Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:33 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
There is no specific BKK policy yet - I am sure there will be something soon tho.

The general QR rebooking policy that does exist for long haul cancellations only covers ticketed travel dates up to 29 Oct 2022, and where new travel dates are up to and including 29 Oct 2022. It does cover UK to Thailand though. It does not require same selling class availability, the agent should just use the lowest available selling class in the same cabin. For rewards F and CW passengers may be booked into I class under the QR flight number, and where not possible they would be booked in economy in X selling class. WTP and WT reward passengers would be rebooked in economy in X selling class.

If you have BKK flights this winter I don't see any point calling atm to get rebooked until there is a rebook policy in place. Until then you are just wasting your time.
It may be a good move to get things sorted as soon as practical now rather than waiting around doing nothing because 1) QR J ex-LHR has sparse availabilities and 2) now with the Heathrow cap potentially extended till after October half term god knows what will happen re flight capacities.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
It may be a good move to get things sorted as soon as practical now rather than waiting around doing nothing because 1) QR J ex-LHR has sparse availabilities and 2) now with the Heathrow cap potentially extended till after October half term god knows what will happen re flight capacities.
If your travel is after end of October then no it isn't since the general QR policy that does exit doesn't cover travel beyond end of October.

Sorry to be blunt, and this isn't aimed at you, but have some patience. Your travel is more than 3 months away. An extra few days waiting for the BA rebook policy will make absolutely no difference. Go and enjoy the weather and come back to this next week. Yes it would be great if BA had put a policy in place before suspending the route, but it hasn't. We can only deal with the BA we have, not the BA we would like to have
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:50 am
formerly JackDann

There is no specific BKK policy yet - I am sure there will be something soon tho.

The general QR rebooking policy that does exist for long haul cancellations only covers ticketed travel dates up to 29 Oct 2022, and where new travel dates are up to and including 29 Oct 2022. It does cover UK to Thailand though. It does not require same selling class availability, the agent should just use the lowest available selling class in the same cabin. For rewards F and CW passengers may be booked into I class under the QR flight number, and where not possible they would be booked in economy in X selling class. WTP and WT reward passengers would be rebooked in economy in X selling class.

If you have BKK flights this winter I don't see any point calling atm to get rebooked until there is a rebook policy in place. Until then you are just wasting your time.

Moving to SIN is very unlikely, it is about 3x beyond the change of gateway allowance.

Agree with you - Although when I was booked to SIN in F they did move my flight to HKT, which is way outside the allowance. Although there was absolutely no other alternative F routes to SIN at this time so slightly different situation!
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Excuse the dumb question but when a rebooking policy is published, will BA automatically communicate this to those who have so far just received email notification of cancelled flights, or is the onus going to be on those affected to keep calling BA and asking if it has been implemented?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wb1969
Excuse the dumb question but when a rebooking policy is published, will BA automatically communicate this to those who have so far just received email notification of cancelled flights, or is the onus going to be on those affected to keep calling BA and asking if it has been implemented?
No, BA won't communicate to those with cancelled flights. I am sure it will be posted in this thread tho so keep an eye on here.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC

Moving to SIN is very unlikely, it is about 3x beyond the change of gateway allowance.
Absolutely agree - I only called as I had to make this trip for in with subsequent plans, and the lady on the phone was superb. The trip length has been close to doubled, but at least it gets us where we need to be on time and with much flexibility on dates.

Most others seem to just be demanding QR because it is the perceived best opportunistic option..
JD1905 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Called BA first thing this morning...got through to an agent...but informed that her computer had "frozen"... transferred the call and it promptly collapsed. Also tried New York last night and got nowhere.

I've come to terms with the possibility that my 50% Avios in J flight may have to be abandoned...unless Qatar or Finnair come good as a rebooking option.

Since I'm clocking up Amex vouchers that now offer the same benefit, it's not the loss of the offer that piddles me ..it's the likelihood that I won't be travelling out in J to BKK ever again. Prices...!!

Chris
Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
Seriously everyone, just wait a few days. You are protected for rerouting if that's what you want.

This isn't a BA specific issue, there is frequently a little latency between a route being cancelled from the schedule and rebooking options being agreed. As others have pointed out, your flights are more than 3 months away and a few days are not going to be significant in eroding your options.
KARFA, JD1905 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:31 pm
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by plunet
Seriously everyone, just wait a few days. You are protected for rerouting if that's what you want.

This isn't a BA specific issue, there is frequently a little latency between a route being cancelled from the schedule and rebooking options being agreed. As others have pointed out, your flights are more than 3 months away and a few days are not going to be significant in eroding your options.
Originally Posted by Chris_G
Called BA first thing this morning...got through to an agent...but informed that her computer had "frozen"... transferred the call and it promptly collapsed. Also tried New York last night and got nowhere.

I've come to terms with the possibility that my 50% Avios in J flight may have to be abandoned...unless Qatar or Finnair come good as a rebooking option.

Since I'm clocking up Amex vouchers that now offer the same benefit, it's not the loss of the offer that piddles me ..it's the likelihood that I won't be travelling out in J to BKK ever again. Prices...!!

Chris
As has been said a few times. They will re-book you. Or you can rebook yourself and claim it back. So you won’t lose your 50% Voucher.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:01 am

I've been offered a reroute that gets in to LGW and requires an extra night in BKK.

It's not ideal but it's currently the only option available so I am tempted to take it.

I can't risk waiting for QR's new policy to be published.

Can I claim the cost of a night in a hotel, subsistence and a taxi from LGW-LHR back from BA?

Last edited by wb1969; Jul 21, 2022 at 3:33 am
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:56 am

When are your flights and which airline did you go with? I would be happy with ay airline as long as it is in business
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:14 am

BA10 31/10. Options are very limited. There is nothing in J on 31/10. On 1/11 there is a flight via SIN but for some reason BA won't let me book it.

QR to DOH then BA to LGW is all there is.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Have we had any update on when BA are planning to start up the route again?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Possibly never. There are no plans for summer 2023.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Originally Posted by GSTBD
Possibly never. There are no plans for summer 2023.
There is a piece in Business Traveller about this cancellation. It covers the same ground as this thread for the most part, but the writer did contact BA to ask for a reaction:

“We regularly keep our extensive global network under review, and we’ve taken the decision to extend the suspension of our Bangkok service. We’re in contact with affected customers to apologise, advise them of their consumer rights and offer them alternative options, including a refund or rebooking.”

Now that form of words means what it says, whereas there is another form of words, used in other cancellations, expressing sorrow that for commercial reasons the route won't be coming back.
Tobias-UK and Wozza2404 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.