Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:03 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Originally Posted by abraxias
Ah fair play, it's been a good while since I flew from MAN - probably over a decade. I have to agree after being through a multitude of airports in the last few years, that the security equipment in this country is pretty antique in general.
Arriving at T5 the other week, and via flight connections to our onward, there was no queue as we were routed to their new machine whereby you leave everything inside your bags. All 4 of our bins was pushed over for a secondary! They’ve been still testing this new machine for nearly 3 years now!

Ho Hum!
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
T1 was really quiet this morning at 0800.

only problem was two different members of staff trying to tell me BA have never had fast track there. I asked for the supervisor, and got “ok, I’ll let you through this time, but BA don’t get fast track.”

Honestly…
86BA7 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
T1 was really quiet this morning at 0800.

only problem was two different members of staff trying to tell me BA have never had fast track there. I asked for the supervisor, and got “ok, I’ll let you through this time, but BA don’t get fast track.”

Honestly…
Indeed they are quite clueless sometimes. I managed to sail through on Sunday morning without any issues. I just said I'm fast track and they let me through no questions asked.
Gastrocnemius and allycat53 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
I have booked on the first LGW MAN service on Sunday (glutton for punishment that I am!) - partly out of curiosity.
So far I have been told it is South then North then South then North Terminal for the departure.
I may just report to the CargoCentre. Only 14 booked apparently and no upgrades available due cabin crew shortage.
Looking forward to the "FastTrack" return from MAN already!
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I was in CE for the return on Sunday so the LGW-MAN flight, booked ET and took a POUG, but have cancelled now - so I assume there was a CE cabin.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:21 am

Oh and good luck with anyone flying from MAN on Sunday onwards, seems that MAN still haven't decided whether they are re-opening T3 fully, or just re--opening airside and continuing to use T1 check in and security.
Never Stansted and allycat53 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Oh and good luck with anyone flying from MAN on Sunday onwards, seems that MAN still haven't decided whether they are re-opening T3 fully, or just re--opening airside and continuing to use T1 check in and security.
Any noise on what the ‘arrival’ procedures will be?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Any noise on what the ‘arrival’ procedures will be?
I haven't seen anything specific, but if T3 airside is back in use I would expect BA to revert back to their usual gates on T3 and to resume the normal exit down the stairs and out through the domestic baggage hall.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:45 am

I haven't seen anything specific, but if T3 airside is back in use I would expect BA to revert back to their usual gates on T3 and to resume the normal exit down the stairs and out through the domestic baggage hall.
And then the walk to T1 for taxis and pick-ups?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
And then the walk to T1 for taxis and pick-ups?
ah, yes sorry that bit i don't know. you would assume if T3 is open they would open up all the taxi and pick up outside T3 too, but i guess assumption is a dangerous game to play when it comes to MAN!
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:10 am

So, still not sure on taxis & pick up points outside T3 yet, but it appears the plan is T3 airside will open from Sunday and gates on T3 will be used so hopefully the end to BA parking on T1 and having to be bussed. Shops in T3 should be open from Sunday too.

Also it seems that until around the end of April check in and security will still be in T1 and you will have to walk across airside. T3 check in and security won't reopen until end of April.
Tobias-UK and LancashireFlyer like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:14 am

Thanks KARFA , that all sounds promising. But, this is MAN so god knows what (or when) will happen!
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was in CE for the return on Sunday so the LGW-MAN flight, booked ET and took a POUG, but have cancelled now - so I assume there was a CE cabin.
Isn’t the minimum number of crew required the same regardless of whether there’s a CE cabin or not? Or perhaps the CE cabin referred to was already large and there are no spare additional crew to roster?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I've decided I am a masochist! I have been taking the train to / from MAN recently. I have now booked a trip in May just to see how it's all running back in T3.

Can I ask that one of the more regular MAN BA travellers updates the Wiki as things change as I am not travelling weekly on BA as i used to - thanks...
MaxFlyer and KARFA like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
I despair, flying out on EZY out of T1 first thing Maundy Thursday…. I guess we’ll try and be there 3 hours before at 0400, yes have fast track !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.