Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by firstlight
BA Holidays are still selling Thailand holidays but all via Doha and with QR for ongoing legs. Prices travelling in business were crazy, had to work very hard to get a decent deal for our next trip, but on the positive side the double tp offer will mean renewed gold for us both from the one trip.
BA.com sells BA codeshare via DOH as well as the only option - I am still waiting to see what happens to our GUF2 booking in late October, planned for a couple of days after the scheduled resumption of the route...
Old May 26, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
How difficult can it be to email everyone with a booking on BA9/10 from 30th October onwards to say the rotation has been withdrawn and alternative arrangements will be communicated soon?

It's common knowledge the route has been withdrawn but the one source this news should come from is one source that has been deafening by its silence.

Oh yes, this is BA we're talking about. Silly me.
earlscourtflyer likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 9:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by wb1969
How difficult can it be to email everyone with a booking on BA9/10 from 30th October onwards to say the rotation has been withdrawn and alternative arrangements will be communicated soon?

It's common knowledge the route has been withdrawn but the one source this news should come from is one source that has been deafening by its silence.

Oh yes, this is BA we're talking about. Silly me.
Has the route been formally withdrawn or is it speculation? What is the source of this information?
Old May 26, 2022, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Has the route been formally withdrawn or is it speculation? What is the source of this information?
From the ever reliable Raffles British Airways drops Bangkok and other key Asian routes
Old May 26, 2022, 1:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
So it appears it’s speculative at this point, nothing official from the airline. It does seem strange that BA9/10 flights are all zeroed for the winter season but that of itself doesn’t mean they are cancelled. BKK is a key route for me, and there are few (if any options) bootable on BA at present. I normally route via SIN, but CX have not reinstated their BKK flights either.

I wonder why BA have not cancelled these flights, if that is their intention. Are there any other routes with similar behaviour?
SKT-DK likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by drkaboobi
Many of us in the same boat. Very frustrating to be in limbo like this, and a good point Sam Bee re customer services and where we sit on their priority list. While the consensus seems to be rebooking onto another airline will happen, until it actually happens I can't help but feel it can't 100% be counted on, and therefore booking other aspects of the trip carries undue risk..
I think it can be counted on with QR & AY being the options, I'd caution against booking anything else that isn't refundable though as demand is high and you may have to be flexible with dates.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
So it appears it’s speculative at this point, nothing official from the airline. It does seem strange that BA9/10 flights are all zeroed for the winter season but that of itself doesn’t mean they are cancelled. BKK is a key route for me, and there are few (if any options) bootable on BA at present. I normally route via SIN, but CX have not reinstated their BKK flights either.

I wonder why BA have not cancelled these flights, if that is their intention. Are there any other routes with similar behaviour?
Just had a response from BA twitter team advising that.Bangkok is only suspended until the end of the summer 2022 timetable..for flights beyond BA are still reviewing their operation and hope to finalise their winter timetable soon.
Tobias-UK and DelTroon like this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by earlscourtflyer
Just had a response from BA twitter team advising that.Bangkok is only suspended until the end of the summer 2022 timetable..for flights beyond BA are still reviewing their operation and hope to finalise their winter timetable soon.
Hopefully with a First option!
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by earlscourtflyer
Winter 2022 bookings were suspended more than 2 months ago. I would be very surprised if the route comes back, unless as a 3 weekly exLGW. I hope I'm wrong as I'm booked on BA10 on 1/11 and 12 hours in a clapped out 777 to LGW is not a pleasant prospect.
DelTroon likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Winter 2022 bookings were suspended more than 2 months ago. I would be very surprised if the route comes back, unless as a 3 weekly exLGW. I hope I'm wrong as I'm booked on BA10 on 1/11 and 12 hours in a clapped out 777 to LGW is not a pleasant prospect.
Excuse me, the Gatwick 777s are not 'clapped out' as you so nicely put it. They are of similar age to those used at Heathrow. In fact some may be younger.
Their premium economy and world traveller cabins have refurbished in recent times. Club World may not yet have been updated but it is not clapped out.
The Heathrow bias in outlook can be astounding at times. Best wishes.

Last edited by vectismanpaul; Jun 13, 2022 at 3:51 am
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I would hate for it to end up at Gatwick, to be honest, purely from a connections perspective - my past and future bookings are all with onward connections into northern Europe, and transiting between LGW and LHR is not something I would be particularly interested in doing.

Still hoping for my late October trip to happen on BA!
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
Excuse me, the Gatwick 777s are not 'clapped out' as you so nicely put it. They are of similar age to those used at Heathrow. In fact some may be younger.
Their premium economy and world traveller cabins have refurbished in recent times. Club World may not yet have been updated but it is not clapped out.
The Heathrow bias in outlook can be astounding at times. Best wishes.
Either way you are better off flying with AY, QR / Others unless you sincerely don’t mind being stuck on a 12 hour flight with only ONE hot meal and a half portioned cold sandwich pre-arrival….have a look at the other threads, I would in all honesty avoid BA long haul in Y/Y+ At the moment unless you want to arrive at your destination borderline starving.

Also CX has some really good deals at the moment to BKK ex-LHR for £550-600 for Sep/Oct/Nov
Old Jul 7, 2022, 6:46 am

Update - I spoke to BA this morning.

Confirmed BKK will not be reinstated in October..

Customer Services waiting for the official green light to start rerouting existing bookings.

Shouldn't be too long now.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:36 am

As another data point, I spoke with BAEC on yesterday. I was through to someone in <3 mins via the Gold dedicated number. The rep I spoke to was particularly nice and helpful and looked at various policies and spoke with a duty manager.
They are now emailing and rebooking customers up to end September. The directive is to rebook onto Qatar applicable to both revenue and Avios fares.
In my circumstance, with a trip planned for Feb '22, she said that her system had the markers that the flight was cancelled, but not the marker to rebook. She confirmed they were working through by chronological priority and that likely by October my rebooking could be processed. The flexibility on their rebooking is T-3 Days to T+14 days and a change of origin or destination of c. 350 miles, but added there was some discretion around the latter. It will benefit me to return from Phuket (420 miles) rather than BKK, so I'd be confident they'll approve this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:52 am

Do we know if BKK will ever return? It will be a great loss to the network if it does not, and there is a lot of history on the BA9/10 route. I’m very surprised it will not come back this winter as there are only a handful of open markets to the east so it is a shame to lose an open one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.