Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
So the Escape lounge, and all its drunken glory, closes at 5pm it seems. So for the 20:50 flight to LHR, having expected an hour or so of at least a free pint and some dinner, we are instead in the terminal. Premium it isn’t. Have sent a complaint.
MaxFlyer, Modo, Silver Fox and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Pleasantly surprised to see that they have introduced a menu in Club Europe. Returned to Manchester today and received the attached menu (did not get a menu just over 2 weeks ago so suspect only recently introduced?).

What I was also surprised by (first time I have seen on the Manchester shuttle) a few weeks ago was the cabin crew asking customers what they would like to drink before the flight took off so that drinks were served quickly after take off. Not sure why this is not done regularly given how short this flight is...

MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
What am I missing? People are complaining that there is not enough seating in T3, so the airport have introduced a new seating area in the old BA lounge. And yet you're still complaining?
the airport has always been fundamentally run badly (not just post Covid). This sticking plaster, just highlights how woeful it really is.
If Manchester is really a northern powerhouse, and levelling up is a real thing - then the airport seriously needs to consider its role in the local and regional economy and drastically improve.
MaxFlyer, Modo, Lynyrd and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Menu is due to rules around calories being on menus in the UK
ademanuele likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:02 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
So the Escape lounge, and all its drunken glory, closes at 5pm it seems. So for the 20:50 flight to LHR, having expected an hour or so of at least a free pint and some dinner, we are instead in the terminal. Premium it isn’t. Have sent a complaint.
Yes, it closes at 17:30 on Saturday, 19:45 every other day. I noticed this lounge suddenly disappeared from the oneworld lounge database, let’s hope more bad news is not on the way.
MaxFlyer and PGberkshire like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
…and now the APU is INOP and so it’s both hot and stuffy on the plane and comical watching the ground crew manoeuvre the start cart close enough to the engine. Like watching carry on caravanning.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
BJ787 and ENTP like this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:05 am

I have noticed in recent weeks that the number of rows in Club have reduced, yesterday LHR to MAN only had three rows. Has anyone else noticed this or perhaps just the flights I have been on? Wonder if business is shifting to the trains given the queues, delays and poor experience at Manchester Airport?

Separately, we had an 8.40am flight on 24th June (MAN to LHR) and the fast track queue snaked way beyond the entrance to security, a lot of people seem to be paying for fast track... I invariably find long queues now in the morning (I guess due to charter flights) whereas later in the day no problems getting through security.

As for the T3 Escape Lounge disappearing from the oneworld lounge database, this is a little concerning. Have there been any further noises of BA moving to T2? I have flights booked until next year and all showing T3...
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think it is more that quite a few ba flights on many short haul routes these days have restricted club cabins in order to keep cc requirements to a minimum rather than lack of people willing to pay for J.

on T2 there is still no date for putting in domestic arrival facilities so it’s unlikely any domestic routes will operate from T2 for a few years yet.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Also the Oneworld database though removed the T3 lounge reference but it shows the BA and Iberia using T1. It is possible that this is just a mistake someone in Oneworld forgot the BA has moved to T3 and this is just an old version.
or as the T3 lounge is a mayhem it’s possible the BA is going to use the T1 lounge? I find this hard to believe as it’s a long walk, etc but I wouldn’t be surprised anything in MAN.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Krisz
Also the Oneworld database though removed the T3 lounge reference but it shows the BA and Iberia using T1. It is possible that this is just a mistake someone in Oneworld forgot the BA has moved to T3 and this is just an old version.
or as the T3 lounge is a mayhem it’s possible the BA is going to use the T1 lounge? I find this hard to believe as it’s a long walk, etc but I wouldn’t be surprised anything in MAN.
Out of curiosity, has anyone entering T3 tried to walk back to the Escape lounge in T1 to see if they can get in with a BA boarding pass? May try and get into the T1 Aspire (or Escape Lounge) tomorrow (have Priority Pass as backup)
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ademanuele
Out of curiosity, has anyone entering T3 tried to walk back to the Escape lounge in T1 to see if they can get in with a BA boarding pass? May try and get into the T1 Aspire (or Escape Lounge) tomorrow (have Priority Pass as backup)
I suspect the door to T1 will be locked from the T1 side, won't cost anything to look though!
ademanuele likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:33 pm

I was in T1 10 days ago. The link to T3 was blocked off
ademanuele likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
What am I missing? People are complaining that there is not enough seating in T3, so the airport have introduced a new seating area in the old BA lounge. And yet you're still complaining?
I agree, MAN is a joke. I arrived around 1.30pm today and long queues at security. Escape Lounge was full and noisy and not a great experience. How about British Airways levelling up and providing their Manchester customers with a T5 experience? I have a few flights booked and after that may explore the train, can not be worse than this?

Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Blue, SPG Silver
How early should I get to MAN? Idk how chaotic it is recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.