Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just read this, I have noticed more staff so 🤞. “Manchester airport: 96 per cent of passengers through security in under 30 minutes last week
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ademanuele
i mean a 15min wait seems like an eternity to me.

while positive, i presume the percentages were yet higher for passenger yelled at by security?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Thursday 28th - 11.15am
11 mins from taxi to airside
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Thursday 28th - 11.15am
11 mins from taxi to airside
Just a bit longer..but...it was 0630 on a Monday morning. 17 minutes kerbside to Escape lounge. Was asked no fewer than four times to show my FastTrack BP (and for once it was on the mobile boarding pass - hurrah BA!). I asked why and there was no coherent answer so I just assume they get people jumping the tensa barriers once they have passed the regular checkpoint. Everyone in a good mood though it seemed. Escape lounge much better than a few weeks back too - in fact full breakfast offering which is better than the old BA option. And - as for the old lounge - just a quiet area with a great view and someone sells sandwiches, tea/coffee, water etc "at certain times of the day". Not many people had discovered it yesterday. The flight was late (of course) so can only give it 7/10!
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:48 am

Programs: BAEC
Not BA-related but was going through MAN T1 on Sunday. Queue was tiny but astonishingly slow-moving. I was in FT which took about 20 minutes to clear no more than 15-20 people. The usual FT lane was closed and we were directed to a queue parallel to the normal track lane. One particularly unpleasant passenger was yelling at the staff his beautifully articulated objections to the very existence of FT, leaning over our lane to do it, and yelling at other normal track passengers that they should just ignore the staff and skip the queue. Annoyingly the staff member (who seemed somewhat intimidated) decided the path of least resistance was to let him through. I’d have called the police over and denied him boarding…
Old Aug 16, 2022, 5:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
For anyone passing through MAN on Monday around midday:

1.1 Manchester Airport will observe a one‐minute silence at 12:00L on Monday 22nd August 2022 in memory of the 55 passengers and crew who lost their lives in the 1985 accident involving British Airtours flight KT28M destined for Corfu from Manchester Airport.
2.1 On Monday 22nd August between 12:00 and 12:01L no aircraft shall land or take‐off or start/test engines. Aircraft will, however, be permitted to taxi.

Credit: https://forums4airports.com/threads/131/post-246096
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:57 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Flying LM from NQY to MAN rtn next week on BA ticket, is it advisable to purchase fast track for departure from MAN?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Currently in the Escape Lounge waiting for BA1399. Arrived 1250 for the 1555. Check in wasn't open, but there was already a general queue. We went to the Priority queue and was surprised to be first there. Check in was to open at 1330, but about 1310 staff started to appear. Several people with reduced mobility/needs were brought to the front of priority (absolute no problem with that, for the record). 4 staff were on the counters, 1 on priority and 3 on normal.

​​​​​​There was some bickering going on with the staff over who was sitting where, and eventually 2 sat on priority and 2 on general. It sorted itself out!

Went to the fast track security queue, and the bloke couldn't see FASTTRACK on the boarding pass and we had to point it out.

But from dropping the bags off to sitting in the lounge was probably no more than 10 mins. Much better than April when we last came.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
and the bloke couldn't see FASTTRACK on the boarding pass and we had to point it out.

If it is the same idiot who I got last time, he physically grabbed my wheely bag to stop my going down FT line. I was walking towards the barrier, headphones in and he came from behind and grabbed my bag to stop me.

I then went through the process of showing him my BP, and he must be blind or stupid as I got the "I dont see it" routine. He then he grabbed my wrist to pull the phone closer at which point I pushed him away (wished I had used more force) and walked to the scanner.

Sadly he didnt have a name tag on, so I didnt think to report it.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Still sat on the plane at gate 142, delays in London apparently.

Anyway, something piqued my interest having my boarding pass scanned. My wife and 2 kids passed through in front fine. Mine flashed red and beeped. The lady shouted to the bloke doing the other side and shouted "bag", the bloke (the same who checked us in) said my first name, to which I acknowledged, then the lady gave me my boarding pass and I proceeded as normal.

What would 'bag' be? I thought it might be luggage related, but my wife wondered if it was something as simple as BA Gold?!
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
If it is the same idiot who I got last time, he physically grabbed my wheely bag to stop my going down FT line. I was walking towards the barrier, headphones in and he came from behind and grabbed my bag to stop me.

I then went through the process of showing him my BP, and he must be blind or stupid as I got the "I dont see it" routine. He then he grabbed my wrist to pull the phone closer at which point I pushed him away (wished I had used more force) and walked to the scanner.

Sadly he didnt have a name tag on, so I didnt think to report it.
I never have gone through MAN.

Reading this thread the past few months, I doubt I ever will!.

Things haven't improved that much, by the sounds of it.

Astounding that he did that with your bag, just not what you would expect to happen.

Shame he didn't have a name badge, I would have reported him as well.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:42 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
Things haven't improved that much, by the sounds of it.
Things have greatly improved over the last couple of months.

DYKWIAs ignoring requests to check Fastrack status must be really annoying to the staff who are trying to do their job.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Sounds like problems everywhere there then. I shall avoid.

Edit to add:
I hadn't realised some people at MAN were refusing to show the agents. Yes it must be frustrating for them.

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Aug 17, 2022 at 11:11 am
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Ok not BA but going through MAN T3 security this morning, laptop in its own dedicated tray and MAN Security still pulls it out for secondary screening. Perhaps this is why secondary screening is so hit and miss. Fortunately T3 security was very light.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 11:15 pm

Seeking some slightly unusual insight. I need to travel from London to Manchester at the end of the October half term, around 28-29 October. Avanti from Euston to Manchester Piccadilly seems the most convenient, as I shall be leaving from near Euston Square and my destination is near Arndale. But Avanti hasn't released any advanced fares for the half term week of 24-28 October, or any weekends from now onwards for the matter.

Would anyone know how much in advance does Avanti release their fares for half term (usually) and for weekends?

The alternative is to fly BA but this means I have to traipse all the way to LHR from central London, and travel from MAN to the city. Should I just bite the bullet and book a (non refundable) BA flight now, before flight prices shoot up for half term?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.