Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
more report from MAN, security queue stretching back to the walkway across to the station

Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RedDevil83
Another shitshow at MAN

Security was packed, fast track took about 30-40mins, dread to think how long the normal queue took as was very busy.

just got in lounge and been refused champagne as apparently BA have refused to pay for it anymore for their Club passengers, but I can purchase it for Ł25 if I like. Quick check online shows this flight is Ł300-Ł550 one way for the next few days too. Shambles
They never paid for it, it was a mix up with EK who funded it for their passengers and the lounge extended it to BA pax

Also, not really fair to check the prices of the ticket on the day you fly....clearly most people do not pay that amount
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Chaos I what we can expect when T3 opens...

Manchester Airport bosses ask firefighters and parking staff to handle bags as passengers suffer three-hour queues after they made 2,000 workers redundant

I know someone that works at Manchester and confirms the situation, I am flying on Saturday 🤦🏻
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Genuine question, as I have seen it happen before elsewhere, is there a sense that out of neglect, BA are semi-intentionally looking to drop MAN-LHR from the network to free up slots? Is it really worth the candle?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by skipness1E
Genuine question, as I have seen it happen before elsewhere, is there a sense that out of neglect, BA are semi-intentionally looking to drop MAN-LHR from the network?
ME3 airlines are hoping so. BA would be waving the white flag 🏳
Old Mar 9, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by skipness1E
Genuine question, as I have seen it happen before elsewhere, is there a sense that out of neglect, BA are semi-intentionally looking to drop MAN-LHR from the network to free up slots? Is it really worth the candle?
They can for me, I refuse to use that airport. Appreciate it may be much more of an issue for more frequent MAN users or folks more local than I to the airport.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
As much as I hate flying from MAN it’s only a short drive away for me so BA dropping MAN would be a major inconvenience. Getting the train to Euston and trekking across London with luggage isn’t great. Plus the train is also expensive and you don’t get any tier points and Avios. If it were to happen BA would lose my business as I would be forced to fly other airlines.
ademanuele and Mr Silver K like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, United Premier Exec, Virgin Gold
Travelled through there yesterday. Was dreading it given all the feedback and trouble but was pleasantly surprised. T1 check-in was a bit dated and the desk never opened until 2:45 before departure and large line in both club and traveller. Went to security and fast track was closed so got really worried but through standard without a line. The escape lounge wasn’t that bad either, food offering a lot better than you get in the EDI lounge and staff really friendly. Boarding from gate 7 was a bit chaotic but to be honest I’ve had worse at LHR and LGW.
Mr Silver K likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It's going to be fun when the summer schedules start in 3 weeks... They just can't get security staff apparently. Not sure why not, when the pay is Ł12 an hour - inclusive of shift allowance!
NCL pays just under Ł10 an hour for security (not sure about shift allowances), and though there is a bit of a turnover so they pay a Ł250 bonus after completing 20 weeks, some staff have been with them for decades. Consequently NCL is not recruiting for permanent positions, overtly, but is recruiting for the summer season.

https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/newcastle...aspx?jobid=226
KARFA and BA refund helper like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
NCL pays just under Ł10 an hour for security (not sure about shift allowances), and though there is a bit of a turnover so they pay a Ł250 bonus after completing 20 weeks, some staff have been with them for decades. Consequently NCL is not recruiting for permanent positions, overtly, but is recruiting for the summer season.

https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/newcastle...aspx?jobid=226
Ive always found NCL security fast, efficient and polite indeed I’ve tweeted and told them they should offer training to Other UK airports. Most memorable experience was when I left a can of tonic in my hand luggage and the lovely grandma type agent said of you’ve left your pop in here luv do ya want to neck it now or throw it away said with true Geordie passion and love. Anyway I digress. Be interesting to see what happens at T3 when it opens. Am also surprised the airport hasn’t re opened their Premiair service.
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Appears to be another major farce this morning.

My in-laws are at MAN to take their first post Covid holiday abroad - admittedly it's from T2 with TUI, but looking at reports on twitter T1 is also affected with BA flights too.

Not looking good for my next BA flight from there at Easter, almost contemplating getting the train down to LHR the day before.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
Appears to be another major farce this morning.

My in-laws are at MAN to take their first post Covid holiday abroad - admittedly it's from T2 with TUI, but looking at reports on twitter T1 is also affected with BA flights too.

Not looking good for my next BA flight from there at Easter, almost contemplating getting the train down to LHR the day before.
Am on the way to MAN for the 11.40am BA flight, what is going on?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by ademanuele
Am on the way to MAN for the 11.40am BA flight, what is going on?
ok, just checked Twitter, sounds a mess, understaffed.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I have just come through security at MAN. The bag drop had a huge queue - I would estimate an hour wait there maybe? Thank goodness for HBO! I got myself into Fast Track security and that was another thank goodness moment - the normal security was likely to be another hour to get through. That was all at 0800 this morning.

I had a standoff with the security folks who insisted I had a small liquid item in my bag - I didn't, they couldn’t find it and at one stage suggested I go without my bag….! I asked them to rescan it and what do you know - nothing showed up! The chap dealing me was very rude and was not willing to rescan the bag until he had taken it to bits first. Crazy!

The Aspire lounge is at capacity (well sign is outside but it is empty) and the Escape lounge (one BA uses) is useless - you can get in but every single table is reserved - so expect to stand or move about as people come in to claim their tables!!!

Parking was a nightmare - I was in the T3 multi and there were no spaces. I was lucky that someone left in front but it was literally one in one out it seems and I had booked!

I come back here in a couple of weeks to retrieve my car but no more after that - Manchester airport is a dump.

Regards

aks120
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:09 am
tyr

Had a decent enough experience in MAN this morning for the 6:25. No queue at the priority check in, fast track was busy but still got through in about 15 mins, the regular security queue looked pretty dire.

The escape lounge was busy but there was a small room at the back reserved for BA passengers, it was nothing too exciting but the relative calmness was much appreciated. The food was IMO better than the old T3 galleries lounge, shame there were no views though.

I asked the check in agent which lounge it will be in T3 when the flights move back and she said it would be the Escape lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.