Old Aug 23, 2021, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Old Sep 29, 2021, 4:40 pm

Programs: BAEC
The thing that's especially frustrating is that these sort of excuses are so plainly ridiculous when offered to an audience who know quite well what is and isn't possible.

There remains some great service on the short routes - I remember one LHR-JER at the start of the year, back in the dark days of self-isolation, where the lead cabin crew member offered extra mini bottles of champagne to take home with us as she thought we might need them! A much appreciated gesture.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Looked at a day's parking at MAN next week.
49 in the T1 multistorey and 48 for T3.
Half that at NCL the other week.

Too cheap to pay that, so going to park at either Heald Green or Gatley and pay 3.70ish for a 5-10 min train ride.
MaxFlyer and Silver Fox like this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Wow! I was looking at NCL for December, they wanted 90 for 2 weeks in the short stay.
But this is from the airport that charged me 25 for being 12 hrs late after the GIB do, so really nothing should surprise me about MAN any more.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC
I'm by no means a frequent flyer but with the loss of the LBA route, I know go via LNER/HEX if I need to get to LHR, slightly more hassle possibly, but I avoid MAN whenever I can.
KARFA likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 12:08 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Manchester experience was so bad last month I've decided to drive to Heathrow rather than face this turmoil. Its not fun pushing 2 x 32kg suitcases from T3 to T1
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by LBA_flyer
I'm by no means a frequent flyer but with the loss of the LBA route, I know go via LNER/HEX if I need to get to LHR, slightly more hassle possibly, but I avoid MAN whenever I can.
I usually do the same, though LNER + Tube.
I will fly in some circumstances (like in November there's engineering works between DON and PBO), but I try and use NCL these days.
LBA_flyer likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
It was my first time from MAN today at a more reasonable hour of the day - security at midday was very pleasant. No queue at all in Fast Track and the staff didn't insist on laptops being removed from cases, plus bags of cables sailed through with no secondary. Everything was great until I hit the Escape lounge - so busy that people were being shown to allocated tables and it was crazy busy with people moving around. It was honestly a more relaxing experience around the seating outside Hamleys in the terminal. Annoying, as the Aspire lounge looked pretty empty.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: BA GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by stevebintley
It was my first time from MAN today at a more reasonable hour of the day - security at midday was very pleasant. No queue at all in Fast Track and the staff didn't insist on laptops being removed from cases, plus bags of cables sailed through with no secondary. Everything was great until I hit the Escape lounge - so busy that people were being shown to allocated tables and it was crazy busy with people moving around. It was honestly a more relaxing experience around the seating outside Hamleys in the terminal. Annoying, as the Aspire lounge looked pretty empty.
Was the Aspire lounge open? It seems to have closed at lunchtime so it may be that the last few people would be kicked out soon. I cant wait for it to be open properly as the Escape is sadly anything but an Escape at times - just because its so popular.

Im actually on the train from Manchester to Euston right now. The whole MAN charade has got a bit too much for a while and the cost of flights is getting hard to justify. Good to know there are times of day when its not completely nuts 😅🤣
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Which is the one with windows? that one has a good view of the runway etc
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Aspire. Unless things have changed Escape is windowless.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: BA GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Thats the Aspire. Why they dont open all day, I dont know. Escape is proving that the demand exists..
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by stevebintley
Everything was great until I hit the Escape lounge - so busy that people were being shown to allocated tables and it was crazy busy with people moving around.
Always tends to be the case at the minute around then due to EK using it - especially if they've got an A380 in. It tends to quiet down around 1330 when they all go.

Incidentally we went through recently for the same afternoon flight and it was as packed as you've described. A couple of walk-ins in front of us got to the desk, had their phone numbers taken and were then turned away, yet as BA passengers there was space available for us. Whether they're allotting a certain amount of space specifically for their airline customers that's first come first served or we were just lucky I don't know.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.

Last edited by BJ787; Oct 8, 2021 at 9:34 am
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Thats the Aspire. Why they dont open all day, I dont know. Escape is proving that the demand exists..
Escape is ok, just feels too cramped / claustrophobic....
Aspire is much more open/sizeable, shame they couldn't have done the deal with BA...plenty of space for a BA section...
Old Oct 8, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: VA (Plat), QR (OWE), BAEC (Silver), AY (Gold), HH (Diamond)
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Id agree and it might make a nice change for BA to get complaints from pax other than me on the MAN route!

Ironically, my early flight to MAN yesterday was for once boarded from an air bridge, on time and all pax fully fed and watered - and thats a rare exception for that route at the moment.
The tales here prompted me to go back and submit a complaint for 1386 01/10. No aircraft at the gate (coming from the hangar) until approx 20 mins after STD. No food for the rear rows of CE and no drinks past row 2, of course we were in Row 3. We shall see what comes from it. Rest assured I won't be holding my breath, but will consider my LH group options more seriously.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Ive been getting emails today saying that flights will be arriving and departing from T1 rather than T3, scheduled in November.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.