Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:22 am

Programs: BA, DC, IC
Originally Posted by KARFA
You do exit out of T3 but everything including taxis and pickup is at T1 I understand.
sorry can I double check that Karfa or anyone with experience does that mean going over to T1 to pick up luggage
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mycity68
sorry can I double check that Karfa or anyone with experience does that mean going over to T1 to pick up luggage
your luggage will come out in the domestic baggage hall in t3, so you collect it as usual before exiting t3.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
your luggage will come out in the domestic baggage hall in t3, so you collect it as usual before exiting t3.
thanks Karfa, so guess it’s just a walk over to T1 for cabs etc.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by mycity68
thanks Karfa, so guess it’s just a walk over to T1 for cabs etc.
Yes. No vehicles are permitted at T3.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
thanks Tobias.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by LSSI92
I'm flying MAN-LHR-JFK on Friday. It's highly likely I'll be unable to check-in online. The flight from Manchester is at 6:15am. Can anyone advise what time check-in will open at MAN and what time you would personally look to arrive to check-in in timely fashion?

Thank you!
Polite bump!
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Polite bump!
Check-in closes 45 minutes before departure of the aircraft, at that time of the morning if you are at the desk at 5.15 you won't go far wrong (I'm assuming you'll have a bag to drop)

There really is no reason why you'd want to spend any more time than necessary in that airport.
LancashireFlyer and LSSI92 like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by bhbloke
Check-in closes 45 minutes before departure of the aircraft, at that time of the morning if you are at the desk at 5.15 you won't go far wrong (I'm assuming you'll have a bag to drop)

There really is no reason why you'd want to spend any more time than necessary in that airport.
Thanks for that! Not used MAN for a while and I have to say I'm not looking forward to it! Thanks again.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
In reality, although it’s technically not supposed to be, the T3 pickup car park (outdoor) is still in place and fully operational. You walk through the (eerily deserted) multi storey to get there. I probably shouldn’t recommend ignoring MAN’s rules, but I do find it much easier to be picked up there than T1 and have done so several times in recent months. MAN couldn’t give a stuff as long as you give them their Ł6.
MARTINSWIN likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:52 am

As virtually every Avanti stops at Milton Keynes just book Euston to Milton Keynes and Milton Keynes Manchester off peak .. the xx20 from Euston all stop at Milton Keynes and the AWC Euston/ ,Keynes ticket is not time restricted
Talking Standard not First but Ł25 to u/g to Premium (assuming the TM bothers checking tickets!) spend your saving on a bottle of plonk and some food from M and S!

Last edited by CHESHLAD; Feb 16, 2022 at 10:46 pm Reason: grammar
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:46 am
jmd

Programs: BAEC gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The Aspire lounge is better than the Escape lounge, but it's only open until midday at the moment.
I was in MAN last Thursday and the Aspire lounge was still open when I left to go to the gate for the 17.05 BA departure. It came as something of a relief, as the Escape lounge was packed and looked really dark and dingy. Sitting by the windows in the Aspire was much quieter and more pleasant, although I didn’t investigate the catering options…
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jmd
I was in MAN last Thursday and the Aspire lounge was still open when I left to go to the gate for the 17.05 BA departure. It came as something of a relief, as the Escape lounge was packed and looked really dark and dingy. Sitting by the windows in the Aspire was much quieter and more pleasant, although I didn’t investigate the catering options…
Yes. I was in the Aspire last week and I think I noticed that its opening times have extended until 5pm. Would be good to get confirmation on this - then the wiki can be updated!
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Yes. I was in the Aspire last week and I think I noticed that its opening times have extended until 5pm. Would be good to get confirmation on this - then the wiki can be updated!
The Aspire Lounge is open as follows:

Monday to Friday 04:00-17:00
Saturday & Sunday 04:00-13:00

The Escape Lounge is open as follows:

Monday 4am - 7pm
Tuesday 4am - 5.30pm
Wednesday 4am - 5pm
Thursday 4am - 7pm
Friday 4am - 7pm
Saturday 4am - 7pm
Sunday 4am - 7pm
jmd likes this.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Feb 14, 2022 at 1:06 pm Reason: Added Escape Lounge opening times
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:55 pm

I'm flying MAN-LHR-JFK on Friday. It's highly likely I'll be unable to check-in online. The flight from Manchester is at 6:15am. Can anyone advise what time check-in will open at MAN and what time you would personally look to arrive to check-in in timely fashion?

Thank you!
I was on a 6:25 flight the other week, check in was open when I arrived at 4am - it looked like it had been open for some time.
LSSI92 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
Credit where it is due

Through MAN fast track and security T1 in less than two minutes this morning. No issue with BA boarding card. Lots of good mornings and no hectoring. Pleasant change!
ThatT1Feeling likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.