Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have just been through Fast Track and no issue. I asked whether BA access was coming to an end and the person at the barrier had not heard anything 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Fast Track has never appeared on a BA BP at MAN. In times gone by they used to place a small sticker on the BP but that too stopped several years ago.
Interestingly enough the stickers still remain, only used by other airlines, not BA. LH Group, for example, issue them.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Confus
Interestingly enough the stickers still remain, only used by other airlines, not BA. LH Group, for example, issue them.
They are rather anachronistic though, perhaps dating from an era when mobiles or olci didn't exist.

They are not required for BA for T1 and haven't been in T3 prior to that for many years.
Confus likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:56 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I did drop a Twitter DM yesterday to ask if it's true re Fast Track - no response yet though. It didn't actually seem important enough to go through more escalated routes!

Otherwise I will find out next week anyway and, like others, will report back.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

BA have closed the lounge, made the check-in process dire by having too few staff, and now (rumoured) to be removing Fast Track security. Premium customers will look elsewhere, and then in a years time BA will pull out completely saying the LHR route just didn't make any money.

You heard it here first
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:38 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
BA have closed the lounge, made the check-in process dire by having too few staff, and now (rumoured) to be removing Fast Track security. Premium customers will look elsewhere, and then in a years time BA will pull out completely saying the LHR route just didn't make any money.

You heard it here first
You might not be wrong, sadly.

Luckily for me, I am not travelling the route anywhere near as much as I was - but you're right the experience has already dropped off a cliff and the new POUG price set at £75 each way I'm sure will reduce "premium" demand still further - premium checkin is a joke, fast track may go, the lounge is average, priority boarding doesn't work so it's all about the 35 mins in the air where you get an empty seat next to you.
DYKWIA, MaxFlyer, Tryhard and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RedDevil83
I travelled a few days before Xmas, and was asked if I was flying BA each time I ordered champagne. When I said yes, they asked to see boarding pass each time with the question “what cabin you in?”. Seemingly as I was flying club Europe, I was allowed it. It was inferred I probably wouldn’t have been allowed it as a gold flying economy although i didn’t specifically ask
Is it normal once in a Lounge to then be asked for your boarding pass?!
Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I did drop a Twitter DM yesterday to ask if it's true re Fast Track - no response yet though. It didn't actually seem important enough to go through more escalated routes!

Otherwise I will find out next week anyway and, like others, will report back.
I did the same and got a response today saying that I should contact BA.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by RedDevil83
I travelled a few days before Xmas, and was asked if I was flying BA each time I ordered champagne. When I said yes, they asked to see boarding pass each time with the question “what cabin you in?”. Seemingly as I was flying club Europe, I was allowed it. It was inferred I probably wouldn’t have been allowed it as a gold flying economy although i didn’t specifically ask
This differentiation for champagne... is just weird.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by DYKWIA

You heard it here first
You would be surprised. BA have multiple flights per day and a lot of connecting passengers that won’t want the hassle of going to Euston then out to T3/T5.

The old BA lounge and staff was like a lot of BA in the regions the best bits of travel from the regions for regulars and visitors alike. The catering was standard but consistent and was a haven after the godawful security experience.

BA are laughing all the way to the bank taking peoples money and providing an inferior service. Yes some people will drive to LHR but still get on a BA plane. The odd couple might go EY or EK but not enough to worry about..

Theres 20 pages here highlighting mostly how bad it is, being turned away from lounges etc etc but people still continuing to fly BA from MAN.
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
For a change we’re giving JetBlue a try to JFK next month, it is train to Kings cross and Hex/Tube etc. I will avoid MAN at all costs. It would probably be different if the BA experience was better. This is a cash fare whereas I could have used Avios & 241 from MAN and had use of lounges etc that JetBlue don’t offer but I guess that’s where I am at with it right now. Obviously, with Avios etc I’ll back to BA or if their schedule/price is the best for my requirements…..just not from MAN
Old Feb 4, 2022, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
This differentiation for champagne... is just weird.
Has anyone been through recently and still been able to have Champagne? word on the street before Christmas was that it was being paid for by Emirates whilst their own lounge was shut and should have never been given to BA passengers to begin with.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by BJ787
Has anyone been through recently and still been able to have Champagne? word on the street before Christmas was that it was being paid for by Emirates whilst their own lounge was shut and should have never been given to BA passengers to begin with.
I’ve had a mixed experience - literally in the same lounge visit. Was served champagne when I produced my Club boarding pass but when I asked for another glass a different member of staff abruptly and aggressively told me that I should not have had champagne in the first place and I certainly would not get another glass.

A premium experience it ain’t!
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Managed to get to MAN very late (12pm for the 12.45 flight) so had to run through Security.

FT still open, didn't have time to ask and check if its ending

New record, Uber to Duty free in 4 mins....
Old Feb 4, 2022, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by ademanuele
I am on the 17:10 MAN-LHR today and will see what I can find out. I have also contacted BA to see if they can enlighten us...
I just called BA to make a flight change and asked about Fast Track at Manchester. The person I spoke to was very helpful and went away to speak to a supervisor and they have no knowledge of an end to Fast Track (I have not yet had a response to my webform enquiry to BA). She also added that security was managed by the MAG group and they would unlikely be aware of such a change in advance...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.