enough but still only one person to deal with the rest.
Glad we got there for 6am, as there was a queue of about 40 behind by the time we were checked in.
Weren't allowed to keep buggy for toddler, so as you can imagine a right laugh queuing for over 30 minutes trying to stop an 18 month year old running off / destroying all the barriers.
When we finally got to the front of the security queue they demanded to see sons passport as we wanted to take milk through, thier little hoodies had to come off. Ended up with about 5 trays to meet all thier rules.
Then off you go to a basically derelict terminal, where boarding didn't commence until after 9am, inward was only 15 mins late and it wasn't that windy at Manchester, started moving off the stand, then back we went because of a problem with paper work 😡.

I keep saying this but never again, going to go from Newcastle or drive to London. When from Newcastle before Xmas and absolutely no bother / hassle at all.

As far as I can see no other BA destination has a thread like this, but surely all these issues aren't one off, so BA must be aware.

Probably for another thread, but after a go around still not sure how the pilot got the plane down safely at Heathrow, he definitely earned his money that day.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
That's bad fortune, but why did they take your pushchair off you at the check in desk?

When we were flying from MAN in 2019 on BA they took the pram off us at the plane door, and we got it back there at Heathrow!
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
That's bad fortune, but why did they take your pushchair off you at the check in desk?

When we were flying from MAN in 2019 on BA they took the pram off us at the plane door, and we got it back there at Heathrow!
They said it was too windy to take it off us at the gate 😀
Old Feb 20, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
4 Man departures this year, all FastTrack, which is still going, all under 10 mins.

Record, 4 mins (from Uber to Duty Free)
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius

Further delayed by Menzies staff "forgetting" to load baggage into the the rear hold
I'm curious to know who told you that Menzies staff 'forgot' to load the bags ? however, I can inform you that there was a complete baggage system failure in the terminal.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Timmy82

We were on the 9am flight on Friday, arrived early at 6am. Only three people in front of us, only one person checking people in though seemed to be plenty of Menzies staff about.
After about 15 mins someone arrived to do the priority queue, fair enough but still only one person to deal with the rest.
Glad we got there for 6am, as there was a queue of about 40 behind by the time we were checked in.
Weren't allowed to keep buggy for toddler, so as you can imagine a right laugh queuing for over 30 minutes trying to stop an 18 month year old running off / destroying all the
Then off you go to a basically derelict terminal, where boarding didn't commence until after 9am, inward was only 15 mins late and it wasn't that windy at Manchester, started moving off the stand, then back we went because of a problem with paper work 😡.
The flight in question did not go back to stand and it was unlikely that you were told to give up your buggy because it was too windy at the gate.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:56 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Timmy82

Weren't allowed to keep buggy for toddler, so as you can imagine a right laugh queuing for over 30 minutes trying to stop an 18 month year old running off / destroying all the barriers.
When we finally got to the front of the security queue they demanded to see sons passport as we wanted to take milk through, thier little hoodies had to come off. Ended up with about 5 trays to meet all thier rules.

I keep saying this but never again, going to go from Newcastle or drive to London. When from Newcastle before Xmas and absolutely no bother / hassle at all.

As far as I can see no other BA destination has a thread like this, but surely all these issues aren't one off, so BA must be aware.

Probably for another thread, but after a go around still not sure how the pilot got the plane down safely at Heathrow, he definitely earned his money that day.
All those issues are BA, nothing to do with MAN.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 4:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by wythy
I'm curious to know who told you that Menzies staff 'forgot' to load the bags ? however, I can inform you that there was a complete baggage system failure in the terminal.
The captain informed us

the second set of bags were on the trolleys parked off the starboard quarter. These were loaded 30 minutes after they closed the front cargo doors and long after the captain first announced we were ready to push back

Last edited by Gastrocnemius; Feb 21, 2022 at 6:46 am
Old Feb 21, 2022, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by wythy
The flight in question did not go back to stand and it was unlikely that you were told to give up your buggy because it was too windy at the gate.
Sorry where you on the flight and behind me at the check in.
Not sure why you think I would feel the need to make things up on an Internet forum
Grace B and skipness1E like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
I don’t know why, or if this is permanent, but the practice of using T3 gates didn’t happen this morning.

Today’s BA1389 and BA1395 used T1 gates, Pier B (gates 7 and 10 respectively).

Security was very busy in T1, but my Gold card was accepted without question at Fast Track and I was through within 10 mins.

Last edited by Kestrel86; Feb 22, 2022 at 5:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.