Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I had to persuade the agent guarding the FastTrack one to let me in as my mobile boarding pass didn’t say FastTrack. I don’t recall if my previous mobile or paper boarding passes from MAN stated FastTrack or not.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I had to persuade the agent guarding the FastTrack one to let me in as my mobile boarding pass didn’t say FastTrack. I don’t recall if my previous mobile or paper boarding passes from MAN stated FastTrack or not.
last weekend they had a roving jobsworth throwing peeps out of the half hour fast track queue once past the gate saying that ineligible passengers were being let through by his colleagues!
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Ba boarding passes never say FastTrack for man.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Security was carnage on Saturday, thank goodness for FT....
6 mins.....

MAN has never had FastTrack on BP, the colour alone is enough
Old Mar 5, 2022, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ademanuele
I heard back from BA re. Fast Track and they confirmed that there are no changes, also BA are moving back to T3 for the summer season, could be as early as April but date not yet confirmed. Be interesting to see what they. do about lounge access...
I got back to BA re. issues with Fast Track and received a very fast response "Fast track is available at Manchester airport however, the airport staff don't always recognise it from the boarding pass if it doesn't say 'fast track'. If you are checking in luggage the boarding pass should say fast track. Unfortunately, this has been an ongoing issue we have had with the fast track showing. Please be assured, I have passed your email onto the Management team as part of feedback so this can be investigated further. " Let's see if this is addressed...

Re. Terminal 3, there may be staffing issues when T3 opens. I understand that UK Border Force are losing significant numbers of staff due to poor conditions and some are being drafted to LHR because of shortages there (LHR takes priority).
Old Mar 6, 2022, 11:23 am

Coming through Manchester this evening and it's as terrible as you'd expect. No queue at checkin which was a novelty but queues for security where backed down to both ends of the terminal. Overhead a policeman's radio say they were trying to process 3000 people. Fast Track was in use but you had to fight your way to get to it. People for whom time was against them where being pulled out of the queue 20 minutes before scheduled departure time and rushed to the front. Checkin - Fast Track - Lounge took circa 1hr 15.

Security staff where blaming checkin staff for apparently opening desks late and then dumping people en masse. The lounge staff are blaming an 'unexpected' number of passengers, they're saying MAG where not expecting an increase in passengers until Easter and they've just 'appeared all at once'.

Boarding was a scrum, no announcements, no groups, no separating of queues. The barriers at gate 7 where opened and it was a case of everyone for themselves.

Last edited by BJ787; Mar 6, 2022 at 1:22 pm
Old Mar 7, 2022, 9:24 am

Another shitshow at MAN

Security was packed, fast track took about 30-40mins, dread to think how long the normal queue took as was very busy.

just got in lounge and been refused champagne as apparently BA have refused to pay for it anymore for their Club passengers, but I can purchase it for £25 if I like. Quick check online shows this flight is £300-£550 one way for the next few days too. Shambles
Old Mar 7, 2022, 10:31 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

It's going to be fun when the summer schedules start in 3 weeks... They just can't get security staff apparently. Not sure why not, when the pay is £12 an hour - inclusive of shift allowance!
Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:39 am

Non BA but arrived at T1 from Amsterdam on EZY yesterday as I foolishly thought arrivals wasn't too bad.

Shitshow doesn't cover it. 45 minutes to get through immigration, queues snaking all over the building down to the hexagon gate!

Then the baggage carousel for the flight packed up, another 20 minute wait (and we were one of the lucky ones at that).
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:10 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Head for Points have confirmed that BA will love back to T3 on 27 March 2022.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...manchester-t3/

No idea what the lounge situation will be though.

The CSM on my flight from JFK said that he had heard that BA were getting a new lounge but he couldn’t confirm how true that was.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:16 am

I wonder if they'll continue to use T1 for checkin/security as rumoured with only T3 being used for gates or if they'll thin out the T1 staff to cover T3 security and open it up properly. Not that either solution changes it from being the depressing hell hole is currently is.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by BJ787
I wonder if they'll continue to use T1 for checkin/security as rumoured with only T3 being used for gates or if they'll thin out the T1 staff to cover T3 security and open it up properly. Not that either solution changes it from being the depressing hell hole is currently is.
My reading of the article is that T3 is starting to fully re-open, with other airlines, including Ryanair, moving over from T1 as well.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:24 am

Can’t confirm specifically about BA, but my close friend who works at the airport says T3 will be fully open from April 1st. Whether that morphs into march 27th as mentioned above then yeah maybe, but I would fully expect checkin/security to be T3 by then, rather than that current situation sharing with T1 and walking between terminals

have no idea what the lounge situation will be
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Head for Points have confirmed that BA will love back to T3 on 27 March 2022.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...manchester-t3/

No idea what the lounge situation will be though.

The CSM on my flight from JFK said that he had heard that BA were getting a new lounge but he couldn’t confirm how true that was.

It will be nice (!) to be officially using T3, as opposed to just actually using T3 for all arrivals and the majority of departures for the last 2 years...
Old Mar 8, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
It will be nice (!) to be officially using T3, as opposed to just actually using T3 for all arrivals and the majority of departures for the last 2 years...
Once BA is back in T3, I might even fly to / from MAN again. The most recent reports of using T1 gates has ensured I have used the trains when needing to go to Manchester recently. Although the recent hike in fares on the MAN route might banjax that idea as well..
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.