Old Aug 23, 2021, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Old Nov 24, 2023, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
How can a bag 'fail to scan' (without wishing to open up a can of security worms)
I assume "fail to scan" means the barcode on the tray didn't scan, rather than the contents.
Tobias-UK and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 5:58 am

BA1370 very good this morning, doors open within minutes and bags almost immediately out. We were at the bus stop from leaving the plane in about 6 mins.
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC
So only related to BA in a tertiary fashion ( at present ) but I thought some may be interested in this article:

Manchester Airports new super terminal named one of the worlds most beautiful
Old Nov 30, 2023, 8:35 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Unhappy Comparing MAN-LHR to DXB-DOH

Originally Posted by ManInExitRow
Thanks. Am currently contemplating the state of MAN from the Al Mourjan lounge at DOH. The Al Safwa lounge is closed but thankfully some of their bottles of classed growth Bordeaux have migrated here. Even the moving walkways work. Not sure the third party Ryanair lounge offer at MAN meets this standard 😂

We flew DXB > DOH last evening. A short hop but a rather different J experience from the MAN LHR bus 😂 No queues in a cramped 143 corridor and a 🥂 PDB offered.
I also flew DXB-DOH in J last week. Interested in your mention of "MAN LHR bus" as both ends of my DXB-DOH flight were bus transfers and as it was a 777, it took a lot of busses and a lot of time to fill the plane. Emptying, using a bus gate entailed clearing security upon entry to DOH.

I dislike the boarding experience at MAN, but the QR experience at DXB was probably worse and the arrival experience at DOH definitely was !!
Old Nov 30, 2023, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Hydebear
So only related to BA in a tertiary fashion ( at present ) but I thought some may be interested in this article:

Manchester Airports new super terminal named one of the worlds most beautiful
The people responsible for these comments should've gone to Specsavers! Anyone who has travelled will know this is utter nonsense.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 1:51 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ademanuele
The people responsible for these comments should've gone to Specsavers! Anyone who has travelled will know this is utter nonsense.
Have you been through T2? I've been a few times and it's been fine. It's still not finished, but it's a massive improvement over T1 & T3.

Last edited by DYKWIA; Nov 30, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Old Nov 30, 2023, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Today from Manchester.. this route has domestic train and road competition. It’s impressive how BA can make their journeys longer end to end vs schedule than the train.

Today's outbound was 90 mins delayed, bus to the plane, no catering loaded. The evening flight has had an aircraft change to one of the old ex-BMI 319s, putting me in a middle seat even though my original seat remains empty, a 30 minute delay and counting. I would bet my house that it will be a bus when we land at LHR. It is definitely the route that BA forgot.

Old Nov 30, 2023, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Have you been through T2? I've been a few times and it's been fine. It's still not finished, but it's a massive improvement over T1 & T2.
I have been, and would certainly not describe it as "one of the worlds most beautiful", far from it...
ThatT1Feeling and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
So am I going to be the first FTer to experience a BA departure from Manchester on Christmas Day?
Old Nov 30, 2023, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by BLHD
So am I going to be the first FTer to experience a BA departure from Manchester on Christmas Day?
Good luck! But it depends. If you have booked for Christmas Day then don't book the last flight as the rate they're going you might actually depart on Boxing Day.

Right now the 19.30 departure from MAN is still at the gate some 45 mins after scheduled departure time, engines off, no aircon, increasing risk of missed connections for DXB and HKG apparently - but no sign of any movement or sense of urgency. I'm impressed by how patient the pax with connections are being.
ManInExitRow likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 3:49 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Today from Manchester.. this route has domestic train and road competition. Its impressive how BA can make their journeys longer end to end vs schedule than the train.

Today's outbound was 90 mins delayed, bus to the plane, no catering loaded. The evening flight has had an aircraft change to one of the old ex-BMI 319s, putting me in a middle seat even though my original seat remains empty, a 30 minute delay and counting. I would bet my house that it will be a bus when we land at LHR. It is definitely the route that BA forgot.
The times are so padded that I bet most of those would be classed as an on-time arrival!
ThatT1Feeling and ademanuele like this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
Now I think they're trolling me. Just seen this on my Twitter (X) timeline!
Feel free to vent your spleen on their Twitter feed in a manner and vocabulary worthy of Mr Musk himself.
ademanuele and Nb11 like this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 2:32 am

"EasyJet To Return 3,000 Gatwick Slots To British Airways" Chances are slim but wonder whether MAN-LGW will ever be reinstated??
Old Dec 1, 2023, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Today from Manchester.. this route has domestic train and road competition. Its impressive how BA can make their journeys longer end to end vs schedule than the train.

Small world, I was on the BA1398 last night. They also had to do some rejigging of where people with infants sat moving passengers around I could hear the planning of how to sort it out in the galley!
Old Dec 1, 2023, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by CMiM
Small world, I was on the BA1398 last night. They also had to do some rejigging of where people with infants sat moving passengers around I could hear the planning of how to sort it out in the galley!
You were clearly closer to the front than me! Ah yes it does seem that when there's an aircraft change, all preferences, seating together requests etc go out of the window.. my reassigned seat would not stay upright at all. I had to explain to the guy behind me in case he thought I was reclining unnecessarily.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.