Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
So in terms of surviving BA lounges, is it just GLA/EDI/ABZ?
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by skipness1E
So in terms of surviving BA lounges, is it just GLA/EDI/ABZ?
Yup. The only BA lounges in England are in London.
skipness1E and Colesmore like this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:07 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by KARFA
There are rumours that T3 may re-open this summer, possibly by March/April.

This would mean back to check in and security at T3 rather than T1 currently. I assume that the Escape in T3 would re-open and BA would use it, but I guess we will have to see on that, otherwise it would be a bit of a trek across to T1 to use the lounges there before coming back to T3 to board.
Maybe the 1903 lounge will re-open? AF/KL used that for their premium customers. A lot better than the Escape or BA lounge.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Maybe the 1903 lounge will re-open? AF/KL used that for their premium customers. A lot better than the Escape or BA lounge.
Yes, I didn't mention it as I assume even if it was open BA wouldn't pay for it.

Prove me wrong BA
DYKWIA and MaxFlyer like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 5:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by LSSI92
What time in the morning was this, Tobias? I'll be there at around 4am on a Friday morning in a few weeks. Thank you!
It was a little after 0915, I arrived for the 1035 shuttle. I don't do those early starts any more!
KARFA and LSSI92 like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, I didn't mention it as I assume even if it was open BA wouldn't pay for it.

Prove me wrong BA
Well with POUGs now going for £75 each way, they should open the royal suite, dust off the rose petals and throw in a rub down and a shiatsu for CE pax..
KARFA and TarquinMontague like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It was a little after 0915, I arrived for the 1035 shuttle. I don't do those early starts any more!
takes me back to last year as we came out of lockdown3 and I was getting the 0330 train from Leeds to make the 0700 flight at MAN for daytrips to London.

Very character building

Old Jan 27, 2022, 1:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
You say character building - we all say mad!

aks120
KARFA likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by wythy
Various sources are saying T3 will be open for the summer schedule but nothing official as of yet.

There is work currently underway in what was the BA lounge, although no details as of yet what the work is for. One assumes the BA customers would avail themselves of the Escape lounge in T3 when it re-opens as access to the T1 lounges will be closed off once more. No details either on the 1903 lounge, as the biggest user KL/AF are now relocated to T2.
out of interest, do you mean the free access between T3 and T1 would be closed? Would this be because the connection centres are reopening?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:37 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Reopening Premiair would solve all the issues, it’s the best £50-£100 you’ll ever spend! Apparently they still use it for football teams, as they also did previously…. Still no public opening date forthcoming.
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:53 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by cheshirepete
Reopening Premiair would solve all the issues, it’s the best £50-£100 you’ll ever spend! Apparently they still use it for football teams, as they also did previously…. Still no public opening date forthcoming.
Have never used Premiair - but I do like the proposition to bypass the MAN "experience"!
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Arrived at T1 security at 14:42 and it took 8 minutes to get through. The hold up was people unfamiliar with airport security screening and having to open all of their bags to find items.

The staff seemed friendly for once and said hello, how are you?, thank you and have a good flight!

The normal queue was very, very long but about 6 lanes were open.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
No more fast track at MAN???

I’ve just gone through security at Manchester Airport and the supervisor lady who was there mentioned that from the 7th Feb no more BA fast track as BA is not paying anymore.
im not sure how accurate this is but she was very confident.
does anyone (probably from BA) can confirm this.
I mean if this is true… well I don’t really want to continue this line as FT policy would be breached.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 8:52 am

I am surprised. Surely such a change would have been mentioned in Sean's recent email as being in line with his promise to create a more premium experience for us?
Old Feb 1, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I surprised as well. I’m sure Karfa knows to avoid Friday afternoon because it will be a long wait in the standard queue.
I had a chat with the escape lounge lady and she said that T3 is planning to open fully from April. I wouldn’t bet on it however I take it as a good indication. She mentioned that mainly BA and Ryanair will use it (just before Covid) so no fast track there wouldn’t help much either. Oh and of course no chance for a BA lounge.
i miss LBA….
KARFA, Gastrocnemius and S_W_S like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.