BA experience at Manchester

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 17, 22, 5:11 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Wiki Link
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.


Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3





























Print Wikipost

Old Feb 14, 22, 2:22 am
  #346  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manchester
Programs: BA, DC, IC
Posts: 347
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
You do exit out of T3 but everything including taxis and pickup is at T1 I understand.
sorry can I double check that Karfa or anyone with experience does that mean going over to T1 to pick up luggage
mycity68 is offline  
Old Feb 14, 22, 2:34 am
  #347  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 37,293
Originally Posted by mycity68 View Post
sorry can I double check that Karfa or anyone with experience does that mean going over to T1 to pick up luggage
your luggage will come out in the domestic baggage hall in t3, so you collect it as usual before exiting t3.
KARFA is online now  
Old Feb 14, 22, 2:40 am
  #348  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manchester
Programs: BA, DC, IC
Posts: 347
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
your luggage will come out in the domestic baggage hall in t3, so you collect it as usual before exiting t3.
thanks Karfa, so guess its just a walk over to T1 for cabs etc.
mycity68 is offline  
Old Feb 14, 22, 2:46 am
  #349  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 14,894
Originally Posted by mycity68 View Post
thanks Karfa, so guess it’s just a walk over to T1 for cabs etc.
Yes. No vehicles are permitted at T3.
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Feb 14, 22, 2:48 am
  #350  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manchester
Programs: BA, DC, IC
Posts: 347
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Yes. No vehicles are permitted at T3.
thanks Tobias.
mycity68 is offline  
Old Feb 14, 22, 3:25 am
  #351  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by LSSI92 View Post
I'm flying MAN-LHR-JFK on Friday. It's highly likely I'll be unable to check-in online. The flight from Manchester is at 6:15am. Can anyone advise what time check-in will open at MAN and what time you would personally look to arrive to check-in in timely fashion?

Thank you!
Polite bump!
LSSI92 is offline  
Old Feb 14, 22, 3:36 am
  #352  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Posts: 1,066
Originally Posted by LSSI92 View Post
Polite bump!
Check-in closes 45 minutes before departure of the aircraft, at that time of the morning if you are at the desk at 5.15 you won't go far wrong (I'm assuming you'll have a bag to drop)

There really is no reason why you'd want to spend any more time than necessary in that airport.
LancashireFlyer and LSSI92 like this.
bhbloke is offline  
Old Feb 14, 22, 3:38 am
  #353  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by bhbloke View Post
Check-in closes 45 minutes before departure of the aircraft, at that time of the morning if you are at the desk at 5.15 you won't go far wrong (I'm assuming you'll have a bag to drop)

There really is no reason why you'd want to spend any more time than necessary in that airport.
Thanks for that! Not used MAN for a while and I have to say I'm not looking forward to it! Thanks again.
LSSI92 is offline  
Old Feb 14, 22, 7:55 am
  #354  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,972
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Yes. No vehicles are permitted at T3.
In reality, although it’s technically not supposed to be, the T3 pickup car park (outdoor) is still in place and fully operational. You walk through the (eerily deserted) multi storey to get there. I probably shouldn’t recommend ignoring MAN’s rules, but I do find it much easier to be picked up there than T1 and have done so several times in recent months. MAN couldn’t give a stuff as long as you give them their 6.
MARTINSWIN likes this.
Confus is offline  
Old Feb 14, 22, 8:52 am
  #355  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 39
As virtually every Avanti stops at Milton Keynes just book Euston to Milton Keynes and Milton Keynes Manchester off peak .. the xx20 from Euston all stop at Milton Keynes and the AWC Euston/ ,Keynes ticket is not time restricted
Talking Standard not First but 25 to u/g to Premium (assuming the TM bothers checking tickets!) spend your saving on a bottle of plonk and some food from M and S!

Last edited by CHESHLAD; Feb 16, 22 at 10:46 pm Reason: grammar
CHESHLAD is offline  
Old Feb 14, 22, 11:46 am
  #356  
jmd
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Jersey
Programs: BAEC gold
Posts: 393
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
The Aspire lounge is better than the Escape lounge, but it's only open until midday at the moment.
I was in MAN last Thursday and the Aspire lounge was still open when I left to go to the gate for the 17.05 BA departure. It came as something of a relief, as the Escape lounge was packed and looked really dark and dingy. Sitting by the windows in the Aspire was much quieter and more pleasant, although I didnt investigate the catering options
jmd is online now  
Old Feb 14, 22, 12:38 pm
  #357  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, ARN, HEL, ..... or MAN
Programs: BA GFL, GGL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Posts: 5,491
Originally Posted by jmd View Post
I was in MAN last Thursday and the Aspire lounge was still open when I left to go to the gate for the 17.05 BA departure. It came as something of a relief, as the Escape lounge was packed and looked really dark and dingy. Sitting by the windows in the Aspire was much quieter and more pleasant, although I didnt investigate the catering options
Yes. I was in the Aspire last week and I think I noticed that its opening times have extended until 5pm. Would be good to get confirmation on this - then the wiki can be updated!
ThatT1Feeling is online now  
Old Feb 14, 22, 1:01 pm
  #358  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 14,894
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post
Yes. I was in the Aspire last week and I think I noticed that its opening times have extended until 5pm. Would be good to get confirmation on this - then the wiki can be updated!
The Aspire Lounge is open as follows:

Monday to Friday 04:00-17:00
Saturday & Sunday 04:00-13:00

The Escape Lounge is open as follows:

Monday 4am - 7pm
Tuesday 4am - 5.30pm
Wednesday 4am - 5pm
Thursday 4am - 7pm
Friday 4am - 7pm
Saturday 4am - 7pm
Sunday 4am - 7pm
jmd likes this.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Feb 14, 22 at 1:06 pm Reason: Added Escape Lounge opening times
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Feb 15, 22, 2:55 pm
  #359  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 114
Originally Posted by LSSI92 View Post
I'm flying MAN-LHR-JFK on Friday. It's highly likely I'll be unable to check-in online. The flight from Manchester is at 6:15am. Can anyone advise what time check-in will open at MAN and what time you would personally look to arrive to check-in in timely fashion?

Thank you!
I was on a 6:25 flight the other week, check in was open when I arrived at 4am - it looked like it had been open for some time.
LSSI92 likes this.
jamestg is offline  
Old Feb 16, 22, 1:34 am
  #360  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK/France
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
Posts: 244
Credit where it is due

Through MAN fast track and security T1 in less than two minutes this morning. No issue with BA boarding card. Lots of good mornings and no hectoring. Pleasant change!
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Porky Speedpig is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread