Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by ayearinmx
can anyone confirm that BA Gold get access to security fast-track at MAN? I didn't use it last time because i didn't want to be "one of those people", but i then proceeded to queue for 1hr35mins.... so this time I figured I'd ask first this time......
yes I used that a couple of days ago - and in fact had a paper boarding pass that didn’t have ‘fast track’ written on it but as soon as I said BA Gold, the tensa barrier parted so that I could stand in another queue

aks120
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
I am using MAN to connect to a JFK flight from LHR T5 this Saturday morning. I am flying Club Europe / Club World so will I get fasttrack at MAN and will I need evidence of any sort - is it on the boarding pass or not? Only a lowly blue at the moment but on my way up soon with the double TP offer this trip will bring. I will try to leave the dog whistle at home that caught me out at MAN security recently because it looked like a bullet on the scanner
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by allycat53
I am using MAN to connect to a JFK flight from LHR T5 this Saturday morning. I am flying Club Europe / Club World so will I get fasttrack at MAN and will I need evidence of any sort - is it on the boarding pass or not? Only a lowly blue at the moment but on my way up soon with the double TP offer this trip will bring. I will try to leave the dog whistle at home that caught me out at MAN security recently because it looked like a bullet on the scanner
Yes you will get Fast Track with CE boarding pass although I'm not sure if it actually says "Fast Track" on the BP itself. Either way, I've not had any problems since BA started using T1 and I've been through a few times since December in CE.
allycat53 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by NicholasMAN
Originally Posted by allycat53
Yes you will get Fast Track with CE boarding pass although I'm not sure if it actually says "Fast Track" on the BP itself. Either way, I've not had any problems since BA started using T1 and I've been through a few times since December in CE.
The BP will not have "Fast Track" printed on it but Fast Track is available for BA Club passengers.
allycat53 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
Utter shambles today. T1 Fast Track security line was 30 minutes long at 1000. The staff were very polite but complaining that flights were full and they hadn’t had a break all day.
The inbound 321 arrived almost on time - full - on Stand 6. Manchester Airport sent two buses for the offload when they needed five. Customers waited on steps in light drizzle for 15 minutes.
This of course delayed cleaners etc and hence boarding. Menzies decided to “preboard” Group 1 to…well nowhere…the door to the tarmac. An American customer politely called up to say “don’t send any more” and was promptly abused by the Supervisor. The guy pointed out that he was trying to help but that didn’t do the trick for Menzies. More abuse. In 40 years of performing and observing and advising on turnarounds worldwide - this took some beating I have to say. Total turn 70 minutes.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by ayearinmx
can anyone confirm that BA Gold get access to security fast-track at MAN? I didn't use it last time because i didn't want to be "one of those people", but i then proceeded to queue for 1hr35mins.... so this time I figured I'd ask first this time......
Does this apply to us lowly silvers? 😀

Extreme delays require extreme measures. Five days and car hire in SOF may result in my shiny silver card taking on a golden hue 😂 All to get though the “security” shambles in MAN
allycat53 and LancashireFlyer like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by ManInExitRow
Does this apply to us lowly silvers? 😀

Extreme delays require extreme measures. Five days and car hire in SOF may result in my shiny silver card taking on a golden hue 😂 All to get though the “security” shambles in MAN
Yes, Silver cardholders are also allowed access to Fast Track.
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:32 am

T1 is…not great right now. This is the car park outside the terminal with an even longer queue meandering inside. Not sure whether fast track will make an appreciable difference. 1 h queueing if so far.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by rajah
t1 is…not great right now. This is the car park outside the terminal with an even longer queue meandering inside. Not sure whether fast track will make an appreciable difference. 1 h queueing if so far.
😱😱😱
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:52 pm

Does anyone know what time bag drop opens for the 17.10 flights? I believe the flight before this is at 12.45 so I cant see BA keeping someone at the desk all day. Do they work off 3 hours or are they opening earlier with all the carnage at the airport?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
It got worse later on. 3 hour plus queuing with many missed flights.
allycat53 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: BAEC
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...enger-23412247

They admit that they're rejecting 60% of bags and then blame passengers for it, even though no other UK airport has a rejection rate remotely close to that.

I'm trying to use EZY from Liverpool rather than my usual mix of BA and EZY from MAN for the foreseeable.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Surely the CAA can't be missing this.
Objectively, no other major UK airport is this poor at security. If there tech is really not up to the job, why hasn't the regulator stepped in? THAT many bags rejected is clearly 100% a local MAN airport issue!!
Old Mar 16, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skipness1E
Surely the CAA can't be missing this.
Objectively, no other major UK airport is this poor at security. If there tech is really not up to the job, why hasn't the regulator stepped in? THAT many bags rejected is clearly 100% a local MAN airport issue!!
yep, they blamed "passengers who dont fly" for my bag being pulled over after finding nothing (as i pack my bag the same way for each trip and have not been pulled aside ever in the last year). but as a GGL with 5000TP six month into my year, i am obviously a novice and have no clue how to pack my bags or manage security screening.

they are a disaster and i hope the uptick in travel thru MAN will result in serious changes because it is am immense disservice to people who rely on this airport as a point of origin.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
These recent messages put me off for the first time this week, instead switching to train. And I'm usually someone who always prefers flights even when it makes the most convoluted routing or adds tens of hours to the journey. Maybe BA should transfer from MAN back to LBA - even the train and Flying Tiger between the two is quicker than those queue reports!

I suggested that MAN was mentioned in a recent CCR 'meet the managers event' - does anyone know if it was raised? I'm intrigued what BA might be doing behind the scenes as delays reaching hours for departures must be having a noticeable impact in all sorts of areas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.