Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is a piece in Business Traveller about this cancellation. It covers the same ground as this thread for the most part, but the writer did contact BA to ask for a reaction:

“We regularly keep our extensive global network under review, and we’ve taken the decision to extend the suspension of our Bangkok service. We’re in contact with affected customers to apologise, advise them of their consumer rights and offer them alternative options, including a refund or rebooking.”

Now that form of words means what it says, whereas there is another form of words, used in other cancellations, expressing sorrow that for commercial reasons the route won't be coming back.
Those are not the words I saw in my cancellation.

To paraphrase BA, I got Your flight is cancelled. Please contact us."

Not very helpful. Why the onus is on the innocent customer, I have no idea. Bloody impossible getting through at the moment. 12 calls so far today. Cut off every single time. The last one was mid conversation.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by wb1969
Those are not the words I saw in my cancellation.

To paraphrase BA, I got Your flight is cancelled. Please contact us."

Not very helpful. Why the onus is on the innocent customer, I have no idea. Bloody impossible getting through at the moment. 12 calls so far today. Cut off every single time. The last one was mid conversation.
I know this message has been given before in this thread (repeatedly), but it's best to wait a few weeks, for the reasons already given. But if you did nothing there is a fair chance you will go through Reaccom and getting offered at least one option, maybe more, through there.
KARFA and plunet like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Indeed, those without patience insisting on solutions now are likely to find themselves worse off than those who wait and see what rebooking policies are offered in due course.

As tempting as it is, don't panic and get the one marshmallow now, wait for the two marshmallows in the future
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:12 am

TBloody impossible getting through at the moment. 12 calls so far today. Cut off every single time. The last one was mid conversation.
Then go and do something else and leave it alone. Come back in a week or so when the situation is clearer.

With due respect, you seem to be intent on causing yourself stress over this when it is very avoidable.

I can't risk waiting for QR's new policy to be published.
I honestly don't understand what risk there is here.

EDIT: sorry to be blunt, but I am genuinely trying to save you from the stress of trying to do something now which can clearly wait.
James91 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I got through in less than five minutes on the Gold like today again (this was around noon UK time) after having two missed calls from BA and a subsequent "we need to speak to you regarding your booking" mail - turns out somebody between yesterday and today have found a better option that they were holding for me to evaluate. Superb customer experience both yesterday and today, and a /welldone submitted for the two agents
plunet and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
There's a lot of comments about sitting back and waiting a while, which ordinarily I would, but QR is showing hardly any availability in J for both legs back to London on either 31/10 or 1/11 so even if they opened up their inventory to BA for codeshares, it wouldn't make any difference.

29/10 & 30/10 are more open.

Would I be able to change my outbound date for no penalty even if it's only the return that is cancelled?

I wouldn't mind coming home a few days earlier if I could move my outbound by the same.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:43 am

Would I be able to change my outbound date for no penalty even if it's only the return that is cancelled?
Yes. Usually a few days either side is fine.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I moved our outbound by -3 days and the return by -1 day to get what we wanted. That said, both outbound and return (BA10 and 9) were cancelled.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, EY Plat, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I phoned the GGL line this morning re cancelled BKK (reward) flights in Jan ‘23. Was told QR rebooking wasn’t an option at the moment but to sit tight. The very helpful agent phoned me back a few hours later to say the policy had been updated and rebooked us on to QR. Excellent service from the GGL team.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:55 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
There's a lot of comments about sitting back and waiting a while, which ordinarily I would, but QR is showing hardly any availability in J for both legs back to London on either 31/10 or 1/11 so even if they opened up their inventory to BA for codeshares, it wouldn't make any difference.

29/10 & 30/10 are more open.

I wouldn't mind coming home a few days earlier if I could move my outbound by the same.
I think the panic is that any of us flying to bkk and hoping to be rerouted on QR is that the World Cup starts in November ( we are flying on 20 November so the likelihood is that there will be no seats available so QR aren’t going to shove paid pax on QR to allow reward flights to take up the bucket I was told to wait at least a week so will hold tight but can appreciate that some who booked are getting nervous
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:03 am

Just got off a call with BA executive club and they told me that I am unable to be rebooked onto Qatar or Finnair because I've used a companion voucher. Apologies if this has been addressed already, but is that true??
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KaiW90
Just got off a call with BA executive club and they told me that I am unable to be rebooked onto Qatar or Finnair because I've used a companion voucher. Apologies if this has been addressed already, but is that true??
What was the rebooking option they offered? They are required to offer at least one. If it is post 28 October, well see above.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:26 am

They offered to rebook me onto another BA flight within the same zone. It is post-October, but there is a new policy in place now so people are getting rebooked onto Qatar(?)

Edit: Apparently the policy has been revoked now

Last edited by KaiW90; Jul 21, 2022 at 9:30 am Reason: New information
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:41 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by fdem
I think the panic is that any of us flying to bkk and hoping to be rerouted on QR is that the World Cup starts in November ( we are flying on 20 November so the likelihood is that there will be no seats available so QR aren’t going to shove paid pax on QR to allow reward flights to take up the bucket I was told to wait at least a week so will hold tight but can appreciate that some who booked are getting nervous
And if there are no seats on QR then they’ll have to pay for you to fly on another airline. Don’t panic. They have to get you there.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:43 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by KaiW90
They offered to rebook me onto another BA flight within the same zone. It is post-October, but there is a new policy in place now so people are getting rebooked onto Qatar(?)

Edit: Apparently the policy has been revoked now
No idea what a “Zone” is. BA The only remotely nearby destination BA fly is SIN which i’m sure they’d be happy to re-book people onto if they prefer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.